Ganesha's Evolution

Today she's even in better shape all the tops got a little boost.
I feel now she's taken off after the second topping and is really vegging.
If could now water again around Tuesday that would be great then I can really pulse her up a bit with a couple of waterings over the next weeks and then hit the switch and hope for a glorious hulking stretch.
If she gets big I can have the Mars Hydro on top and come in with the Sanlight at an angle like now.

There's still clawing on various places around the plant but I think she's getting big enough to take on what's left in that pot.

IMG_1719048634151.JPEG

And a little side-shot of my current training method, a tiny bit of weight. I'll probably have to figure out something stronger for the stretch.. I was maybe thinking of just cutting garden wire to the right size and just lay it on top and space out the buds. Already tried a piece seems it's heavy enough but not too heavy.

IMG_1719056318982.JPEG

Alright, It's Monday and I could already water again this morning,
New growth is up and praying
IMG_1719243482952.JPEG

I stuck this in the pot aimed at the centre to give me more info.. and interesting, I fed her today the level got to about halfway moist, everything was droopy after watering and now when everything is up I can see it has already dropped closer to dry again.. but looks like I can water every 3 days now nice.
IMG_1719243547406.JPEG
IMG_1719243561458.JPEG

I think I'm gonna already clean her up tonight, pick bad & shading leaves, remove small growths etc.. get some air & light in there.

Gonna wait with the cutting, pulled some yellow leaves and examined the plant and well I'm going to have to cut a lot, as I'm gonna need to clear all the branches and just keep the tops and then pull those through a screen but since I just watered I'd be taking away a lot of leaves so I just want to let her transpire during the night.

Snippedysnip
IMG_1719333376958.JPEG

That's enough for today, got a bunch more clone attempts and there's some room underneath.
IMG_1719334067833.JPEG

And a normal pic for colour, still a jungle up there.. looks like I can be heavy handed with the fan leaves on top as well.
When to flip this? as now I fear if I wait too long I'll create a whole other mess and maybe have to create a second light line. My timing already has it that I'm flowering during July & August.. Although the big white tent is running a lot cooler, it's 30°c out now and cooler in the tent.
IMG_3077.jpg

Since tomorrow and day after will be hot as well, I've involved the Mars Hydro to see what's up temp wise.
Got the Sanlight at 76 watts and the Mars Runs at 140 no dimmer, bit of playing with the height and all the buds get around 40-45 on the DLI.

Curious how she's gonna react, if all is good might lower a bit more, and I still have 130 watts extra for flowering.
And looks like I can water tomorrow already, meter reads almost dry, top feels dry, pot still has some weight, there's the added screen now too, fucks ups my calibration :p
But a night with the two lights, she'll be light & thirsty tomorrow.

Since I only got one plant going now I need some chunkers on this thing.
If some clones take I'll be harvesting soon enough again though.
And I still have two Malawi seeds I'm gonna start in the greenhouse pretty soon, quadline them there finish in tent.

Oh I haven't used a ph meter or ph- product this grow.
And I can't say I miss it. Springwater & Bionova & Biocanna and the plant doesn't seem to complain much about anything really.
Yeah a bit hot in feed but that's also stabilising with the plant getting bigger.

IMG_1719352471969.JPEG
IMG_1719352800605.JPEG

Take my scissors away!
As I keep seeing more stuff I want to cut,
Now I'm gonna need to veg a bit more, get some mass back as well I figure transpiration will be a lot slower again now.
I'll just keep repeating the process of lushing up and cutting back until she's a bit more beefy before pulling into flower, I've come this far, better make the most of it.. Once I hit the switch she's ready in no time anyways.

IMG_1719403478612.JPEG
IMG_1719403573277.JPEG

Ì changed the water out with springwater for the clones and I see one is pulling resources from the leaves and has this translucent stuff around the stem, is this how roots are made or is it some type of water fungus.
IMG_3094.JPG
No. That's the stuff you don't want. Do you have kitchen sink sprayer you could hose it down with?

No. That's the stuff you don't want. Do you have kitchen sink sprayer you could hose it down with?
Ah damn.. I feared it was something bad, gotta change quicker with these hot days .. I can hose her down or snip her shorter as she's pretty long. it's only one glass that has it.

I should probably just stick em all in soil as those are all still up the new ones as well. ah I can maybe use a SIP... stick them all in there and wait and dig up the ones that eventually start growing again?

Ah damn.. I feared it was something bad, gotta change quicker with these hot days .. I can hose her down or snip her shorter as she's pretty long. it's only one glass that has it.

I should probably just stick em all in soil as those are all still up the new ones as well. ah I can maybe use a SIP... stick them all in there and wait and dig up the ones that eventually start growing again?
I had very poor results trying to root in SIPs, so that's why I switched to perlite.

It's kind of messy to work with when it gets wet but holds both moisture and oxygen very well which is probably why it works so well.

If you have some h2o2 maybe wipe down the stem or submerge it briefly to kill off that slime.

I had very poor results trying to root in SIPs, so that's why I switched to perlite.

It's kind of messy to work with when it gets wet but holds both moisture and oxygen very well which is probably why it works so well.

If you have some h2o2 maybe wipe down the stem or submerge it briefly to kill off that slime.

One in the other glass is forming small white nodules where she was cut... but it's impossible to get sharp through the glass
It just becomes a white blur but there's multiple little protrusions on those areas and the underside as well.
IMG_3098 2.JPG

Okay it was pretty hot in the tent today with the outside and the two lights but if the exhaust runs or fan it gets to 29° at canopy level.
And that was at the lowest power I can dial in, 216watts combined.
A heatwave will likely still be problematic but normal Summer days won't.
although I can still increase distance, and fan non stop, although if there's a long wave I'll just put her shaded on the terras.
Goh I was kinda even toying with the idea what if I take her to the garden and plant her in full soil? she still got a month and half of good light before the trigger sets in.. but then I go naaah too much snails and pests, and well probably more cloudy than Sunny as per usual.
IMG_1719441052948.JPEG

I just want to say you have a really great journal. I love your style.

It’s a shame it’s perpetual coz otherwise I would vote it JotM

:)
Lol, so you keep saying
Got this Sheila stalking my journal 😆
To perpetuity! and beyond?

Hmm a single grow journal... I could try but well wouldn't be much... this is 24 pages and already the third or fourth time I'm growing in it.

I cut soo much from this plant, she's see-through!
IMG_3115 2.JPG

And like I kinda still want to cut those long spindly things on the two mains.. yay or nay? as well those just will stretch out to very long things when flowering comes they'll get a nice nug on top but that's it... better to get rid of those, veg some more on top and then stretch is what I'm thinking.
See I cannae stop!
IMG_3116 2.JPG

I would take them. Not much room to tie them down and, if nothing else, you'll learn something for future grows on whether or not you should have taken them.

If you don't take them, they'll end up dominant and mess up your light distance for all of the other, more even, buds.

I would take them. Not much room to tie them down and, if nothing else, you'll learn something for future grows on whether or not you should have taken them.

If you don't take them, they'll end up dominant and mess up your light distance for all of the other, more even, buds.
ah, yeah it's the two end branches from the main, they did remain the more dominant ones, I'm not thinking about cutting those smaller though, as I feel the top part is what I want to keep?.. as it's bushy, it's the companion buds of the top those lower two three nodes on those buds, cutting those won't affect the height difference, but that can be compensated for with the lights, If I turn them I can raise the Mars above those two larger ones and come in with the Sanlight over the rest..

Oh or since they retained dominance will cutting the tops of them further boost the rest as well?
But yeah if I top them I need to use one of those spindly side branches as tops for that branch.. now they got nicest bud branch..
Gonna be a lot of vegging to make up for that.

Back
Top Bottom