I thought the same thing when I saw your pic.

You could try tieing opposite branches to each other, that way the plant would tend to move as one unit rather than individual branches flailing all over the place.

Easier than building a scaffold for the short time you have remaining.
Nah. It'll take maybe 10-15 minutes. Drill some holes in scrap wood, and strap some bamboo into x supports with wire.
I'll just have to weight the scrap wood to keep it steady.

@Grand Daddy Black I meant to insert this screenshot
Screenshot_20240922-101437.png

Nah. It'll take maybe 10-15 minutes. Drill some holes in scrap wood, and strap some bamboo into x supports with wire.
I'll just have to weight the scrap wood to keep it steady.

@Grand Daddy Black I meant to insert this screenshot
Screenshot_20240922-101437.png
I see. Hardly any winds at all and no high winds. Must have been just the weight, as you said. Your remark about going overboard with the training was interesting. I hadn't thought of that, but her shape did add to her vulnerability.

I see. Hardly any winds at all and no high winds. Must have been just the weight, as you said. Your remark about going overboard with the training was interesting. I hadn't thought of that, but her shape did add to her vulnerability.
Those 90° bends keeping the branches horizontal will always be a weak spot. Usually the dowels limit the vulnerability, but I never got started with those this year. The mutations in the early growth of the Glue girls made me hesitate, and then the branches were already set.
Live and learn.

Girls got their second canola oil spray today.
Survivor is starting to get little clusters of stigmas, so she must have been trying to shift to flower for a while.
It's been bright and hot today, so I am done.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Survivor

Anytime!

Thanks for stopping by!
Wow that Gorilla Glue plant is a beauty, well done! I think the Survivor may have to move indoors to finish. Im curious, if that is what you do, to see how you manage to get it to harvest.

Wow that Gorilla Glue plant is a beauty, well done! I think the Survivor may have to move indoors to finish. Im curious, if that is what you do, to see how you manage to get it to harvest.
Thanks Crusher!
I have a plan for Survivor, she's moving indoors as soon as the daytime highs hit 20°C. There'll be one long night, and a drop in light intensity for her, but overall I think it'll work out.
The tent I plan to use is 200cm tall (6'6"ish for you imperialists :)), so I don't anticipate any space issues.

Back
Top Bottom