Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

I'm all for repping our great sponsored light companies, but you're failing to account for the fact that the plant will always send more auxins (growth hormones) to the top-most flowers and make them bigger. Even outside plants will have smaller buds as they go down the stem, which is why I try to strip of a lot of the lower flowers after stretch.
I do the same thing after learning it from you Shedster. CL🍀. :thanks:

I'm all for repping our great sponsored light companies, but you're failing to account for the fact that the plant will always send more auxins (growth hormones) to the top-most flowers and make them bigger. Even outside plants will have smaller buds as they go down the stem, which is why I try to strip of a lot of the lower flowers after stretch.
Thanks @InTheShed, you’re absolutely right. That is 100% true and I didn’t mention it. But that said, the two things work in concert, no? By your accurate assertion, my buds would look the same proportionally with any amount of light, right? Probably true of a plant trained this way under LED. But the amount of light still has an impact.

Skywalker
Flower Day 37

IMG_3345.jpeg

Strawberry Gorilla

These buds, though mutant looking, are so dense it’s insane. They’re going to be grinder only bud. I can’t wait to grow this again and get the buds right. And obviously they’re still not ready. Taking her sweet time to finish. Surprisingly, the amber is pretty steady at around 5-10%, but only about a third of it is mature amber, the other two thirds is still the light colored, immature amber as I now refer to it. This bud is pretty typical of all of them. Lmao.

IMG_3352.jpeg

@ViparSpectra
XS 1500 Pros

A word on the lights, with which we’re all now pretty familiar. I’ve now run a bunch with these. Autos and photos. Stand alone plants and scrogs. I’ve used them as side lights. Their flexibility remains one of their best attributes.

What I’m seeing with the Skywalker is the extent of the penetration these lights get. In part due to the lensing, and in part the spectrum I guess. And obviously the power. But on this plant I can see how effective they are, and can measure it. My top colas are around 1100 ppfd, with the lights at a mere 50%. And even with that relatively lowish number up top, the buds at the bottom in the interior are still getting a solid 600 ppfd. For those buds that’s awesome. It’s enough to get some legit density and formation from them. This is most definitely an important feature for any light, and especially when you have non-canopied plants.

See Val? Toldja I could come up with a point I hadn’t made before! :rofl:

Bravo ViparSpectra!

Top misting is to keep your mulch damp, it pulls roots up into the mulch. When you add top dressing it's obviously above the root zone so you need to coax them up.

It also serves purpose when you start a seed in a 10 gallon pot. You don't want the whole pot drenched so you water around the seedling to get the tap going down, and mist the rest of the pot surface to slowly dampen but not saturate it.
Starting a seed in a 10 gallon pot is not very advisable and make very little sense in my book? I mean why? Scared of transplanting?

By proper watering frequency you won't need any top misting since the mulch always stays damp? Each to their own but I haven't seen the results that supports "dry backs?" What you end up with is a skeleton of lateral roots since all the finer fibrous roots dies off by to much dry backs between every watering.

Most of the techniques that people support and implement on here's been debunked years ago by doing side by side comparisons on older forums.

Starting a seed in a 10 gallon pot is not very advisable and make very little sense in my book?
Please explain.
I mean why? Scared of transplanting?
Have you tried it?
By proper watering frequency you won't need any top misting since the mulch always stays damp? Each to their own but I haven't seen the results that supports "dry backs?" What you end up with is a skeleton of lateral roots since all the finer fibrous roots dies off by to much dry backs between every watering.
What you end up with is the biggest feather duster of feeder roots you have ever seen.
Most of the techniques that people support and implement on here's been debunked years ago by doing side by side comparisons on older forums.
I guess it all depends what you were comparing for.

Do you grow in living organic soil?

I have no experience growing autos so I think jumping in here will help. You have some nice things going on in here. Love that photo choice. Should be a great scroggin girl. Can't wait to see her full up that 5x5.
Hey @greenmobster440, welcome, nice to see you, and thanks very much. Photo choice? You mean the Skywalker? Yeah, my first experience with the strain. I’m a fan. Really like the structure of the plant, at least this one/pheno. Never seen it nor smoked it. Today I caught a whiff of her for the first time upon opening the tent at their daybreak. Very sweet and fruity. Btw - it’s a 3x3. Sorry. Lol. The autos are in the 5x5.

All the rest, all autos, are doing pretty well. The Strawberry Gorilla is a day or two out and then we will see everyone better.

Thanks for stopping in. Have at it. My journals are free for alls, mostly. Feel free to post your plants. Enjoy!

Double Grape Auto

Now I can see her starting to bulk up. Patience. Lol.

IMG_3361.jpeg

IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3359.jpeg
looking good jon, i tried mine last night through a vape and yes could taste grape but will be much better after curing & was stronger than i thought it would be

looking good jon, i tried mine last night through a vape and yes could taste grape but will be much better after curing & was stronger than i thought it would be
Yep. That’s exactly my assessment too. It’s gonna be really grape-y and strong!

@con, How close are you on the DG do you think? If it’s true you got an indica pheno and I got a sativa one, it would make sense that you may finish ahead of me even though I started first.

@con, How close are you on the DG do you think? If it’s true you got an indica pheno and I got a sativa one, it would make sense that you may finish ahead of me even though I started first.
i could chop now but waiting to see if i can get some amber on the buds, i really don't think i got a indica pheno the leaves are narrow like a sativa give me a minute & will post a pic & compare

i could chop now but waiting to see if i can get some amber on the buds, i really don't think i got a indica pheno the leaves are narrow like a sativa give me a minute & will post a pic & compare
Oh yeah, duh, me and my aging memory, we covered that. Lol. Cool let’s see! Btw - see if you can get some amber? That’s simply a matter of patience. The milky white will always go amber on every plant, you know that yes? It’s not just some of them. Sometimes it just takes longer than the patience threshold. Lmao!

Back
Top Bottom