I decarb at 240ºF for 60-90 minutes depending on whether it's in a tin foil pouch or open.
What's the next best method of infusing oil? @InTheShed, I've been doing your method for the past few years. Can you recommend an alternative?
If I make smaller batches than the Magical Butter machine can do, I do it in a jar in the oven. Both are done in the 160-170ºF range with lots of stirring/shaking in the jar. I run 8 hours the first day, let it cool overnight, and run another 8 hours the next. Liquid sunflower lecithin goes in when it's all done, and then it rests in the fridge overnight.
I believe it is possible to do the infusion on an ordinary stove top. What must I look for? Must it bubble? How is it done please? I don't have a way of checking the temperature of the oil, so I must rely on visual cues. Is anyone able to give me instructions? I don't have a crockpot / magic butter sort of thing.
You could go with a pot of water on the stove (with a metal ring for the jar to sit on to keep it off the bottom) if you have a thermometer to gauge the temps like Gidorah mentioned, but you would probably need to occasionally add water at the same temp because of what will cook off over that time period.

Hence why I love the variable temp rice cooker and laser thermometer and decarb concentrate vs decarbing flower.

I have put my cannabis in a jar with the top on and heated it in toaster oven to decarb. :) A air fryer should behave the same. :hmmmm:🤠 I run it at 250F/121C. Won't damage the jar and the smell stays inside the jar instead of in the room and keeps it juicier too. :cheesygrinsmiley: Just don't rapidly cool the jar after. 🙄 Let it set, until cool, then continue on with your process. :bong:

I would also get a oven thermometer to compare to your setting on your oven. :) The setting on the toaster oven I use, didn't come close to my desired temps. :oops: I had to set it at 350F to get 250F. :oops::bong:
Thank you. I don't own these gadgets but someone has suggested a double boiler.
Welcome KingJohnC! Cognac coming right up!
I use a pressure cooker and do not remember how long I cooked it. 🍋
Thanks Keith.
Hi Carmen. I use a crock pot on low that's probably 180f. If I didn't have that and had to use a pot on the stove, I would purchase a thermometer and stick it in the oil and adjust the temp to get where you want to be. There is no visual cue that I'm aware of
Thanks Gid. I've fashioned a double boiler from a pot and a metal bowl.
I decarb at 240ºF for 60-90 minutes depending on whether it's in a tin foil pouch or open.
Thanks Shed. That is in a normal oven right. I am adjusting the decarb temps for the airfryer, which is the tricky bit.
If I make smaller batches than the Magical Butter machine can do, I do it in a jar in the oven. Both are done in the 160-170ºF range with lots of stirring/shaking in the jar. I run 8 hours the first day, let it cool overnight, and run another 8 hours the next. Liquid sunflower lecithin goes in when it's all done, and then it rests in the fridge overnight.
That's the method I used to use in the normal oven.
You could go with a pot of water on the stove (with a metal ring for the jar to sit on to keep it off the bottom) if you have a thermometer to gauge the temps like Gidorah mentioned, but you would probably need to occasionally add water at the same temp because of what will cook off over that time period.
Thank you. I am busy timing a double boiler to see how long the water lasts in there. Then I suppose I just leave it cooking for a couple of 8 hour periods and cool in between, or? Leafly did a video suggesting 6 to 8 hours in a double boiler. I am wondering if extra time would be beneficial. What do you think?
Hence why I love the variable temp rice cooker and laser thermometer and decarb concentrate vs decarbing flower.
I see I can get a laser thermometer on Temu for a couple of hundred bucks but they have to be calibrated? I wonder if it would be any good.

20240826_233311.jpg

Please excuse my messy stove top. I have just cooked on it.

Ouch, mine was under $50 on Amazon and works great but that’s from 11 years ago or so… keep looking - $200 is way too much

I see I can get a laser thermometer on Temu for a couple of hundred bucks but they have to be calibrated? I wonder if it would be any good.
What budnoob said!

Amazon.com

$17 US
Thank you. I am busy timing a double boiler to see how long the water lasts in there. Then I suppose I just leave it cooking for a couple of 8 hour periods and cool in between, or? Leafly did a video suggesting 6 to 8 hours in a double boiler. I am wondering if extra time would be beneficial. What do you think?
I run 8 hours each time for two days, stirring every 30 minutes if I'm around.

Ouch, mine was under $50 on Amazon and works great but that’s from 11 years ago or so… keep looking - $200 is way too much
That's way more expensive for me. You have to multiply by 18 to get the Rand value. Temu is much cheaper than Amazon because the goods are no name brand Chinese knock offs.
What budnoob said! Amazon.com

$17 US
The Temu price is $9.57. In South Africa that means R176! Shipping is free.

Amazon shipping to South Africa nearly doubles the selling price. I'd be paying $11.68 for Amazon global standard shipping, and the total cost to me would be R591.55!

Screenshot (110).png

I run 8 hours each time for two days, stirring every 30 minutes if I'm around.
Ok great. I'll do two days.

lol 200 SA dollars🤣, OK that makes more sense. That's $15 CDN. I treated myself to a good one for $19.99 cuz I'm worth it🤣
Darn exchange rates :)

I know I'm late but congrats on the takedowns of all the pretty plants Carmen! :bravo:

Don't ya just love how new to you strains buzz! The MAC #1 Auto first tester is head bindy and finger tingly good 👍 👌 😋
20240827_152921.jpg

Gotcha!
My friend, I hope all is well in your world. Thank you for joining this conversation :passitleft:
Loving the acronyms lol!!
Haha Sorry Carmen that post was meant for GeeSpot.
No worries Gee. It's all good!
King did you mean "vsop" (cognac)?
Oh right, so I first Googled SVOP and that wasn't related. This is the right way and this is what Hennessy say about VSOP: "Hennessy V.S.O.P was commissioned in 1817 by the future King George IV of England to enthrall guests at a colorful gathering. It’s the very first passionate achievement of Hennessy’s original Master Blender, Jean Fillioux, whose family has continued to perfect it for eight generations over two centuries. With its inviting nose of sweet apricot and its charming palate of voluptuous vanilla and mellow oak, Hennessy V.S.O.P is smooth, charming and all embracing."

Back
Top Bottom