Highya Carmen,

I concur. Take them down. It's worth not stressing over. I know you want the best, and she looks like her best to me! I leave mine in the drying room (with dehumidifier) for a week, and put them in storage after that. Never had a problem with mold in the stash. Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! I needed to hear that. I'm going to hold off for another day but tomorrow is it if I want them Grove Bag ready by latest 4th Sept :)

Thanks Keith! And soon we'll be saying that about your gorgeous monster plants.

Thank you SmokinRasta! Your flowers are looking super close too!

Thanks Shed. This particular post is mainly about how to use a traditional camera on a tripod, but LCF has a photo of the helping hands thingie. That may not have the height necessary to act as a tripod for a living plant, but is great for nug shots.

Incidentally, we were nearly right when we said on 13 August it would be another ten days until the MAC #1 auto is ready to harvest. That gives me 2 more days of maturation. The trichomes don't look ready yet and I have a logistical concern.

I don't know how I will manage the dry and early stage cure, off gassing etc in the time I have.

I usually hang for a week then jar but leave the lids off for the first few days. After that I open the jars twice a day for a week, then once a day for another week or thereabouts, and by that stage they are usually ready to be sealed in the jars.

This time round I have 2 weeks until I leave for Durban. I'm thinking that I need to learn about fridge drying for this plant.

Thoughts anyone please?
DSC_9313-Edit.jpg
DSC_9327-Edit.jpg

@gwhunran , how amber were your trichs when you harvested your MAC?
Hey Carmen, wow, she looks lathered, great trics! I was (also) going to mention Grove bags but see you are on to those. I just tried them for the first time recently and like them much better than jars.

Thanks G :)
The hydro store supplied me the wrong size bags! I ordered 226g bags and they have given me 1 pound bags which are enormous. I don't think I can use these. Grove say that the bags must be 75 % full for optimal cure as I understand it. Damn that means I wasted an afternoon and a ton of petrol. I think I have to return them and hope they have the correct size. Grrr
So if I understand you correctly, I bag them when I'd usually jar my bud? Only now I just zip and leave instead of burping?
Hey Carmen, I'm sorry to hear that but I was laughing when I read your post because I had the same thing happen but in polar opposite. I accidentally ordered the 1/4 ounce bags instead of the 4 ounce bags. My friends and I were laughing, I've got like 35 grove bags laying around the grow room. :passitleft:

Another one bites the dust! :bravo: on the executive decision.
Thank you, everything in order today. 1- wake and bake, 2 - trim blueberry, 3 - harvest MAC, 4 - investigate whether the covid jab is available in SA. 😅
Hey Carmen, wow, she looks lathered, great trics! I was (also) going to mention Grove bags but see you are on to those. I just tried them for the first time recently and like them much better than jars.
Thanks 024! I'm ordering some today!
Hey Carmen, I'm sorry to hear that but I was laughing when I read your post because I had the same thing happen but in polar opposite. I accidentally ordered the 1/4 ounce bags instead of the 4 ounce bags. My friends and I were laughing, I've got like 35 grove bags laying around the grow room. :passitleft:
Bahahahaha :laugh:

The MAC grew the hardest nugs I've ever produced! It's hanging after an initial trim.
20240823_101225.jpg

And here is the Blueberry dry weight 69 g / 2.43 oz
20240823_074526.jpg

I bought 113g and 28g Grove Bags, which will be better for these smaller harvests.

Thank you :) I have decided that the bags I bought must go back. I hope they have them in the 226g size I ordered. Why do you add moisture packs if the bags are intended to maintain the optimal moisture content on their own? :passitleft:
I guess I think of them as insurance. I hate the bud getting too dry. Probably not necessary but......

The MAC grew the hardest nugs I've ever produced! It's hanging after an initial trim.
20240823_101225.jpg

And here is the Blueberry dry weight 69 g / 2.43 oz
20240823_074526.jpg

I bought 113g and 28g Grove Bags, which will be better for these smaller harvests.
Nice weight of solid nugs Carmen enjoy your work looks delicious

Happy Sunday folks!

