I'm hoping I can keep her out there for another week or two.
It's not to be.
I just went out to give her a second feeding and found 3 more rotten nugs.
Forecast says probably clear, but cloudy tomorrow, and clear and sunny Saturday, so I'll get started on her fan leaves this evening, and make sure to be done harvest by Saturday evening.

It's not to be.
I just went out to give her a second feeding and found 3 more rotten nugs.
Forecast says probably clear, but cloudy tomorrow, and clear and sunny Saturday, so I'll get started on her fan leaves this evening, and make sure to be done harvest by Saturday evening.
Hey Mel! :high-five: Those colas look loaded with trichs. I bet she’s gonna have a great high.:thumb:
:hug::love::hug:

Hey Mel! :high-five: Those colas look loaded with trichs. I bet she’s gonna have a great high.:thumb:
:hug::love::hug:
Thanks Granny420!
:welcome:
Fingers crossed you get some harvest off the godzilla glue. I was rooting for that one!
Thanks Stark!
She’s got a bunch of bud, I just have to check it all carefully.
There are lots of tiny spots that were hiding under fan leaves.
What was your favorite @Melville Hobbes
Favourite plant?
That would have been Cherry Bomb before she got mosaic virus.
After that, I really liked the structure of Godzilla Glue #4.
Ideally she would've been flipped a lot earlier though. I wasn't expecting her to get that big quite so fast.
If I could've done a light dep, that would've been ideal.

Thanks Granny420!
:welcome:

Thanks Stark!
She’s got a bunch of bud, I just have to check it all carefully.
There are lots of tiny spots that were hiding under fan leaves.

Favourite plant?
That would have been Cherry Bomb before she got mosaic virus.
After that, I really liked the structure of Godzilla Glue #4.
Ideally she would've been flipped a lot earlier though. I wasn't expecting her to get that big quite so fast.
If I could've done a light dep, that would've been ideal.
Can't throw a tarp over her for 48 hours?

Can't throw a tarp over her for 48 hours?
No. I'd need a frame.
At this point it wouldn't do anything except trap moisture in there.
Are you referring to that "48 hours of dark before harvest" thing?
I don't do that. It takes longer than that for trichs to form, and a lot longer for them to mature.

No. I'd need a frame.
At this point it wouldn't do anything except trap moisture in there.
Are you referring to that "48 hours of dark before harvest" thing?
I don't do that. It takes longer than that for trichs to form, and a lot longer for them to mature.
Yeah I figured it was just a light stress technique I also heard of people doing 48 hours of light right before harvest to produce more trichomes id like to know if that actually works and how much they can take before flipping to veg.

Yeah I figured it was just a light stress technique I also heard of people doing 48 hours of light right before harvest to produce more trichomes id like to know if that actually works and how much they can take before flipping to veg.
I don't really see any way for that to work. Like I said, it takes a lot longer for trichs to form, and they wouldn't be mature enough to have any cannabinoids or terps.
It would probably just stress them as they try to reveg.

Can you imagine a scenario where a plant can produce and ripen entirely new trichomes in 48 hours of darkness?
Or a scenario where trichromes are produced and ripened in any lighting condition in only 48 hours.

I do know though that with vegetables like Brussels sprouts that they are “better” after a good hard frost or two as they plant sends all of the sugars to the fruit. I wonder if there is any merit to that when it comes to weed?

Or a scenario where trichromes are produced and ripened in any lighting condition in only 48 hours.

I do know though that with vegetables like Brussels sprouts that they are “better” after a good hard frost or two as they plant sends all of the sugars to the fruit. I wonder if there is any merit to that when it comes to weed?
I doubt it would work, but if you want to try I would be interested in seeing the results.
I know a bunch of growers have had plants survive light frosts, but I don't remember hearing anything odd about the buds.

Trimmers stopped opening, so I'm taking a break while they soak in olive oil.
Couple progress pics.

Last night, after spending a while trimming fan leaves I had my usual edible, and somehow got really high. Like panic attack high.
Right now I feel like I've had a vape.
This is the first time I've felt anything like this during harvest.

I have had plants go thru a light frost and it did not help the bud. It did not kill it but as I said it did not help it I chopped after that. 🍋
Yeah. That's what I thought.
There are enough Northern outdoor growers now that I think someone would have noticed a difference in buds that had been through a frost if there was one.

Trimmers stopped opening, so I'm taking a break while they soak in olive oil.
Couple progress pics.

Last night, after spending a while trimming fan leaves I had my usual edible, and somehow got really high. Like panic attack high.
Right now I feel like I've had a vape.
This is the first time I've felt anything like this during harvest.

Yeah. That's what I thought.
There are enough Northern outdoor growers now that I think someone would have noticed a difference in buds that had been through a frost if there was one.
First year in the greenhouse I was clearing snow to get to it.
Not sure if they actually froze but it was zero for sure.
Other than buds that already had rot I didn’t have any issues with the remaining buds.
A little frost didn’t damage anything major.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom