Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

For my indoor CBD plants, I took some pictures a couple of days ago. They're a little bit embarrassing, but we learn from our mistakes (hopefully).

Harlequin CBD
This one's been runty from the very first day. I almost threw it out. The leaves are tiny and the buds are tiny - even the top buds.

If that wasn't bad enough, it got infested with spider mites. I've spray it 3 different times now, and will probably give it another in a few days. The spread has slowed down considerably, but it looks pretty ugly right now.

Charlotte's Web CBD
This one was also off to a slow start and never really got into any kind of growth groove.
Its buds are a little larger than Harleqin, but not much larger. Also, Harlequin spread its mites over to this one. Sharing is caring?

I'll be lucky if I get a couple ounces from both plants combined. Since two ounces won't be enough to last me until next year's outdoor grow, I decided to soak a couple of seeds that I got from the Candida fairy. :circle-of-love:
After just 20 hrs, both seeds cracked open:
I was't ready to plant them yet, so I transferred them to a damp paper towel for overnight. Now I'm ready, and so were they:
Hopefully I'll see sproutage in a day or two.

You should probably pyrethrin bomb the inside space (with the plants outside) to kill any stray mites so they don't eat the new babies. ☠️
Thanks, that's an excellent idea. I almost never have any bug issues on my outdoor plants (except caterpillars), but always have issues with the indoor plants.

Well, I got tired of looking at those two pitiful CBD plants, and I needed the grow space and lighting schedule to be changed, so I harvested both plants on 8/14.

Harlequin
The spider mites were relentless on this plant. I sprayed it a few times, but only managed to slow their progress. I decided to harvest before they started munching on the buds.
Even though the buds never got larger than "popcorn" size, they were frosty and sticky, and smelled really nice. Here's some closeups of the trichomes. Definitely a little early, but not too far off.
Not surprisingly, the yield was not very large.
It's now in a jar curing -- final weight was 39g, which was actually a little better than expected. I've smoked some of it already -- in my Arizer Solo II vape. Since it's supposed to be entirely CBD, I did not get high, but it did indeed help with my headaches. :thumb:

Charlotte's Web
This one wasn't hit quite as hard with the spider mites, but was still pretty bad. The buds were a little larger than Harlequin, but not as frosty or as dense.
This one wasn't quite as close to harvest as Harlequin was. It probably could have used a couple more weeks, but as I said earlier, I needed the space under my lights for the two Candida seedlings, and I needed to adjust the lights from 12/12 to 18/6. Here's some trichome shots.
This one is also in a jar curing. Its final yield was 45g

Candida CBD Plants
Candida #2 is doing fine, but #1 is looking a little sickly. I noticed the yellowing started after I gave it a spray of insecticidal soap. I found a couple spider mites on the lower leaves. I don't really know if that was the cause, or maybe it was "under feeding". I was pretty much only giving them water up to now.
Anyway, I transplanted them into 3 gallon fiber pots and started feeding them 2.5g of MC.
Hopefully, it will rebound soon. The new growth seems to look ok.

Update on the outdoor Obama Runtz next time. :peace:

Hi folks, sorry about my absence of late. I've had some headaches and eye issues that have made journaling a bit difficult (both reading and writing). But enough about me, here's an update on my outdoor Obama Runtz plant!
It's well into flower now and so far no issues. 🤞 It has now been above ground for 154 days and has been flowering for about 50 days.
I began weekly spraying of BT a couple of weeks ago and so far no sign of caterpillars. :yahoo:
It's starting to get some nice aromas and frost is building.

Here's a quick update on my indoor Candidas.
There's obviously a big difference between the two. They both sprouted above ground on the same day, but #2 is doing much better.
Except.... it's now on day 49 above ground and looking sexually mature. However, I have yet to find any female parts (sigmas). I'm beginning to worry that this is going to be a male.
Candida #1 almost got tossed a couple of weeks ago because it looked like this:
However, just when I was about to give up on it, I saw new growth. Now it looks like this:
Since the other one is likely a male, I'm holding out hope that this will be female, but still too early to tell, even though it's the same age as the other one.

That's it for me, for now. Take care. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom