Ganesha's Evolution

Nearing start of week 5..
I am going to have to turn down the light a bit next week as day and night time temps are going up..
We've been actually pretty lucky Summer has been mild, warm days but nice cool off at night as well, whilst most of the world seems to be caught in the heat.
Hope it's not going to be too long as it's these three weeks they need to get that power.
Plant keeps getting bigger and the pistil size does have me hopeful for the bud development she's going to turn out better than the last one.
10 oz seems in reach as that would be a gram per watt, and there is way more bud than meets the eye.

IMG_1722111285201.JPEG

Nearing start of week 5..
I am going to have to turn down the light a bit next week as day and night time temps are going up..
We've been actually pretty lucky Summer has been mild, warm days but nice cool off at night as well, whilst most of the world seems to be caught in the heat.
Hope it's not going to be too long as it's these three weeks they need to get that power.
Plant keeps getting bigger and the pistil size does have me hopeful for the bud development she's going to turn out better than the last one.
10 oz seems in reach as that would be a gram per watt, and there is way more bud than meets the eye.

IMG_1722111285201.JPEG

Amazing ! Great picture, those colas will be monster in size and smell soon

Jeej awoken by a thunderstorm, had to scurry to get all the windows closed, sounds like there's some hail in there as well, but hail is ice & ice is cool I approve.
I was able to catch the plant before lights out though which is rare these days. As these are the cool hours where you get to sleep.
I just gave water yesterday.. actually I've been alternating feed and water as well I gather this brown molasses type of feed doesn't act like other nutes, it needs to break down first.
I hope nothing breaks as well the weight is starting to show in how the plant moves & wobbles, it's all balancing on the main branch

IMG_1722481299962.JPEG

I didn't notice this at first, but the Polaroid background to this picture is a nice touch. (no offense if your actually using a Polaroid, that would be very cool.)

Ive thought about taking pictures with my old film cameras as well, you've got me thinking !
It's oldroll an app that gives you several old picture and film camera styles to the phone.
Using polaroids would be expensive to journal the plants as it's almost a 100 bucks for 40 pics
Don't have any analogue cameras anymore, got a Digital Bolex which was a kickstarter project that acquired the name and made a movie camera with a Kodak CCD without the image processing so it gives a bit of old analogue look and motion. And got a an old Zeiss Tevidon lens on it.

Takes cool pics also

JenaBuds.jpg

It's oldroll an app that gives you several old picture and film camera styles to the phone.
Using polaroids would be expensive to journal the plants as it's almost a 100 bucks for 40 pics
Don't have any analogue cameras anymore, got a Digital Bolex which was a kickstarter project that acquired the name and made a movie camera with a Kodak CCD without the image processing so it gives a bit of old analogue look and motion. And got a an old Zeiss Tevidon lens on it.

Takes cool pics also

JenaBuds.jpg
Your pictures look great ! The video from that camera is amazing, Ive never seen anything like it. It adds a very interesting effect.

Photography and growing really go well together, I've dabbled in it quite a bit and have found the more I learn, the more I realize I need to learn. Photography takes skill, not a fancy camera. I have a little skill but am far from a pro.

The camera you mention with the Zeiss lens sounds like a very interesting setup. You should be able to get some very interesting shots using that.. really cool.

Going analog might be interesting, but dam its expensive to buy film and to develop these days.. Then you need to get the pictures digitized which kind of defeats the purpose, but hey it might be fun to enter a contest using film...not that anyone would care.

Ive got a 50 year old 55mm manual focus Nikon Macro lens that takes great close ups... Example below. (can use with digital or analog) The macros are great to check trichomes as well, sure beats a loupe !

Nikon D610 Nikon 55mm manual focus macro. Two flashes.

Nirvana NL bud.jpg

Your pictures look great ! The video from that camera is amazing, Ive never seen anything like it. It adds a very interesting effect.

Photography and growing really go well together, I've dabbled in it quite a bit and have found the more I learn, the more I realize I need to learn. Photography takes skill, not a fancy camera. I have a little skill but am far from a pro.

The camera you mention with the Zeiss lens sounds like a very interesting setup. You should be able to get some very interesting shots using that.. really cool.

Going analog might be interesting, but dam its expensive to buy film and to develop these days.. Then you need to get the pictures digitized which kind of defeats the purpose, but hey it might be fun to enter a contest using film...not that anyone would care.

Ive got a 50 year old 55mm manual focus Nikon Macro lens that takes great close ups... Example below. (can use with digital or analog) The macros are great to check trichomes as well, sure beats a loupe !

Nikon D610 Nikon 55mm manual focus macro. Two flashes.

Nirvana NL bud.jpg
Nice one, trichoMmmes
Oh yeah, fully agree it's always the observation of the person, idea, creativity & know how or technique over gear.
But gear can be fricking cool though no matter at what end of the price, a cheap Diane camera with a plastic lens or a polaroid can take super cool pictures and like a super high resolution camera that captures every minute detail of the scene can be amazing to work with as well.

Yeah going the analogue route is going to cost.. 10-20 per roll and 20 per development and print at least here.. but that's only 12 pictures on a roll.. and then they probably went through an Agfa minilab or something.

We're living in the age of simulacrum & facsimile now 😆
IMG_1722721595899.JPEG

Euhm Juli 22 was start of week 4 for me it's already Sunday so tomorrow will be start of week 6.
So it's all going to happen in the next few weeks, usually Channel+ is pretty fast.
There is not enough light in the plant though, I've stuck my nose in again and there's many smaller slender buds and lots of young fresh green buds even. The outside and tops will be nice soon though.

