Sipping Super Sativa Seed Club Strawberry Cookies In Sanlight

I see and no they were from a tobacco store near me that started selling auto flower seeds. The specific brand or whatever is called *Hey you guys*. This is also the 2nd plant I've grown from that batch and the first was a male even though supposedly the seeds are 90% females. I grew the 1st one outside starting in August and it looked nothing like this. Here's a pic of what I'm worrying about. I keep reading different information and sources and it's all short circuiting my brain lol.

IMG_20241018_225406348_HDR~2.jpg
Those balls on sticks are male structures. If you don't have a female in flower you can watch it develop and learn how it looks as it grows out, but if you have a female plant I wouldn't wait too long.

Those balls on sticks are male structures. If you don't have a female in flower you can watch it develop and learn how it looks as it grows out, but if you have a female plant I wouldn't wait too long.
Yeahh.. Check this out this was my first grow outside a few months ago. Same type of seed from *Hey you guys*. Why's it look so different? The only thing that's different is the one in the pic I attached to this was using direct sunlight and the one I'm working on now is under a LED grow light.

IMG_20240916_184313884_AE.jpg

Yeahh.. Check this out this was my first grow outside a few months ago. Same type of seed from *Hey you guys*. Why's it look so different? The only thing that's different is the one in the pic I attached to this was using direct sunlight and the one I'm working on now is under a LED grow light.

IMG_20240916_184313884_AE.jpg
This pic is a male in full flower, while the other one is preflowering.

This pic is a male in full flower, while the other one is preflowering.
Right but look at these two comparison. Is it the lighting that makes them grow so differently that's the only change in grow. My current plant is big and thick with broad leaves and the other one is much different. It never got to this level of fullness I wanna say?
I hate how pictures upload... I'm sure you can tell which is which though. Both were around the same age in the pics.
IMG_20241016_143524018_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240831_131215025_AE.jpg

IMG_20241012_124447175_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240910_145356508 (1).jpg

Ahh, okay.
I misunderstood your question. There's a lot of variation in autos, even from expert breeders.
You'll see two from the same pack grown side by side and one is tiny and grows a joint worth of bud, and the other grows into a really nice plant.
They're getting better, but it's still a bit of a crapshoot.
Environmental differences can definitely play a part though.

Ahh, okay.
I misunderstood your question. There's a lot of variation in autos, even from expert breeders.
You'll see two from the same pack grown side by side and one is tiny and grows a joint worth of bud, and the other grows into a really nice plant.
They're getting better, but it's still a bit of a crapshoot.
Environmental differences can definitely play a part though.
They said auto flowers were easy 😭 lol

Lol, yeah.
They seem to think not having to change light schedules to flower makes it easier to grow them.
Yeah I recently found out about them and when I read up and started growing them I thought it was weird how they grow and flower regardless of external stimuli but convenient because I wanted something simple for the first time. That worked out real well but yeah I didn't even know that it was possible to change the genetics of a plant like that. So what should I do with it? I'd hate to kill it. But now I got 2 useless male plants because I didn't wanna kill the other one either.

Yeah I recently found out about them and when I read up and started growing them I thought it was weird how they grow and flower regardless of external stimuli but convenient because I wanted something simple for the first time. That worked out real well but yeah I didn't even know that it was possible to change the genetics of a plant like that. So what should I do with it? I'd hate to kill it. But now I got 2 useless male plants because I didn't wanna kill the other one either.
If maybe a hermie you could grow her out.
But well getting your hands on some better auto seeds seems to be first thing you need to do as this is understandably frustrating, but you got the last plant to grow better so that's valid experience.

Unless you're looking to start a breeding project males are pretty much useless except for experience growing like Fenderbender mentioned. I've used them to practice training like LST, but nothing else so far.
I'd cull them both, and start another while looking at different seeds.

The stems looked super white when the light hit them, are the non glandular trichomes more abundant or more pronounced with myco? She's quite fuzzy right outta the gate.
IMG_4352.jpg

And hey @Azimuth I'm kinda wondering with myco wouldn't it be the idea to have the plants together in a big pot? and have some companion herbs as nitrofixers and some terpene boosters on the topsoil and then myco it all together into one big strong organism?