I guess I think of them as insurance. I hate the bud getting too dry. Probably not necessary but......
Ok. It would be interesting to compare.
Plus I probably have a hundred of them laying about. :rofl:
Me too :laugh:
Nice weight of solid nugs Carmen enjoy your work looks delicious
Thanks Con! :)
Five or six days is about the time it takes for my chopped flower to be dry enough to jar/bag too. :)
It's quick here because Cape Town is usually quite dry unless the weather is inclement. I still have the big jars on their sides and open, and I rotate them a few times a day. I've ordered some hygrometers so that I can get them bag perfect. They are upper 60s now, thereabouts. I'm waiting on the bags too.
Great harvest hanging and great haul bagged!
Thank you Shed! :)

I just had frozen scissor hash for my wake-n-bake and it was lovely. It's a combination of all three harvested plants. Such a treat.

What were those directions again? No rush, like to get there in 6-8 weeks though :)

What were those directions again? No rush, like to get there in 6-8 weeks though :)
Directions to here? All are most welcome! I will be the best tour guide :) Weeeeh, am I high! :passitleft:

I need to make a note about making water soluble cannabis powder. I am decarbing my bud at 115 C for 30 mins in my airfryer oven. This is my first time decarbing in the airfryer oven and I read a bit online before deciding how I'd go about it. I couldn't find anything conclusive about time and temp in the airfryer oven so I went with the lowest. I have read that converting time and temp from normal oven to airfryer oven requires a reduction in both time and temp for the airfryer oven and this was the amount I guessed.

My Soy Lecithin arrived today and I have plenty of corn starch to make a batch asap, but first I must make the oil.

I don't know how to make the oil now that I no longer have a normal oven. I would ordinarily leave the oil to infuse for 8 hour periods. I wonder if I can keep the airfryer oven on low for that long. What's the next best method of infusing oil? @InTheShed, I've been doing your method for the past few years. Can you recommend an alternative?

These are the dials on the airfryer oven.
20240826_151404.jpg

I need to make a note about making water soluble cannabis powder. I am decarbing my bud at 115 C for 30 mins in my airfryer oven. This is my first time decarbing in the airfryer oven and I read a bit online before deciding how I'd go about it. I couldn't find anything conclusive about time and temp in the airfryer oven so I went with the lowest. I have read that converting time and temp from normal oven to airfryer oven requires a reduction in both time and temp for the airfryer oven and this was the amount I guessed.

My Soy Lecithin arrived today and I have plenty of corn starch to make a batch asap, but first I must make the oil.

I don't know how to make the oil now that I no longer have a normal oven. I would ordinarily leave the oil to infuse for 8 hour periods. I wonder if I can keep the airfryer oven on low for that long. What's the next best method of infusing oil? @InTheShed, I've been doing your method for the past few years. Can you recommend an alternative?

These are the dials on the airfryer oven.
20240826_151404.jpg
I decarbed for another 30 minutes because it didn't look done to me. Now it looks overdone so Idk. I guess I'll find out if I can get it to infuse without burning 😅

I believe it is possible to do the infusion on an ordinary stove top. What must I look for? Must it bubble? How is it done please? I don't have a way of checking the temperature of the oil, so I must rely on visual cues. Is anyone able to give me instructions? I don't have a crockpot / magic butter sort of thing.

I have put my cannabis in a jar with the top on and heated it in toaster oven to decarb. :) A air fryer should behave the same. :hmmmm:🤠 I run it at 250F/121C. Won't damage the jar and the smell stays inside the jar instead of in the room and keeps it juicier too. :cheesygrinsmiley: Just don't rapidly cool the jar after. 🙄 Let it set, until cool, then continue on with your process. :bong:

I would also get a oven thermometer to compare to your setting on your oven. :) The setting on the toaster oven I use, didn't come close to my desired temps. :oops: I had to set it at 350F to get 250F. :oops::bong:

Back
Top Bottom