Ganesha's Evolution

For me they have done it each time after watering, and now they will go from praying to drooping over the course of a couple of days, if I water again they are up.
It's just the fast growing stage after food?
I see it all time, not just near feeding so I’m thinking it probably has to do with water intake.

For indoor if I’m just vegging in advance of taking outdoors and not doing scrog which is my preference for indoor that is going to be flowered inside; I have another silly trick I do to keep branches lower from lights if needed. I go to the tackle box and grab an assortment of weights and lures I don’t use that often, do a gentle bend and attach the weights and lure like I would on fishing line and attach high enough to keep the bend stable. It requires daily maintenance and gently bending and adding weight periodically but works like a charm for me.

For the long term jars I add the 62% humidipaks you might find on Amazon - but only after at least 6-8 weeks of curing minimum.
I’ve actually started buying Grove Bags

Amazon Link

I think they are a game changer when it comes to curing.

I'm still wondering what is the praying mechanism, some say it's reaching for light, others say it's avoiding light.
I think it's water pressure as it happens the day after watering.
I’d say reaching.

Plants need light. That sun smiles on them and their hands go up in praise like a Scientologist mid sermon.

Too much light will do it as it's a stress avoidance mechanism.
You mean artificial light aye? Not natural sunlight.

Coz I’ve defs encountered depressed plants under faux light, but never under natural sunlight.

Thats when it comes to weed. I mean a shade plant is always going to droop and burn under direct midday sunlight. I have a sun hotter than the devils kitchen here, and for me the sun doesn’t cause droop. Being too dry and thirsty does. But the sun doesn’t.

Coz I’ve defs encountered depressed plants under faux light, but never under natural sunlight.
Honestly at least for me even under artificial I see same behavior without negative impact that I’ve been able to perceive. Could be I’m just lucky though :)

For indoor if I’m just vegging in advance of taking outdoors and not doing scrog which is my preference for indoor that is going to be flowered inside; I have another silly trick I do to keep branches lower from lights if needed. I go to the tackle box and grab an assortment of weights and lures I don’t use that often, do a gentle bend and attach the weights and lure like I would on fishing line and attach high enough to keep the bend stable. It requires daily maintenance and gently bending and adding weight periodically but works like a charm for me.
That’s exactly how I used to train.

I’ve now changed to using a big hook. I think it works much better. It keeps my canopy level. I can show you if you like.

Honestly at least for me even under artificial I see same behavior without negative impact that I’ve been able to perceive. Could be I’m just lucky though :)
That’s coz you have your light dialed in.

I have. When I first joined here, I forgot weed is just a plant lol. I forgot I know how to grow plants. I overcomplicated growing to the point I was weighing pots before watering and considering buying a pH pen lol.

My tent light was too bright in my tent while my plants were vegging. Without the breeze of the wind and the changing temperatures as the sun transitions from morning to noon, slowly taking the plant to increased brightness, my plants wilted. I turned the light down and they instantly perked up.

That’s coz you have your light dialed in.

I have. When I first joined here, I forgot weed is just a plant lol. I forgot I know how to grow plants. I overcomplicated growing to the point I was weighing pots before watering and considering buying a pH pen lol.

My tent light was too bright in my tent while my plants were vegging. Without the breeze of the wind and the changing temperatures as the sun transitions from morning to noon, slowly taking the plant to increased brightness, my plants wilted. I turned the light down and they instantly perked up.
Same here my friend, exactly the same here :)

And I don’t think anyone is immune to that, I’d been playing in the garden and learning from my grandfather since 1979, fast forward to around 2009 when I first started 420 experimentation and suddenly I’m buying every gadget I can find and testing every new method I can find etc. don’t get me wrong, indoor, hydro etc are very different beasts and I learned a lot through experimenting so definitely no regrets, but I find it funny how even after all those years I managed to disregard a great deal of what I’d learned to that point.

That’s exactly how I used to train.

I’ve now changed to using a big hook. I think it works much better. It keeps my canopy level. I can show you if you like.
Hell yeah, show away!

Wouldn’t there be more of a curl to them for light stress? Those pics look perfectly normal to me, or is my eyesight failing me? Granted attachment is outdoor but it just stopped raining here and she’s already reaching…
Different rules apply indoor from outdoor. I get more curl issues from heat than from light.