And hey @Azimuth I'm kinda wondering with myco wouldn't it be the idea to have the plants together in a big pot? and have some companion herbs as nitrofixers and some terpene boosters on the topsoil and then myco it all together into one big strong organism?
You bet. Most growers don't have the space for that large an ecosystem.

My understanding is the myco helps the plant absorbed nutrients thru its roots and it's mycelium that forms the underground network between plants. Two different fungi I think.

You bet. Most growers don't have the space for that large an ecosystem.

My understanding is the myco helps the plant absorbed nutrients thru its roots and it's mycelium that forms the underground network between plants. Two different fungi I think.
I know I asked before with the companion plants, but it's just now I'm thinking yeah yeah it's a mycelium but that's in the myco stuff too no? trichoderma that produces mycelium. And that indeed builds a network between plants that transfers nutrients and signals but using it solo it kinda can't perform a part of it's capabilities.. and I was thinking you also want another cannabis plant as a companion in the same soil so instead of two sips with companion plants in, connect them together.

Oh they will rival each other! some might say ..I don't think so, I've DWC'd plants happily together, but if so who says that's a bad thing? Maybe one will go oooh I can sense another bitch in here, I'm gonna grow the stickiest resin around she'll catch nothing! 😆

Well it would be a mini tent version, but a large rectangle that fits the tent, a plant on each side, the small clover stuff around and under the plants, and in between a few larger companions.. and just let it sort itself out.
In the big tent it could be a quite large system.
That's definitely something I want to try to get more greenery involved and see what it does with the plants and if it influences the final product and well just for fun.

I know I asked before with the companion plants, but it's just now I'm thinking yeah yeah it's a mycelium but that's in the myco stuff too no? trichoderma that produces mycelium. And that indeed builds a network between plants that transfers nutrients and signals but using it solo it kinda can't perform a part of it's capabilities.. and I was thinking you also want another cannabis plant as a companion in the same soil so instead of two sips with companion plants in, connect them together.

Oh they will rival each other! some might say ..I don't think so, I've DWC'd plants happily together, but if so who says that's a bad thing? Maybe one will go oooh I can sense another bitch in here, I'm gonna grow the stickiest resin around she'll catch nothing! 😆

Well it would be a mini tent version, but a large rectangle that fits the tent, a plant on each side, the small clover stuff around and under the plants, and in between a few larger companions.. and just let it sort itself out.
In the big tent it could be a quite large system.
That's definitely something I want to try to get more greenery involved and see what it does with the plants and if it influences the final product and well just for fun.
Check out Build-a-Soil's website as they have rectangular fabric containers made for exactly that purpose in tents and they also have cover crops, etc.

Check out Build-a-Soil's website as they have rectangular fabric containers made for exactly that purpose in tents and they also have cover crops, etc.
That Autopot Tray2Grow? that would be one for the big tent it's almost 4' won't fit in a meter.
But cool! Yeah kinda perfect for the big one.
My Elho SIP guys also have a long pot with watering insert I see it's as wide as my light and even 2 inch wider and deeper than my current SIPS that would be great for this tent. aaah more Sips? surely not.

End of day 16 the reservoir is out, I'm gonna fill the Strawberry Cookies when lights come back on, as I did top up earlier not to full but to half and the Cookies didn't mind but the Sugar Bomb Punch did not like that as she went a bit droopy, so I'm gonna give her a bit of a breather and then start up with small amounts again she probably had a smaller root system than the cookies

IMG_1729496647737.JPEG

Strawberry Cookies
IMG_4366.jpg

Oddly Sugar Bomb is a tad wider than Cookies
IMG_4367.jpg

So I was kinda thinking clearing lower branches and keep moving the top up and clearing below and mature the plant a bit that way until the main starts zigging & zagging and then supercrop the main below that point, let her recover and the sides shoot up and then pull them into flower?

Back
Top Bottom