Different seeds carry various hormones so you can manipulate it a bit with a sprouted seed tea.
Do you have any info on this? I've used Alfalfa tea in an outdoor grow as it is said to speed things up. I don't know if it did. Alfalfa is in my soil mix. I'd love to explore this more because it's so interesting. Although while I'm growing varieties of autos it's not really possible to make comparisons. I think when one gets used to growing a strain and it has predictable patterns, it would be easier to tell the difference a new amendment does or does not make.

There’s more detail on site
Good find! Thanks Bud :)
RHS is an excellent resource :thumb:
It is a good source Roy, nice to see you!

:high-five: Thanks for the save, Shed!

Meet Somango auto 2! I planted this seed on Friday and went digging for it on Monday. I couldn't find anything! Lo and behold I go to plant another seed today and look what I found.

Birth pictures are not always pretty and this little one was being held together by the amniotic sac, which I manually removed with the closest pointy thing, a porcupine quill. I won't label and tag her just yet but here is a proof of life pic from the crib. The first set of leaves are visibly developing and there is enough green in the cotys to satisfy me.

Regarding the slightly slower germination, which was 6 days to germinate and break through the soil, I think it is the colder weather that slows things down. Hopefully the seedling will open up quickly and the damage to the coty will heal. I'll be sure to post an update later 😅

DSC_9426.jpg

Do you have any info on this? I've used Alfalfa tea in an outdoor grow as it is said to speed things up. I don't know if it did. Alfalfa is in my soil mix. I'd love to explore this more because it's so interesting.
I have some n my notes which i can dig up. This is a Clackamas Coots idea and I know both Biild-A-Soil and Kis Organics have blog posts crediting him on it as well.

The Alfalfa has growth hormones in it which helps it grow super fast and deep rooted but there are other seeds with different properties like corn, barley, wheat, rye, etc. Just about any seed will work but they all bring something slightly different to the mix.

I've used a bunch of different ones. Organic popcorn seed found in bulk at many grocery stores is a good one.

Happy birthday! Maybe like my tomatoes, the very best have a case of unattractiveness. :green_heart:
Thank you! It's my actual birthday today too, so I got confused for a second there 🎂

Feliz cumpleanos!

Check out knf for excellent foliar sprays you can ferment yourself ....I used to make a bamboo shoot ferment and spray my plants in veg and holy moly would they respond, some kind of hormone in the fresh shoots of bamboo cut fresh in the morning and fermented that makes plants thrive and boosts their vigor......only other ive used similar was pure protein soy hydroslate

Happy Birthday Carmen! :partyboy:
Have a great day
:smokin:

Feliz cumpleanos!

Happy Birthday Carmen! 🥳🍻

Happy birthday Carmen 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊
Hope you have an amazing day!!!

Happy Birthday Carmen! 🎂

Thank you all for spending it with me 🎂 :circle-of-love::party: You're the best.

I went out today with a friend and I invited her to have coffee at mine. I taught her how to roll and she was able to roll a pretty decent j. The instruction was mostly verbal because I tremor too much to manage the papers. I was impressed.

I love coming home to 420 :green_heart:

Check out knf for excellent foliar sprays you can ferment yourself ....I used to make a bamboo shoot ferment and spray my plants in veg and holy moly would they respond, some kind of hormone in the fresh shoots of bamboo cut fresh in the morning and fermented that makes plants thrive and boosts their vigor......only other ive used similar was pure protein soy hydroslate
Hi MJ,

Bamboo shoot juice sounds like a must try someday. This stuff fascinates me. Knf is a wormhole I will ultimately go through. I think you need to have space and land to put a lot of it into practice, am I right? Like Azi's flower garden 🌻🌷🌼Where does one find a thing such as soy hydrolysate? How interesting. I hope we chat more about these kinds of things! :passitleft:

I have some n my notes which i can dig up. This is a Clackamas Coots idea and I know both Biild-A-Soil and Kis Organics have blog posts crediting him on it as well.

The Alfalfa has growth hormones in it which helps it grow super fast and deep rooted but there are other seeds with different properties like corn, barley, wheat, rye, etc. Just about any seed will work but they all bring something slightly different to the mix.

I've used a bunch of different ones. Organic popcorn seed found in bulk at many grocery stores is a good one.
Ah Azi forgive me for getting to this so late. I think once I have established the fact that I can consistently grow autos well, I will want to start introducing new tweaks and will look at getting the right gear for brewing proper teas.

I had a soy protein hydroslate I thought somewhere that replaced this other 1 I'm thinking of as well its called Pure Protein 15-1-1 it is a cod fish hydroslate... it did wonders on my garden as a foliar spray
Hi MJ,

Bamboo shoot juice sounds like a must try someday. This stuff fascinates me. Knf is a wormhole I will ultimately go through. I think you need to have space and land to put a lot of it into practice, am I right? Like Azi's flower garden 🌻🌷🌼Where does one find a thing such as soy hydrolysate? How interesting. I hope we chat more about these kinds of things! :passitleft:

I had a soy protein hydroslate I thought somewhere that replaced this other 1 I'm thinking of as well its called Pure Protein 15-1-1 it is a cod fish hydroslate... it did wonders on my garden as a foliar spray
Does the cod have specific vitamins and minerals that other fish don't? I use a fish hydrolysate but I don't know what kind of fish they use to make it. It was quite difficult to find this one locally. I used it for the first time in my last grow and I was very happy with it.
AGmino is another good product for a quick nitrogen boost and to increase plant vigor
I see that is available on Amazon. When would you use this product?

Back
Top Bottom