For me they have done it each time after watering, and now they will go from praying to drooping over the course of a couple of days, if I water again they are up.
It's just the fast growing stage after food?
If they're wilting before watering you're probably letting them get just a little bit too dry. Figure out the droop point and then water a little sooner next time. And now that you're in flower you should be giving it as much water as it will take, and definitely before any droop.

Until you get to the droughting stage near week 7, that is. ;)

I go to the tackle box and grab an assortment of weights and lures I don’t use that often, do a gentle bend and attach the weights and lure like I would on fishing line and attach high enough to keep the bend stable. It requires daily maintenance and gently bending and adding weight periodically but works like a charm for me.
I do the same. Another advantage is the slight swaying of the branches in the wind with a weight attached helps strengthen them leading to fewer issues with splitting later on. When you tie or hold them down without much give, the limbs will start fighting against the restraints which can lead to stem splitting later on.

I started using the weights after reading @Hafta 's thread Here.

Yeah, the sun is undefeated in growing proper plants, but we try to emulate it as best we can indoors.

The issue could just be excessive turgor pressure from watering but to me they upper leaves look like they're too vertical (a sign of possible light avoidance), and certainly compared to the next level down.

It would be easy enough to test by either turning the light down or raising it, but once in flower I'm not a huge fan of monkeying around very much.

I'd definitely test it by turning down the light to learn something for the next grow, but other than increasing the watering schedule I'm not sure I'd change much else.

I do the same. Another advantage is the slight swaying of the branches in the wind with a weight attached helps strengthen them leading to fewer issues with splitting later on. When you tie or hold them down without much give, the limbs will start fighting against the restraints which can lead to stem splitting later on.

I started using the weights after reading @Hafta 's thread Here.
The weights can be used a further distance from the trunk than tie-downs and can be used well into flowering as seen below.

Weight training in flower.JPG

If they're wilting before watering you're probably letting them get just a little bit too dry. Figure out the droop point and then water a little sooner next time. And now that you're in flower you should be giving it as much water as it will take, and definitely before any droop.

Until you get to the droughting stage near week 7, that is. ;)
Yeah I've been trying but.. but like now I feel the bottom half of the plant is already starting but the top is still up, but the pot is still heavy and makes my fingers wet.
I water till run off which is currently at 5 litres.

No this is just smart pot grow.
Ok, because the symptoms you describe sound to me like the lower roots are compromised and therefore not functioning properly. The plant is only getting fed from the upper roots and once the top few inches dry out you get wilting even though the lower soil is still wet.

You're already in flower so no time to try to fix it. I'd probably try just keeping the upper couple of inches moist with a heavy mist but try not to add to the water down below to try to keep root rot away, at least until the lowers can dry out.

Ok, because the symptoms you describe sound to me like the lower roots are compromised and therefore not functioning properly. The plant is only getting fed from the upper roots and once the top few inches dry out you get wilting even though the lower soil is still wet.

You're already in flower so no time to try to fix it. I'd probably try just keeping the upper couple of inches moist with a heavy mist but try not to add to the water down below to try to keep root rot away, at least until the lowers can dry out.
Well I certainly hope not.. what would be the root compromise? This plant isn't showing any spotted or yellow leaf anywhere. (which also makes me think the side/under lighting is working as otherwise some of the bottom would be dying off by now)
I'm also not sure the bottom of the pot is wet I think that's where most of the roots are and that gets drained the quickest, it's my finger and knuckle that gets wet, getting a little measure, knuckle to finger tip is 4 1/2 inches.
I'll check when the lights come on what we're dealing with droopwise.

Can you post some more pics? Because to me your colour looks good and your growth looks good. I’m not sure if you are in a hot and dry climate. If you are just remember plants feel the heat just like us.

I completely disagree with Azi. I can see nothing that suggests a weak root system. I grow with a less is more attitude. I water like I’m waterboarding her, and I only use Mega Crop as a nute, which I totes guesstimate lol. It seems to me the more I see growers overcomplicate their grows, the worse their plants look. So my advice don’t overthink it. She is a weed who is designed to live on water alone. I get we want to fine tune her and escalate growth but there is a fine line between feeding your green duck in a healthy manner and gavage.

Back
Top Bottom