In week 7 now,
She's starting to fall more open as weight is accumulating.
That's good then some light can enter the plant.
Yesterday she was dried out though and all leaves hanging straight down as it was over 35°c during the day and I wasn't home for several hours of light going on, but feeding straight away had her up again in hours.

Now I'm getting anxious for the final result.. as she keeps packing.

IMG_1723573701340.JPEG

In week 7 now,
She's starting to fall more open as weight is accumulating.
That's good then some light can enter the plant.
Yesterday she was dried out though and all leaves hanging straight down as it was over 35°c during the day and I wasn't home for several hours of light going on, but feeding straight away had her up again in hours.

Now I'm getting anxious for the final result.. as she keeps packing.

IMG_1723573701340.JPEG
Getting chunky!!! Hell yeah!! How's she smelling?? 😎

Jeej awoken by a thunderstorm, had to scurry to get all the windows closed, sounds like there's some hail in there as well, but hail is ice & ice is cool I approve.
I was able to catch the plant before lights out though which is rare these days. As these are the cool hours where you get to sleep.
I just gave water yesterday.. actually I've been alternating feed and water as well I gather this brown molasses type of feed doesn't act like other nutes, it needs to break down first.
I hope nothing breaks as well the weight is starting to show in how the plant moves & wobbles, it's all balancing on the main branch

IMG_1722481299962.JPEG
I been using molasses all year and my ladies are loving it week 1 of flower for me.

Yeah the smell is getting there, it's got that dank skunk smell pretty intense and its hard to contain in the tent as when the exhaust stops running it oozes out of the tent. And opening the flap fills the house for an hour, Even just touching fan leaves brings the stink, and trichomes aren't that developed yet.
I been using molasses all year and my ladies are loving it week 1 of flower for me.
I'm using biocanna so it's not really molasses but the colour and viscosity of it is like molasses and it needs to break down before it's food so it's only meant to be given like 1-3 time a week.

She's got a lot of skunk in the lineage and I'd definitely class her with the smelly plants.
Growing skunks outside the whole neighbourhood knows as anybody downwind will catch some whiffs..
I can only recommend the strain, Medical Seeds Channel+ but I don't think many US banks carry them.
for me it tastes of the 90's & 00's just classic green funk.. dank but not so dank that it gets that gasoline vibe like diesels, there's a lot of sweetness but it's not a candy shop as she's not very fruity it's a green sweet, there's also a hash element in it and she makes amazing hashies super fresh and flowery tasting hashies, not muted.
Very happy grower and doesn't mind scrogging or topping at all.. I mean I first twisted this and cut half her branches off before ending up here.

She's got a lot of skunk in the lineage and I'd definitely class her with the smelly plants.
Growing skunks outside the whole neighbourhood knows as anybody downwind will catch some whiffs..
I can only recommend the strain, Medical Seeds Channel+ but I don't think many US banks carry them.
for me it tastes of the 90's & 00's just classic green funk.. dank but not so dank that it gets that gasoline vibe like diesels, there's a lot of sweetness but it's not a candy shop as she's not very fruity it's a green sweet, there's also a hash element in it and she makes amazing hashies super fresh and flowery tasting hashies, not muted.
Very happy grower and doesn't mind scrogging or topping at all.. I mean I first twisted this and cut half her branches off before ending up here.

Dammit ! Everyone gets to grow stinky plants except me, I'll have to scratch this strain off my list. Thanks for the warning!

I'm glad I can follow along I'm on week 3 of 10 and don't really know what to expect 😅 it's way different when your growing verses watching someone grow.

Dammit ! Everyone gets to grow stinky plants except me, I'll have to scratch this strain off my list. Thanks for the warning!
What a shame as skunks are quite fun.
The Ace Malawi I grew before was very much the opposite hardly any smell during grow and a light herby smell during flowering.
But the effect for me was sheit.. that stuff sobers up you up and keeps you active all night long.. didn't know you could grow amphetamines.

Ohoh, the whole plant is starting to lean, I opened up the flap and everything was pointing towards the exit..
But it's still too early..
IMG_1724517157571.JPEG

The leaning tower of Cola-- Nice ! Looking amazing, you must be getting close?

Thanks for the tip on Ace Malawi, I've seen this strain recommended as low odor as well. I'm not complaining too much though, I love Northern Lights and the high. I might try Northern Lights #10 next or a mix of NL x ?

The leaning tower of Cola-- Nice ! Looking amazing, you must be getting close?

Thanks for the tip on Ace Malawi, I've seen this strain recommended as low odor as well. I'm not complaining too much though, I love Northern Lights and the high. I might try Northern Lights #10 next or a mix of NL x ?
Yeah the leaning is actually not that great as she went fully horizontal the next days and I think I screwed up by giving a veg feed last week as I noticed the caps on my bottles had both colours, those canna bottles have two caps one for the bottle and one for the little measuring compartment. And normally the red caps are flower stuff and the brown caps veg. So I think went for the wrong one.. and either the N was too much for her or made her grow a bit through which she lost all strength and structure to keep the buds up.. Sigh...
I put some strings through to pull her back up a bit and I pulled out the T.A. Final Part to hasten a finish.
And now pistils have started turning brown and leaves are fading.
Soon!

The side/below light came in handy when she went horizontal as she was leaning into the light so the buds still got plenty of light.

IMG_1724958354380.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom