GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Hello grow folks.

It's Flip + 35 for the Bubblegum Machine.

After giving the group their plain water feed tonight (last night, really) I spent some time trying to address the leaning/sagging issues I see coming.

I wanted to find a way to support them without putting a bunch of bamboo stakes into the soil and had considered buying some plant support gadgets I had seen online. But I came up with a solution that wouldn't require me to spend money.

I found some bungee cords I had around that were the perfect length to put the squeeze on the 5 gallons pots. So I put them on the Kera Bgum and RQ Bgum XXL and then jammed the bamboo stakes between the pots and the cords and tied some branches to the stakes.

RQ Bgum:
RQ XXL 6-5-22 bungeed.jpg

Kera Bgum:
Kera Bgum 6-5-22 bungeed.jpg

I'm not done yet, but at least I mustered the energy to get started. There are a few more lean/sag issues that need to be addressed.

The tent pic:
BG tent 6-5-22  F35.jpg

Since the (then yellowing) Kera responded so well to the Recharge, I decided to give all the rest a dose of Recharge tonight. I did half and half plain water and Recharge and each plant took about a gallon.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hey! If it works it works man! Nice ingenuity and I'm glad you mustered up some energy. That's tough to find on many days it seems. Keep at it. I like the concept.

It made me think that possibly the big binder clips could work too. Have the bamboo go through the finger pulls. It would draw the fabric pot out but maybe it would be more secure? The only thing I can think might happen is the bamboo slip from grip of the bungee one way or the other. Probably not because they look damn snug. Anyway, just throwing out another idea that I may implement to test out in the future.

Great idea, GDB!

Hey! If it works it works man! Nice ingenuity and I'm glad you mustered up some energy. That's tough to find on many days it seems. Keep at it. I like the concept.

It made me think that possibly the big binder clips could work too. Have the bamboo go through the finger pulls. It would draw the fabric pot out but maybe it would be more secure? The only thing I can think might happen is the bamboo slip from grip of the bungee one way or the other. Probably not because they look damn snug. Anyway, just throwing out another idea that I may implement to test out in the future.
Thanks Baked!

I like the binder clip idea!

Hello grow folks.

It's Flip + 35 for the Bubblegum Machine.

After giving the group their plain water feed tonight (last night, really) I spent some time trying to address the leaning/sagging issues I see coming.

I wanted to find a way to support them without putting a bunch of bamboo stakes into the soil and had considered buying some plant support gadgets I had seen online. But I came up with a solution that wouldn't require me to spend money.

I found some bungee cords I had around that were the perfect length to put the squeeze on the 5 gallons pots. So I put them on the Kera Bgum and RQ Bgum XXL and then jammed the bamboo stakes between the pots and the cords and tied some branches to the stakes.

RQ Bgum:
RQ XXL 6-5-22 bungeed.jpg

Kera Bgum:
Kera Bgum 6-5-22 bungeed.jpg

I'm not done yet, but at least I mustered the energy to get started. There are a few more lean/sag issues that need to be addressed.

The tent pic:
BG tent 6-5-22  F35.jpg

Since the (then yellowing) Kera responded so well to the Recharge, I decided to give all the rest a dose of Recharge tonight. I did half and half plain water and Recharge and each plant took about a gallon.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Hey GDP :ciao:
How do you like the Recharge?
Apparently the ladies love it. :drool::adore:
Hope everything is going well my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey GDP :ciao:
How do you like the Recharge?
Apparently the ladies love it. :drool::adore:
Hope everything is going well my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Thanks, Bill. I hope all is well with you too!

My plants seem to love Recharge, or at least they don't dislike it. I've been using it for a few years now and have never had any negative results from it that I'm aware of.

Nice work GDB...appears that you had an energy boost there to dig that stuff out and tie them up! I'm obviously lazier to with one bamboo pole in the middle with no bungees. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Plants look stellar!
Thanks Shed.

Your suggestion was a great one and would have worked for my purpose. But it set the Lazy-Meter to red, and I must respect the Lazy-Meter as it has been calibrated to me! :laughtwo:

Well, I've got 3 requirements for "great ideas"

1.- It doesn't cost anything.
2. It's easy to do.
3. It probably works.

Your bungee/ bamboo arrangement meets all the requirements! :high-five:

Well, I've got 3 requirements for "great ideas"

1.- It doesn't cost anything.
2. It's easy to do.
3. It probably works.

Your bungee/ bamboo arrangement meets all the requirements! :high-five:
Good list!

#3 makes achieving 1 and 2 a little easier! :rofl:

Yeah, gives us a little "wiggle room" :)

Hello all.

It's Flip + 41 for the Bubblegum Machine, and I've got more solo pics.

I had to take the girls out again last night/early this morning in order to place some more bamboo stakes and for close inspections, so I took the opportunity to get some solo shots.

They all got plain water + SNS 209 last night and were ready to pose. Their next feed will be 5g of MC, except for the Grape Ape clone which is on @Prescription Blend.

Royal Queen Bubblegum XXL: She's what the twin could have been.
RQ bgum 6-10-22 F41.jpg

RQ Bgum twin: stunted growth but still a cutie.
RQ twin 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Grape Ape clone: Her mom was big but I think she'll be bigger! She's really seems to like the @Prescription Blend nutes.
G Ape clone 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Kera Bubblegum: She was always close to the same height as the GA Clone, but since no weights were placed on her to hold her down she has surpassed the clone and is now the tallest in the tent.
Kera Bgum 6-10-22 F41.JPG

Black Cherry Pie: still my personal fav. She's squat but looks like she's going to stack up nicely.
Blk Cherry 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Tent:
Bgum  tent 6-10-22 F41.jpg

I look forward to a bubblelicious finish for these girls! :Rasta:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello all.

It's Flip + 41 for the Bubblegum Machine, and I've got more solo pics.

I had to take the girls out again last night/early this morning in order to place some more bamboo stakes and for close inspections, so I took the opportunity to get some solo shots.

They all got plain water + SNS 209 last night and were ready to pose. Their next feed will be 5g of MC, except for the Grape Ape clone which is on @Prescription Blend.

Royal Queen Bubblegum XXL: She's what the twin could have been.
RQ bgum 6-10-22 F41.jpg

RQ Bgum twin: stunted growth but still a cutie.
RQ twin 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Grape Ape clone: Her mom was big but I think she'll be bigger! She's really seems to like the @Prescription Blend nutes.
G Ape clone 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Kera Bubblegum: She was always close to the same height as the GA Clone, but since no weights were placed on her to hold her down she has surpassed the clone and is now the tallest in the tent.
Kera Bgum 6-10-22 F41.JPG

Black Cherry Pie: still my personal fav. She's squat but looks like she's going to stack up nicely.
Blk Cherry 6-10-22 F41.jpg

Tent:
Bgum  tent 6-10-22 F41.jpg

I look forward to a bubblelicious finish for these girls! :Rasta:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
I could use a big hunk of Bazooka Joe to chew while I ogle that Black Cherry and Grape Ape! What a trio of flavors!

Back
Top Bottom