Myco powder very interesting, i'm going to pick a tube of this up! thanks for the hot tip!
They are looking great Carmen, TLC and your unconditional love pouring all over these 2 robust healthy looking Satdica Bulk Seeds Auto ladies, i'm beginning to get excited watching your grow skills unfold.
I hope to be sending you my auto fem Freakshow if my breeding project works out, but not for a couple of months and will keep you posted!
Your killing it Growmy :green_heart:
Thank you Sprout :) I'm honoured to be sharing this grow with you.
I usually add the myco powder to the hole before planting / up potting, but I forgot to do it this time. It dissolves fairly well if I keep it in suspension, so it was no problem getting a tiny bit to the tap roots.
🥰 Good call on the myco, you can't go wrong with it and the sooner the better. If you have any mulch it will help that myco propogate faster and farther. Can't wait to see another round😊👊
Thanks Gee. I hope the soil will be ok this time. I amended it almost immediately after harvest. I added the Essential Blend (recharge nutes) and EWC (earth worm compost). I also watered the soil totes to ensure sponginess come planting.
Proof of life indeed. They look happy as a pig in fish water!
LOL! I love that.
Nice healthy babies.
Hope you are feeling better soon Sunshine :hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you Bill :hug:
And by that, can we assume pigs like fish water? Asking for a friend. :hmmmm:
Oink! lol
The babies are looking great Carmen!
Thank you Tassie!
:passitleft:

20240903_142511.jpg

Happy Tuesday,

I've set the little sweethearts on their swick bases. They each have one wick fed through the bottom holes, crossing the middle section of the pot. They sucked up a couple of tablespoons of fish and microbe water earlier and now they have slowed down to a standstill. I am not going to keep them swicking after I get back, but this will tide them over until I get home.

Thanks for following along :green_heart:

20240903_142511.jpg

Happy Tuesday,

I've set the little sweethearts on their swick bases. They each have one wick fed through the bottom holes, crossing the middle section of the pot. They sucked up a couple of tablespoons of fish and microbe water earlier and now they have slowed down to a standstill. I am not going to keep them swicking after I get back, but this will tide them over until I get home.

They look beautiful Carmen. We can clearly see who's gonna be the big sister out of these 2 😁

They look beautiful Carmen. We can clearly see who's gonna be the big sister out of these 2 😁
It'll be interesting to see what happens when the Somango catches up to the Cream Mandarin. Also see which one shows flower first. I love watching canna grow :)

20240903_142511.jpg

Happy Tuesday,

They are looking fantastic, which one is racing ahead on the right? they are loving the fish and microbe water!
Great watering method! deffo be very content in your absence, but will be missing you i'm sure, leave the radio on low, apparently plants love classical music! have you ever read the book The Secret Life Of Plants? fantastic read.
Have a lovely break Carmen, we all look forward to your retun :green_heart:

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 17.54.31.png

Week 2 update:

Screenshot (116).png

In preparation for leaving on Friday I am making adjustments today. The lights will remain on 24 hours a day and I will keep the intensity low so as not to overdo it. Here is the plan.

The Cream Mandarin has a slight droop after wicking up all that water. I will monitor and check that it doesn't get too wet. I want to make sure it is all ready for me to go on Friday.

Thanks for another week of growing fun!

They are looking fantastic, which one is racing ahead on the right? they are loving the fish and microbe water!
Great watering method! deffo be very content in your absence, but will be missing you i'm sure, leave the radio on low, apparently plants love classical music! have you ever read the book The Secret Life Of Plants? fantastic read.
Have a lovely break Carmen, we all look forward to your retun :green_heart:

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 17.54.31.png
Hey Sprout, I think we posted at the same time :) Have a look at the weekly update above, the pics are labeled properly. Its the Cream Mandarin that is ahead at the mo.
Thank you for the good wishes!

Oops nearly forgot. Not read the book yet.

I’m sure in for this too! Mango and manderin, yummy! They look so happy and healthy. :thumb:
Loving the swick too. I had been wondering what the heck that was! LOL
Always learning in other’s journals… what a great big home 420 is.
:hug::high-five:

I’m sure in for this too! Mango and manderin, yummy! They look so happy and healthy. :thumb:
Loving the swick too. I had been wondering what the heck that was! LOL
Always learning in other’s journals… what a great big home 420 is.
:hug::high-five:
Hi Granny, thank you very much!
Lol, it's my makeshift swick. I turfed out all of the perlite months ago because it was taking up space and not getting used. Here is how I prefer to do it.
1725409417082.png

They look ready for your get away Carmen! Just a few more wake ups! :yahoo:
Two more sleeps Otter :yahoo:
They look great and the setup looks ready for your vacay! Do you think the turned down top leaves of the CM a result of being closer to the light? Sometimes young plant's leaves will do that in response.
You might be right. I brought the light quite a bit closer. Hmmm :hmmmm: I'll dial it back a bit and transition them over the next couple of days. The Somango auto is perfectly happy, with perky, praying leaves.
love the swick setup.
Hehehe, thanks :) I need to make the Cream Mandarin auto perk up a bit. Maybe raise the light a bit and see if that helps. I reverse wicked some moisture from the pot into a towel when the droop became pronounced. There's no improvement yet. It could well be the light.

See how the Cream Mandarin has perked up since I raised the light a bit! Also, the Somango's auto's hormones seem to have kicked in* and it is catching up to the Cream Mandarin auto in size.

*This is an unscientific statement! :cheesygrinsmiley: It just makes sense to me that there could be a hormonal boost at some point that results in growth spurts. The science will be out there but I'm not going down rabbit holes of that nature today. Maybe one of you knows if growth spurts are related to increased hormonal activity?

See how the Cream Mandarin has perked up since I raised the light a bit! Also, the Somango's auto's hormones seem to have kicked in* and it is catching up to the Cream Mandarin auto in size.

*This is an unscientific statement! :cheesygrinsmiley: It just makes sense to me that there could be a hormonal boost at some point that results in growth spurts. The science will be out there but I'm not going down rabbit holes of that nature today. Maybe one of you knows if growth spurts are related to increased hormonal activity?
Found this snippet

IMG_2416.png

Found this snippet

IMG_2416.png
Thank you Budnoob, that takes me back to high school biology classes. Now I am itching to go further down the rabbit hole lol! I wonder what the gibberellin and cytokinin are responsible for. :passitleft:

Wootwoot!! @budnoob3

"Biologists at Freie Universität Berlin have discovered that the hormone cytokinin regulates a developmental process in plants that can be compared with puberty in humans and animals..."

There’s more detail on site

"Biologists at Freie Universität Berlin have discovered that the hormone cytokinin regulates a developmental process in plants that can be compared with puberty in humans and animals..."
Different seeds carry various hormones so you can manipulate it a bit with a sprouted seed tea.

There’s more detail on site
RHS is an excellent resource :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom