Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

This is a closeup of one tester bud from the Strawberry Gorilla I cut four days ago and dried naturally in front of the fan. I wanted to keep the bud totally intact, which a toaster oven obviously doesn’t do. I’m about to smoke it. It’s totally dry. And it looks like this. Someone said their drought produced longer trichomes. I think mine did too. If you blow up the picture there are quite a few very long stems. I also think this is a denser blanket than I had before a six day no water at all drought. As usual, it’s hard to tell, as it was off the cuff and I didn’t take pre-pics to compare with this post-pic. But goddamn this is a generous blanket of trichs. You can even see where the patches of amber are.

IMG_3372.jpeg
Wow that looks incredible @Jon looks like you have your evening planned enjoy

This is a closeup of one tester bud from the Strawberry Gorilla I cut four days ago and dried naturally in front of the fan. I wanted to keep the bud totally intact, which a toaster oven obviously doesn’t do. I’m about to smoke it. It’s totally dry. And it looks like this. Someone said their drought produced longer trichomes. I think mine did too. If you blow up the picture there are quite a few very long stems. I also think this is a denser blanket than I had before a six day no water at all drought. As usual, it’s hard to tell, as it was off the cuff and I didn’t take pre-pics to compare with this post-pic. But goddamn this is a generous blanket of trichs. You can even see where the patches of amber are.

IMG_3372.jpeg
how do u make this pics Jon with normal phone or some kind of zoom multi tool?

how do u make this pics Jon with normal phone or some kind of zoom multi tool?
@rehabilitatora420 - It’s an iPhone 14 Plus Pro and it has a zoom that starts at zero (real size), and slides left or right. Left makes it smaller than normal, which is awesome to get large canopies in the frame all the way. To the right is zoom bigger and it goes to 15x normal (anything over 7 is pretty useless, it gets too grainy). So I have a wide swath of zoom in and out capability. The trichome pics seem to work best at about 2-3x regular size as this one is. It’s a pretty solid camera for a cell phone.

Double Grape
Strawberry Gorilla

The trichs are so thick and so covered on this Double Grape that it’s hard to even find a focus point when you take pictures. I’m going to begin droughting this plant today. The Strawberry Gorilla is still not ready. I could take her, but I still have about 10% of trichomes that are not yet all the way filled with milk, while the amber seems to be still holding steady. So neither plant really gets watered anymore. Lol. Why did I wait so long to try this? What a dummy. You know why? Cuz of stupid pretty pictures. Screw that. This is about medicine.

Here’s what I mean about the Double Grape. If she responds to the drought as I hope she’s gonna be Snow White. She already looks as shimmery and silvery as a White Widow. Check out how long the trichome stems are on her!

2023-11-23-05-05-36-771.jpeg

2023-11-23-05-16-37-882.jpeg

IMG_3381.jpeg

Are you droughting?
Hey @Absorber - yes. First time. The Strawberry Gorilla got all these colors in the six days of zero water. Yesterday I gave her a rescue drink, and she’s back to drought again til harvest. I just started the drought on the Double Grape today.

I thought you must have been with the wilt
Hey @Absorber - yes. First time. The Strawberry Gorilla got all these colors in the six days of zero water. Yesterday I gave her a rescue drink, and she’s back to drought again til harvest. I just started the drought on the Double Grape today.

I thought you must have been with the wilt
Yeah - she was already clawed from too many nutes (followed Remo by the book start to finish in this one), and the drought made her leaves start curling up crazy. These in the picture I posted are among the best looking of the leaves. Lol. I don’t care a bit. The buds are super ultra frosty. Supposed to be a 29% thc auto, and if the level of frost is any Indication, I may just get close to that.

Yeah - she was already clawed from too many nutes (followed Remo by the book start to finish in this one), and the drought made her leaves start curling up crazy. These in the picture I posted are among the best looking of the leaves. Lol. I don’t care a bit. The buds are super ultra frosty. Supposed to be a 29% thc auto, and if the level of frost is any Indication, I may just get close to that.
Looking forward to seeing the final results, good luck buddy

My Thanksgiving smoke choice for the a.m. jam session is a Platinum Mimosa Cookies indica bud moonrocked with PMC sativa kief. Best of both worlds. PSA - wanna grow an absolutely killer auto you’re guaranteed to love? The Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL auto from Growers Choice has it all. Note - this is not a small plant by any means. Make sure you have enough space. And a filter. Super stinker. Now that this batch has cured a good while it is revealing its true nature. What a strain. Wow. Ultimately terpy, they’re dripping out of the jar. I’m working on a strain review.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Here’s my next five to ten minutes, depending on recovery time. This is the same exact moonrock from different angles and closeup levels, and in different lighting. There’s not a person here this won’t crush. In a good way. Lol!! The first picture shows what it looks like to the eye, and you can see how perfectly golden my kief is. Zero green. The second picture closeup picks up the green of the bud and displays what I consider to be a conservatively coated moonrock. Heh. The more…aggressive ones are golden like the first picture regardless of light.
:rofl:

IMG_3394.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

I've never grown an auto,I wouldn't mind giving it a go
Happy Thanksgiving @Absorber. If you do, there’s only one better I know of - the very best auto there is imho - the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL auto, also Growers Choice. You want a guarantee, those are your two. Both get huge. Both are awesome weed. Both are super easy grows. I’ve grown both multiple times, I don’t make these assertions lightly. Not one person has yet taken me up on either strain as I keep spouting their brilliance. Love to see it. Tag me if you go there!!

Happy Thanksgiving @Absorber. If you do, there’s only one better I know of - the very best auto there is imho - the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL auto, also Growers Choice. You want a guarantee, those are your two. Both get huge. Both are awesome weed. Both are super easy grows. I’ve grown both multiple times, I don’t make these assertions lightly. Not one person has yet taken me up on either strain as I keep spouting their brilliance. Love to see it. Tag me if you go there!!
What breeder was it do you remember? Thanks for the information 💚and happy thanksgiving 😊 not celebrated but thanks for the thought

Back
Top Bottom