Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Double Grape

This plant is vexing me. Color me vexed. I can’t understand what she has against bulking up? The plant is totally healthy, has plenty of leaves, and hasn’t had one issue the whole grow. Then I see a few others growing the same strain and they have buds like I would expect. Very odd. Vexing.
IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3250.jpeg
Sometimes a phenotype is jist like that for no good reason at all. It looks yummy❤️

i bet its just a bit slower cause of the # of bud sights & will hit another gear soon, have you looked at the trichomes to see where they're at as in terms of it being done, snip the tips ?
I haven’t yet. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in the least upset about this. The plant is healthy. Whatever I get will be great. No worries. Just a very intriguing mystery. My latest thought is, maybe I got a sativa pheno, thus longer flower time, also buds more like mine, and maybe you just can’t readily see it’s a sativa pheno cuz I have it so tricked out?

Cherry Pie

The buds on this plant are just….thick. It’s the polar opposite of the Double Grape. I’m wondering how much of that reality is due to effective vs ineffective deflarfication.

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3260.jpeg

Cherry Pie

The buds on this plant are just….thick. It’s the polar opposite of the Double Grape. I’m wondering how much of that reality is due to effective vs ineffective deflarfication.

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3260.jpeg
Looking good got a ways to go she's going to be super chunky

Morning @InTheShed - on Remo btb - talk about strain specific nutes. Remember that other than the Blackberry Moonrocks, we are still doing Remo btb on the other three. You’ve seen the Strawberry Gorilla. Of the four, she got the worst of it, with severe clawing and burning on every leaf edge. The BM is off the schedule as noted. But here’s are some leaf shots from the Double Grape and Cherry Pie.

First, the DG - this is the worst of it. I can easily live with this, I practically do this myself on purpose, lol. It’s nothing.

Then the Cherry Pie. Nothing. Almost like it was Prescription Blend. Just a bit of tip curve and a tiny bit of end curl.

I think I’ve run the gamut of the potential btb effects in this grow, with the SG at the bad end of the spectrum and the CP at the good end.

Fwiw!

IMG_3261.jpeg

IMG_3262.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg

Is it just me or are the pistels/stigma super long? “As long as” Shed’s eyelashes as he said recently 😂

Having not seen a picture of him I can’t comment on how long that might be though!
They’re long and real curl-around-y. Indica buds all the way. Fat and chunky.

Calmag Tip

One thing I have found about Calmag is that there is a wide variety of N-P-K values depending on what you get. Then there’s Calmag or Calmag plus Iron. When I first started growing, Calmag was quite mysterious to me. I had no clue what it was or how to use it. After a couple months, Yoda saw a photo I sent and hipped me to the gig. But it can be quite confusing if you’re not used to using it.

Calmag can be magic. If used properly it is the ultimate fix all, or as close as we can get. It is something you are well served to have on hand at all times, regardless of your grow style. And growing under LED makes it even more essential - imo, for some reason, plants go through those elements faster under LED than they do outside.

The main hint is to have more than one type. I have two: my daily (coco) or “go to when necessary” (soil) Calmag is Humboldt’s Secret CalMag plus Iron. It is 2-0-0, very light, but with enough iron and trace elements that it makes a difference. Then I also use the Blue Planet Calmag Pro Formula. This is a white powder and is no joke. It’s 8-0-0 with 15% calcium! I use this for emergencies. Sometimes a calmag deficiency can sneak up on you quickly. In cases like that, or with plants that are Nitrogen hogs, I use the Blue Planet as required. It’s real easy to overdo, be careful, lol.

By having two you have two levels of fix and you’re covered in all Calmag scenarios.

Thanks for stopping by and entertaining my musings.

Strawberry Gorilla

My foxtailed beauties…we have more than a day left. A couple more at least. These buds are so dense they’re in that “almost annoyingly dense when finished” category. Ever had weed like that? When you basically have to use the grinder every time just to smoke it? This is like that. Am I complaining? Au contraire. I love it.

IMG_3266.jpeg

We just have the one, its 4-0-0 and Plus for the iron. An Advanced Nutrients white label called Exotic Energy. In coco they get every day of the lives from the day they go in peat briefly to the day they stop getting fed. But stress this in coco (apart from a few days in actual potting soil)

We go as high as 3.0ml/L if they’re really eating. Like you say it can be magic.

We just have the one, its 4-0-0 and Plus for the iron. An Advanced Nutrients white label called Exotic Energy. In coco they get every day of the lives from the day they go in peat briefly to the day they stop getting fed. But stress this in coco (apart from a few days in actual potting soil)

We go as high as 3.0ml/L if they’re really eating. Like you say it can be magic.
If you’re only gonna have one, 4-0-0 is a great compromise.

You need a source of calcium in your soil for sure. Its one the absolute most important elements. I put calcium heavy volcanic rocks in my two organic grow experiments. In theory the myco in with them will help break them down. The surviving one is showing signs of Cal Mag deficiency. I have 180L of just water and cal mag downstairs and I’m soooo tempted to top water with some. Smallest SIP (by plant size) ever! Gonna try and get her and her 10g over the line pure organic though.

Nick

i've never used it, should i be ? i'm just in soil
Hi @con. All I suggest is to have it in case you need it. Some get away with not using it depending on how they grow I suppose. I’m not gonna tell anyone they should use it if they are getting great results as is.

You need a source of calcium in your soil for sure. Its one the absolute most important elements. I put calcium heavy volcanic rocks in my two organic grow experiments. In theory the myco in with them will help break them down. The surviving one is showing signs of Cal Mag deficiency. I have 180L of just water and cal mag downstairs and I’m soooo tempted to top water with some. Smallest SIP (by plant size) ever! Gonna try and get her and her 10g over the line pure organic though.

Nick
According to @Gee64, we are compromised by the very nature of how we grow. Even a maniac purist like him will use it when required.

If you’re only gonna have one, 4-0-0 is a great compromise.
More by luck than judgement like most of my growing! I didn’t have a scooby what I was looking for, just knew from my Farmer mate (as Yoda is to you) I needed it. Some mad mental Scottish guy works on Oil Rigs had a side biz growing chilli plants and selling them seedlings and seeds. He got in to the growing supplies early doors so easy to order from him. It was the cheaper the two, about $50 for 20L which lasts a long time.

He is mad mental - likes his drink. I’ve never even met the guy but I’ve seen a picture of him tied up on a hotel room bed by a hooker and seen him “park” his car in a 10 ft deep trench having missed the road work signs 😂 Then next day he has no memory of sending the pictures to me 🤣

He’s a funny fucker!

Neighbors don’t seem to object to the 1/2 gallon girls rainy day spot. Lol. Also grass cutting day spot. Love this shelf/ledge. It is the back wall for an outdoor grill setup. Makes a perfect spot for small plants outside on rainy days.

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom