Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

i could chop now but waiting to see if i can get some amber on the buds, i really don't think i got a indica pheno the leaves are narrow like a sativa give me a minute & will post a pic & compare
@Jon first & 2nd pic is the DG & 3rd is my GC which i know is indica not quite the best measuring i did

20231121_175450.jpg

20231121_175459.jpg

20231121_175516.jpg

@Jon first & 2nd pic is the DG & 3rd is my GC which i know is indica not quite the best measuring i did

20231121_175450.jpg

20231121_175459.jpg

20231121_175516.jpg
Yeah no I know you’re correct, I forgot we discussed that briefly before. (I have STML too). Btw - you sure you need to be seeking amber and want to take the DG now-ish? I took the liberty of adding an arrow. See all those white hairs all over the place on that bud? My friend, you’re miles from amber and weeks from harvest. Imho. Might wanna see what others say, but I’m pretty certain…..

IMG_3364.jpeg

Yeah no I know you’re correct, I forgot we discussed that briefly before. (I have STML too). Btw - you sure you need to be seeking amber and want to take the DG now-ish? I took the liberty of adding an arrow. See all those white hairs all over the place on that bud? My friend, you’re miles from amber and weeks from harvest. Imho. Might wanna see what others say, but I’m pretty certain…..

IMG_3364.jpeg
yeah that pic is a odd ball bud that just shot up about a week before the drought still has white pistils but every other bud is good to go & have amber on the sugar leaves & not much on the bud, like i said it just shot up out of no where heres a more mature bud shot as of now the red pistils need to get a bit tighter but all trichomes are cloudy & on a mephisto sight not many get very much amber, the white pistils where gone for a while now but except on that freak bud that just came from no where more better pics of the DG on page 12 of my journal, just used that bud for a referance shot all my other leaves kinda not to great looking after the drought

20231121_181040.jpg

20231121_181120.jpg

20231121_202915.jpg

yeah that pic is a odd ball bud that just shot up about a week before the drought still has white pistils but every other bud is good to go & have amber on the sugar leaves & not much on the bud, like i said it just shot up out of no where heres a more mature bud shot as of now the red pistils need to get a bit tighter but all trichomes are cloudy & on a mephisto sight not many get very much amber, the white pistils where gone for a while now but except on that freak bud that just came from no where more better pics of the DG on page 12 of my journal, just used that bud for a referance shot all my other leaves kinda not to great looking after the drought

20231121_181040.jpg

20231121_181120.jpg

20231121_202915.jpg
Morning @con - well isn’t that interesting. There actually really does seem to be a big difference between that one bud and the rest. How odd. Haven’t seen that before, but if these pictures tell the story, you’re probably right. I wonder where the hell that bud came from, and why it’s so behind the others? Hope someone has a theory. I would still argue you have more time left than you think, even with the finished looking buds - you have basically no amber and enough trichomes that are 1/2 or 3/4 filled up that if it were me, I’d be thinking like a week maybe? Again, hopefully others may comment, but hey, you know what you want from your buds - please don’t think I’m trying to tell you what to do, not at all. I’ve just learned that if you wait and be patient you’re almost always happier with the end result. Might have been @CaptainLucky, can’t remember, but someone said to me, “I’ve never been disappointed in a plant when I waited longer, and have often been disappointed when I don’t.” Or something to that effect. Then I thought of my past harvests. He was right. I was harvesting too early. So as of last grow I began to wait until I had a true 10-15% of true, mature, darker amber….and it is the best weed I’ve ever grown. Just sayin. Patience is a virtue. Lmao!!!

Morning @con - well isn’t that interesting. There actually really does seem to be a big difference between that one bud and the rest. How odd. Haven’t seen that before, but if these pictures tell the story, you’re probably right. I wonder where the hell that bud came from, and why it’s so behind the others? Hope someone has a theory. I would still argue you have more time left than you think, even with the finished looking buds - you have basically no amber and enough trichomes that are 1/2 or 3/4 filled up that if it were me, I’d be thinking like a week maybe? Again, hopefully others may comment, but hey, you know what you want from your buds - please don’t think I’m trying to tell you what to do, not at all. I’ve just learned that if you wait and be patient you’re almost always happier with the end result. Might have been @CaptainLucky, can’t remember, but someone said to me, “I’ve never been disappointed in a plant when I waited longer, and have often been disappointed when I don’t.” Or something to that effect. Then I thought of my past harvests. He was right. I was harvesting too early. So as of last grow I began to wait until I had a true 10-15% of true, mature, darker amber….and it is the best weed I’ve ever grown. Just sayin. Patience is a virtue. Lmao!!!
It would make a funny picture if when you harvested you took everything except that one rogue bud and let that bud finish a bit longer.

And jeez, you droughted this plant some, all the other buds and leaves show it, yet this bud is green and perky. How weird.

Speaking of droughting, this morning I gave the Strawberry Gorilla a rescue gallon. I thought five or six days and she’d be ready, but she isn’t yet. Still has a couple days to go, maybe three. Had to give her a little something, she was begging for her life and it was killing me.

Edit: funny and awesome thing - I smoked a naturally dried tester bud of the SG this morning. Not only is it among the most crystalline bud I’ve ever produced, when I smoked it, the calyxes were popping like fireworks, and I even got a spark! Ever get a spark from a bong hit? @Emilya Green taught me this many moons ago - try some of your most frosty and largest calyxed buds in a bong hit and smoke it in the dark. You might get sparks!

I like to keep them alive when droughting Jon. :laugh: :thumb:
I know you do @StoneOtter! I got the rescue drink idea off you!!! Lol! It’s the first time I did a legit one at the end (6 days is legit, no?) and I’m pretty certain it’s made a visible difference.

yeah @Jon weird assed bud it just popped up & started filling out & decided to be the tallest bud, yes i know the DG & FC x SN are not quite done i just said i could chop now but i'm not as our previous conversation-
yeah @Jon like it just decided to shoot up from no where & decided it wanted to be the tallest bud, as per our previous conversation (a few days ago) i said
i'm going to let them go another 4-10 days to see if i can get more amber they're all cloudy but sugar leaves have amber & not much on the buds, i'm taking my time with everything this grow i probably could chop today but i'm not
and i also said "on a Mephisto Site (where they just grow JUST Mephisto strains) a lot of them do not get much for amber", from what they say' are they right ? or just eager ? who knows, my plants are not coming down right away, like i said i'm taking my time this grow, & i don't know why it decided to quote your last post

It would make a funny picture if when you harvested you took everything except that one rogue bud and let that bud finish a bit longer.
i was thinking that also, i've seen folks here do it with photoperiods

yeah @Jon weird assed bud it just popped up & started filling out & decided to be the tallest bud, yes i know the DG & FC x SN are not quite done i just said i could chop now but i'm not as our previous conversation-

yeah @Jon like it just decided to shoot up from no where & decided it wanted to be the tallest bud, as per our previous conversation (a few days ago) i said

and i also said "on a Mephisto Site (where they just grow JUST Mephisto strains) a lot of them do not get much for amber", from what they say' are they right ? or just eager ? who knows, my plants are not coming down right away, like i said i'm taking my time this grow, & i don't know why it decided to quote your last post
No worries, yes, I remember, I haven’t seen that bit about amber on the Mephisto site. I’m a bit dubious. Lol. Everything turns amber eventually. Whatever. You got it. Just asking.

No worries, yes, I remember, I haven’t seen that bit about amber on the Mephisto site. I’m a bit dubious. Lol. Everything turns amber eventually. Whatever. You got it. Just asking.
reddit r/MephHeads is where i seen it a few times

This is my pet squirrel Molly.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Just kidding @rehabilitatora420, it’s my dog Molly, a 12 pound Malshi who is pretty sure she weighs 80 pounds and can F with anyone. Her tail reminds me of a mutant squirrel tail.

This is a closeup of one tester bud from the Strawberry Gorilla I cut four days ago and dried naturally in front of the fan. I wanted to keep the bud totally intact, which a toaster oven obviously doesn’t do. I’m about to smoke it. It’s totally dry. And it looks like this. Someone said their drought produced longer trichomes. I think mine did too. If you blow up the picture there are quite a few very long stems. I also think this is a denser blanket than I had before a six day no water at all drought. As usual, it’s hard to tell, as it was off the cuff and I didn’t take pre-pics to compare with this post-pic. But goddamn this is a generous blanket of trichs. You can even see where the patches of amber are.

IMG_3372.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom