GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Thanks. Good to know.

When you make your carts do you mix in any flavored terpenes? That's my plan.

LMAO! We used to call those "land yachts." :laughtwo:

Congrats on the new toy! @BakedARea used flavoured terpenes in his vape carts.

Congrats on the new toy! @BakedARea used flavoured terpenes in his vape carts.
Thanks for letting me know that @BakeARea dabbles in carts too!

I'm sure that once I bombard him with questions, he will want to thank you too! :laughtwo:

When you make your carts do you mix in any flavored terpines? That's my plan.
No, my goal was to go naked being unsure of additive safety. Some really don't need terps added, some will if that's your thing. This Dos-si-do is perfectly tasty pure.
"land yachts.
Lead sleds too! Dinosaurs weren't dead for long when they came out!
@StoneOtter,

Please tell me what you think of this product? Seems like it could be a real time-saver. It's designed to be used with a heat press.

decarb capsule.jpg

Here's the product description:

NS's answer to easy and fast decarboxylation! Meant to be used with all of the NS line of Machines. We simply add our solventless concentrates to the Silicone jar and enclose the flower in the Decarboxylation Capsule, then add to your machine according to the times below. Decarboxylation Capsule is made to seal under pressure in your NS press and needs to cool down completely prior to opening the capsule. When releasing the plates the capsule should not expand and should be easy to remove from the plates otherwise more time is needed to ensure the pressure build-up has safely released. Mini 250 degrees 20 minutes on 5 minutes off cool down then remove OG 250 degrees 17 minutes on 12 minutes off cool down then remove carefully XP and Touch 250 degrees 15 minutes on 10 minutes off / cool down then remove carefully Includes the mini silicone jar this food-grade silicone non-stick container sits in the center of this solid CNC milled 6061 Aluminum chamber. The Silicone Jar Measures 1.25″ in diameter .750″ tall each Decarboxylation Capsule comes with two Silicone Jar black and one white. The Decarboxylation Capsule Measures 1.5″ x 1″ tall.
I didn't get it at first. So you set it in the press. Set time and temp and away it goes. I can't see why not unless you have a countertop oven that gives you the 250F. Then all you need is the inner chambers for almost free.

I'm not sure I fully understand it. Is that a series of bakes or examples of bakes?

@StoneOtter,

Please tell me what you think of this product? Seems like it could be a real time-saver. It's designed to be used with a heat press.

decarb capsule.jpg

Here's the product description:

NS's answer to easy and fast decarboxylation! Meant to be used with all of the NS line of Machines. We simply add our solventless concentrates to the Silicone jar and enclose the flower in the Decarboxylation Capsule, then add to your machine according to the times below. Decarboxylation Capsule is made to seal under pressure in your NS press and needs to cool down completely prior to opening the capsule. When releasing the plates the capsule should not expand and should be easy to remove from the plates otherwise more time is needed to ensure the pressure build-up has safely released. Mini 250 degrees 20 minutes on 5 minutes off cool down then remove OG 250 degrees 17 minutes on 12 minutes off cool down then remove carefully XP and Touch 250 degrees 15 minutes on 10 minutes off / cool down then remove carefully Includes the mini silicone jar this food-grade silicone non-stick container sits in the center of this solid CNC milled 6061 Aluminum chamber. The Silicone Jar Measures 1.25″ in diameter .750″ tall each Decarboxylation Capsule comes with two Silicone Jar black and one white. The Decarboxylation Capsule Measures 1.5″ x 1″ tall.
I have the mini one of these. It works. As long as you can heat the rosin to ~150F or there abouts it will work. You can do it on a hot plate, a toaster oven, regular oven (waste of electricity IMO), or something like this. They all work well.

Congratulations!

No, my goal was to go naked being unsure of additive safety. Some really don't need terps added, some will if that's your thing. This Dos-si-do is perfectly tasty pure.
I was under the impression that the terpines (or whatever other additive one uses) helped to achieve the viscosity required so that your pen won't clog and to make the pull less harsh.

But I've just scratched the surface as far as my research on this topic goes, so I'm not too sure about most things yet.

It's a bit unsettling. Now I'm asking myself why I didn't do my research before I bought the press. :)
I didn't get it at first. So you set it in the press. Set time and temp and away it goes. I can't see why not unless you have a countertop oven that gives you the 250F. Then all you need is the inner chambers for almost free.
That makes a lot of sense, Stone. :thanks:

I have the mini one of these. It works. As long as you can heat the rosin to ~150F or there abouts it will work. You can do it on a hot plate, a toaster oven, regular oven (waste of electricity IMO), or something like this. They all work well.

Congratulations!
Thanks Grandpa!:thanks:

Does it work as quickly as their 20 minute claim if you don't put it between the heat press plates?

And have you ever used it between the plates?

That is on my short list of things to buy GDB. Congrats and I'm looking forward to watching you learn. Hopefully I'm only a few months behind you :)
Thanks Budman!

I hope I don't turn out to be a slow learner. But it's likely that by the time you get started I'll have documented plenty of stuff not to do. So I'll be a good resource for you! :)

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 34 for the Bubblegum Machine, and I've got some solo pics.

I've learned the hard way that a few of these plants will need major support. I can see the signs now whereas I've been slow to see them before. I'm going to look for a way to support them other than jamming a bunch of bamboo stakes into the pots. That makes them hard to water and doesn't usually work that well for me either.

Kera Bubblegum: She seems to have stopped yellowing. I think the Recharge helped, but of course I can't be sure.
Kera BG 6-3-22 F34.jpg

RQ Bubblegum XXL: Starting the lean. She'll get worse without intervention.
RQ XXL 6-3-22 F34.jpg

RQ Bubblegum twin: Tall branches starting to sag outward. She'll get worse without intervention.
Kera BG twin 6-3-22 F34.jpg

Grape Ape clone: Beginning to lean. Ditto.
GA cl 6-3-22 F34.jpg

Black Cherry Pie: She's so squat she might try to stand erect on her own (but I doubt it)!
Blk Cherry 6-3-22 F34.jpg

Tent:
Bgum tent 6-3-22 F34.jpg

As always, thanks for your time!

Peace.

They look great! And yo-yo's work if you don't need to take them out once you tie them up.
71nkkrzcvsl-_sx522_-jpg.2242957
I've considered them Shed. But the Nextlight Mega takes up so much room I don't see how I could get them hung.

Any idea?

Can you attach them to the light?
Shouldn't hurt anything, since you won't be moving them much once you get the yoyos rigged up...

I'd go with bamboo personally. Maybe one tall piece in the middle strapped to the trunk and then tie the branches to it like a maypole?
That would work, but it set off my Lazy Meter. :)
Can you attach them to the light?
I don't see a way to do that Carcass.

These plants aren't that tall (tallest 2 are both 24 inches above the soil). I'm considering one of these two types, or maybe both so it can be a one-time purchase. What do you guys think?

plant supports II.jpg
plant supports.jpg

They're plastic-coated metal and come in a variety of heights. On the second set, the bottom stakes are about 9-10 inches apart, so they would go well in the 5 gallon pots.

I was under the impression that the terpines (or whatever other additive one uses) helped to achieve the viscosity required so that your pen won't clog and to make the pull less harsh.
You may be right. I'm a little paranoid and have been trying to keep our rosin, rosin only for the same reason.
t's a bit unsettling. Now I'm asking myself why I didn't do my research before I bought the press. :)
I know, that's the way it was for me too until I started hitting it:roorrip:

Thanks Grandpa!:thanks:

Does it work as quickly as their 20 minute claim if you don't put it between the heat press plates?

And have you ever used it between the plates?
I need to clarify…the 150F temperature I was referring to was for decarbing the rosin. I’m stoned most of the time so there is that… :cheesygrinsmiley: However, to answer your question…more than 20 minutes if you want to use it for carts. However, I’ve always used it between the plates just to decarb a small amount for edibles. For carts, that will work too, but you’ll have to add terps or dilutant…or whatever that stuff is called. Unless you let it heat for 24 hours or more. It hurts my throat with terps added, but some people like it. It works for me in a pinch if I’m traveling though.

I'm sure that once I bombard him with questions, he will want to thank you too! :laughtwo:

Lead sleds too! Dinosaurs weren't dead for long when they came out!

I believe Baked used flavoured terpenes because we have a terpene sponsor: @PeakSupplyCo that he wanted to try.

That would work, but it set off my Lazy Meter. :)

I don't see a way to do that Carcass.

These plants aren't that tall (tallest 2 are both 24 inches above the soil). I'm considering one of these two types, or maybe both so it can be a one-time purchase. What do you guys think?

plant supports II.jpg
plant supports.jpg

They're plastic-coated metal and come in a variety of heights. On the second set, the bottom stakes are about 9-10 inches apart, so they would go well in the 5 gallon pots.

I've been on a long journey trying to find a good solution to sagging plants. I've tried these but found that they weren't tall enough or strong enough for my needs. @Emilya bought and uses build your own cages in her garden and I liked her idea enough that I bought something similar but I haven't gotten a chance to use mine yet.

What do you guys think?
Seems like the ones in the first pic might do the job, if they're long enough and strong enough.
I used to tie my outdoor plants up the way Shed suggested, with a central "post", but I'd mount an "x" at the top of the post so I had 4 "arms" to tie the branches to.
It's a little bit of work to get them set up, but it does solve the saggy branch problem pretty well, and you can still move the plants if need be..

Haaa haaa. Ask away man. Glad to help where I can. Especially with my mistakes.
You are correct. And there are different grades to liquid terps and viscosity boosters. I have been thrilled with my @PeakSupplyCo products. I ended up stocking up on various flavors. Specifically though, their viscosity booster is excellent at preserving the natural terp profile of the rosin you use. If you mess up your dry or cure (like I keep doing), then adding a drop of a flavored terp profile can really make it an enjoyable experience.
But I've just scratched the surface as far as my research on this topic goes, so I'm not too sure about most things yet.

It's a bit unsettling. Now I'm asking myself why I didn't do my research before I bought the press. :)

That makes a lot of sense, Stone. :thanks:
There is so much room for trial and error. I'm sure your flower is much better than mine. You could probably pull off amazing rosin presses right out of the gate. The biggest thing I learned is get excellent parchment paper. Don't waste time with shitty paper. PLEASE accept that'll wisdom and don't try the crap from Walmart of from your kitchen.

I'm going to look for a way to support them other than jamming a bunch of bamboo stakes into the pots. That makes them hard to water and doesn't usually work that well for me either.
That thing is wall to wall... :sorry: !

I'd go with bamboo personally. Maybe one tall piece in the middle strapped to the trunk and then tie the branches to it like a maypole?
ITS beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. I have a couple plants supported by a main stake and then I use wire, similar to what @Carcass does with his carhooks and support the branches to the main stake if needed. Makes it much easier to water. I also do not like having a bunch of bamboo in my pots.
You may be right. I'm a little paranoid and have been trying to keep our rosin, rosin only for the same reason.
I was too Otter. Until I learned how the good ones are actually made. The distillation process makes for very clean substances. That helped me feel better about not having to try and recreate the commercial grade carts. I still have not made enough to feel like I know what I'm talking about. But I do feel safe using the additives I have tried so far. I have seen some other products on the Zon that I would steer clear from. Also, just so you all know that MANY of the commercial grade carts are made with THC distillate and then large amount of terps are added. Hence the harsh rips and sometimes unnatural flavor experience.
It hurts my throat with terps added, but some people like it.
I believe lower quality carts with poor additives are too harsh. Or when too much of viscosity booster or terps are added. I made that mistake on a couple carts. I lowered the temp on my pen and took smaller rips. That helped to reduce the harsh hits a lot. The few carts I made that were "just right" had no bad aftertaste or harsh hits.

I'll do my best to clear my rosin press and cart making space to get back at it so I can share more of my cart recipes. Feel free to ask away GDB if you want. If you don't...that's cool too. Take care.

I'm sure your flower is much better than mine.
That's doubtful. :)
You could probably pull off amazing rosin presses right out of the gate.
That's doubtful too. :)
The biggest thing I learned is get excellent parchment paper. Don't waste time with shitty paper. PLEASE accept that'll wisdom and don't try the crap from Walmart of from your kitchen.
Too late. Mine is from Costco. :laughtwo:
I'll do my best to clear my rosin press and cart making space to get back at it so I can share more of my cart recipes. Feel free to ask away GDB if you want. If you don't...that's cool too. Take care.
I'm sure at some point I "will want." Thanks for the offer, and you take care too, Baked! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom