Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

JiggiLotus

Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

Guyz vs Galz_-2.jpg

Welcome To Our Multi-Member Grow Show!

This is a friendly grow competition between two teams of three growers. We call it Guyz Vs. Galz because there is a team of three guys and a team of three girls. This is not a gender division, it's just two teams that wanted to have some competitive fun.

We will be growing different Seedbank strains using only 420 Magazine Sponsors' seeds. We have a combination of Photo Period and Autos, Indoor and Outdoor on both teams. There will be different methods and grow mediums so people can see many different styles and types of growing.

This grow is for pure fun. At the end there will be polls for members of the audience to vote on the best team grow as a whole and a few other things, like best bud, best plant, etc. These will be decided, and links to the polls posted at the finish of the grow. Team members will not be allowed to vote in the polls. This is an audience only voting.

There are no prizes awarded. This will be strictly for bragging rights.

Each Team member will be posting more detailed specifics on the the strains, seedbanks, and their other growing information after this initial introductory post.

Let's meet the players!

On the Guyz team:

@Olddog Newtrick : Growing Black Phoenix photo period / @North Atlantic Seed Company

@HappyHazmat88 : Growing Autos @Herbies Seeds / Banana Blaze / and @Royal Queen Seeds / Auto Milky Way F1

@Papa OG : Growing photoperiod @Original Sensible Seeds / Black Orchid

On the Girlz team:

@Carmen Ray : Growing Autos @Sweet Seeds / Red Mimosa XL / and @SeedsMan / Blueberry Auto

@JiggiLotus : Growing photoperiod @Delicious Seeds / Opium / and Delicious Candy

@Lady Cannafan : Growing Photoperiod @Barney's Farm / Mimosa EVO / and Gorilla Zkittlez

So come and join us for fun, laughter, cheers, and learning!

Let the Grow Show begin!

Grower: HappyHazmat88

Strain #1

Seed bank/s :
@Royal Queen Seeds
Medium: Ocean Forest soil from Fox Farms
Indoors/Outdoors: indoors in a 2x4x5 grow tent
Light: @ViparSpectra 100w P1000 Full Spectrum LED
Nutrients: @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg and Bloom combo
Water: filtered tap water

Strain #2: Milky Way F1
•Blue Mammoth x Blue Dream x Sin Tra Bajo Auto.
•Feminized Auto flower
•Hybrid
•Seed to harvest estimated 70-75 days
•Reported effects - This F1 hybrid will catapult you into orbit with high levels of THC. Expect a warm and fuzzy body high perfect for the evenings. Trace levels of CBG and soothing terpenes will help to curb the peak of the high to keep things chill.
•Flavor profile - Chocolate, Citrus, Pungent, Metallic Skunk.
•"Very high THC %"
•Expected yield - "XXL"
milky-way-f1.jpg

Photo Credit by @Royal Queen Seeds

Milky Way F1: Cruise the Galaxy With This Potent F1​

Greek mythology states that the Milky Way galaxy originated from the breasts of a goddess. While this cultivar comes from human innovation, it’ll quickly become the center of your growing universe. As one of the first true cannabis F1 hybrids, Milky Way F1 is an autoflowering variety stemming from multiple inbred lines. The result? Unparalleled uniformity, impressive resistance to disease, great productivity, and flavors and effects that will inspire you to sow these seeds again and again. Milky Way F1 arrived in the cosmos after breeders crossed several highly inbred genetic lines that share a heritage with Blue Mammoth, Blue Dream, and Sin Tra Bajo Auto.

Milky Way F1

Effects, Flavors, and Aromas of Milky Way F1: Warming Effects and Dank Tastes​

Milky Way F1’s parent varieties passed down a complex mix of terpenes, including myrcene, farnesene, caryophyllene, pinene, and limonene. Together, these aromatic molecules converge to create dank aromas and flavors of metallic Skunk and citrus. As a result, Milky Way F1 holds the title of the most aromatic cultivar in our F1 range. As far as effects go, this F1 hybrid will catapult you into orbit with high levels of THC. Expect a warm and fuzzy body high perfect for the evenings. Trace levels of CBG and soothing terpenes will help to curb the peak of the high to keep things chill.

Milky Way F1

Growing Milky Way F1: Compact and Reliable​

Are you struggling with space? No worries! With an average height of 27.3 inches, Milky Way F1 will happily reside in a small corner of your grow room or garden. This stealthy autoflowering variety serves up a large yield around 74 days after germination. Whether you're growing in a tent or room indoors, in a greenhouse, or outdoors in pots or garden beds, these plants are primed to perform.

Strain info provided by @Royal Queen Seeds

GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

You all need to adopt nicknames for this competition!

May I suggest:

For the guys:

Olddog "The Punching Bag" NewTrick

Happy "For Now" Hazmat

Popa "Pain Pill" OG

And for the girlz:

Carmen "Death" Ray

Jiggy "Batgirl" Lotus

Lady "The Blade" Cannafan

No, seriously, I hope you all have as much fun participating in this contest as I plan to have watching it unfold! :thumb:

You all need to adopt nicknames for this competition!

May I suggest:

For the guys:

Olddog "The Punching Bag" NewTrick

Happy "For Now" Hazmat

Popa "Pain Pill" OG

And for the girlz:

Carmen "Death" Ray

Jiggy "Batgirl" Lotus

Lady "The Blade" Cannafan

No, seriously, I hope you all have as much fun participating in this contest as I plan to have watching it unfold! :thumb:
Looking realllllllllllll biased over there :rofl: .

No matter win or lose my goal is to grow the best product I can grow 🤘😎🤘

... But we're not gonna lose 😉 :rofl::goof:

Grower: Lady Cannafan
Logo darker text.jpg

Seed Bank: Barney's Farm
Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
Lights: ViparSpectra KS5000 500W LED
Nutrients: General Hydroponics
Water: Rainwater

Strain Info 1: Mimosa EVO
Mimosa x Orange Punch
Photoperiod Feminized
Indica leaning hybrid 60% Indica 40% Sativa
Flowering Time: 65-70 days
Reported Effects: Euphoric yet restful effects. Mimosa EVO Strain is real food for the brain, expect floaty feelings that will stay with you through the day.
Reported Flavor Profile: Tropical Lemon, Orange Citrus with Hints of Berries

Photo Credit Barney's Farm
1716162697889.png

Strain Info 2: Gorilla Zkittlez
GG4 (Formally Gorilla Glue) x Zkittlez Strain
Indica leaning hybrid 60% Indica 40% Sativa
Flowering Time: 55-65 days
Reported Effects: Full of artistic thoughts and ready to work on stuff, but also giggly and sleepy
Reported Flavour Profile: Smooth, Sweet, and Fruity

Photo Credit Barney's Farm
1716163206802.png

Logo darker text.jpg

🥊Putting On The Gloves - RQS x Mike Tyson 2.0 -Clash Of Titans 3 Strains
🍄 The Shroom Room 🍄
Seedsman Comparative Grow with ViparSpectra KS000
Mushroom Cultivation with Midwest Grow Kits and Spore Genetics
Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains
Completed Journals
The Cannabis Kitchen - Cooking With Cannabis
The Beauty of the Changing Seasons & Other Photos
:reading420magazine: Official Product Reviews :reading420magazine:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO 420 MAGAZINE - CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO A PAID MEMBERSHIP

The power of WE is essential to ME

Grower: Carmen Ray
Logo darker text.jpg

Medium - revitalized used LOS (living organic soil)
Light - 2 x Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro LEDs @ViparSpectra
Environment: - It will not be possible to control the temperature and humidity of the grow space, so I try not to worry too much about that.

Strain Info 1: Red Mimosa XL Auto (Sweet Seeds) @Sweet Seeds
Indica leaning hybrid
Seed to harvest 8 weeks to 10 weeks
Reported Effects: Creativity, Stimulating, Happiness, Relaxing
Reported Flavour Profile: Fruity, Sweet, Citrus, Spices, Rocket, Orange, Walnut
Terpenes: Caryophyllene, Terpinolene, Myrcene

Photo from the Sweet Seeds Website

red-mimosa-xl-auto.jpg

Strain Info 2: Blueberry Auto (SeedsMan) @SeedsMan

Indica leaning hybrid
Seed to harvest 8 to 10 weeks
Reported Effects: Relaxing, Euphoric, Calm, Focused, Creativity
Reported Flavour: Fruity, Sweet, Berry
Terpenes: Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Pinene

Photo by me

DSC_7551-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_7551-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Logo darker text.jpg

Strain #1

Seed bank/s :
@Royal Queen Seeds

•Feminized Auto flower
•Hybrid
•Reported effects - This F1 hybrid will catapult you into orbit with high levels of THC. Expect a warm and fuzzy body high perfect for the evenings. Trace levels of CBG and soothing terpenes will help to curb the peak of the high to keep things chill.
•"Very high THC %"
•Expected yield - "XXL"
milky-way-f1.jpg

Greek mythology states that the Milky Way galaxy originated from the breasts of a goddess. While this cultivar comes from human innovation, it’ll quickly become the center of your growing universe. As one of the first true cannabis F1 hybrids, Milky Way F1 is an autoflowering variety stemming from multiple inbred lines. The result? Unparalleled uniformity, impressive resistance to disease, great productivity, and flavors and effects that will inspire you to sow these seeds again and again. Milky Way F1 arrived in the cosmos after breeders crossed several highly inbred genetic lines that share a heritage with Blue Mammoth, Blue Dream, and Sin Tra Bajo Auto.

Milky Way F1

Milky Way F1’s parent varieties passed down a complex mix of terpenes, including myrcene, farnesene, caryophyllene, pinene, and limonene. Together, these aromatic molecules converge to create dank aromas and flavors of metallic Skunk and citrus. As a result, Milky Way F1 holds the title of the most aromatic cultivar in our F1 range. As far as effects go, this F1 hybrid will catapult you into orbit with high levels of THC. Expect a warm and fuzzy body high perfect for the evenings. Trace levels of CBG and soothing terpenes will help to curb the peak of the high to keep things chill.

Milky Way F1

Are you struggling with space? No worries! With an average height of 27.3 inches, Milky Way F1 will happily reside in a small corner of your grow room or garden. This stealthy autoflowering variety serves up a large yield around 74 days after germination. Whether you're growing in a tent or room indoors, in a greenhouse, or outdoors in pots or garden beds, these plants are primed to perform.

Nice choice of strain ;) Best of luck buddy 🌱🙌

Grower: Papa OG

Seed Bank: Original Sensible Seeds

Strain Info: Black Orchid Feminized

Lineage: Gelato X OG Kush

Ratio: 70% Indica - 30% Sativa

THC Level: 30%

Flowering Time: 63 - 70 days

Reported Effects: Staggering THC levels can be devastating even for the hardened smoker. Producing intense power to make you feel tranquil, happy and dreamy its intense body stone can be crushing to users not accustomed to strains of this potency.

Flavor Profile: Berries with a creamy buttery flavor of blueberry pie with hints of citrus and herbal notes.

Terpenes: Myrcene, Pinene and Caryophyllene

Yield: 650 - 750 gram m² Indoor

Medium: Cannibalized Recycled Soil

Light: @VIVOSUN - VSF6450

Nutrients: TPS Nutrients

Photo Credit: @Original Sensible Seeds
22254 (1).png

Update May 30, 2024

Welcome to the Grow Show were 6 of 420 Magazines grow talents will be joining in two teams; boys vs girls, beauty vs brawn, tits over dicks!! We all hope you enjoy our collaboration of fun, facts, pic's and educational avalanche's.

Love what you grow.
Cuz baby, Knowledge is Powerful. 🌈🪷

Delicious Candy @Delicious Seeds

Strain: Delicious Candy is quite capable of causing a couch lock! For medical usage it is especially convenient for patients wishing to stay relatively focused and to avoid sleepiness. Candy has shown potential in treating nausea, muscle spasms and obsessive-compulsive disorders.

Genetic Makeup: Cheese, derived from SKUNK x KUSH. Caramelo, the best exotic LAVENDER Indica and Sativa phenotypes (SUPER SKUNK – BIG SKUNK KOREAN – AFGHANI-HAWAIIAN).

Expected Yield: 850 g/m²

THC: 19-20%

Harvest Time: 60-65 days

Pot/Bucket Size: 5 gal.

Grow Space: 10 x 16 x 16

How Many Plants: 1

Environment: Central Illinois–Continental. Warm summers, cold winters, windy, rainy and humid.

Stage: Seedling.

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Soil, Happy Frog Potting Soil

Lights: @VIVOSUN 1000e, 100w.
King LED 1000w.
@Mars Hydro tsw 2000, 300w.

Nutrients: Fox Farm–Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, Cha-Ching.
DR. JimZ–Chicken soup for the soil, 1-2-3 Grow tabs, Bloom Kaboom.
Reefertilizer Bloom.
(Specific schedules for specific stages

Room/Tent Temperature: 72°F–75°F

Relative Humidity: 50% – 80%

Media/Res pH: 5.5–6.2

Pests: occasional gnats. Controlled with gnat traps and @Sierra Natural Science 209/203

Watering: 1 cup. As needed to keep soil around seedling moist.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OPIUM @Delicious Seeds

Strain: Opium can be prescribed against chronic pains, nausea and appetite loss, headaches, muscle spasms and cramps, seizures, panic attacks and hysteria.

Genetic Makeup: An extremely resinous Afghani landrace is crossed with a Brazil Sativa, potent and flavorful, a well-balanced combination marijuana strain.

THC: 23%

Expected Yield: +600 g/m²

Harvest Time: 50-60 days

Pot/Bucket Size: 3 gal fabric pot

Grow Space: 10 x 16 x 16

How Many Plants: 1

Environment: Central Illinois–Continental. Warm summers, cold winters, rainy, high winds and humidity. Peak Summer heat usually doesn't reach over 100°F with high suffocating humidity.

Stage: Seedling.

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Soil, Happy Frog Potting Soil.

Lights: @Mars Hydro tsw2000, 300w.
@VIVOSUN vs1000e, 100w.
King LED 1000w, 150w.

Nutrients: Fox Farm–Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, Cha-Ching.
DR. JimZ–Chicken soup for the soil, 1-2-3 Grow tabs, Bloom Kaboom.
Reefertilizer Bloom.
(Specific schedules for specific stages).

Room/Tent Temperature: 72°F–75°F

Relative Humidity: 50% – 80%

Media/Res pH: 5.5-6.2

Pests: occasional gnats, controlled with sticky traps and @Sierra Natural Science 209/203

Watering: 1 cup. as needed to keep soil around seedling moist.

20240530_073631.jpg
20240530_073836.jpg

20240530_073620.jpg
20240530_073728.jpg
20240530_073455.jpg

Strain #1

Seed bank/s :
@Royal Queen Seeds

•Feminized Auto flower
•Hybrid
•"Very high THC %"
•Expected yield - "XXL"
milky-way-f1.jpg

Milky Way F1

Milky Way F1

'Breasts of a Goddess', count me in 🪷 that's one of my favorite flavors 💚

Thanks you for doing this grow it should be a lot of fun watching and I am looking forward to it. We have some great growers and super strains growing. All for fun and it will be. 🍋
I and I'm sure we appreciate your support and enthusiasm for the grow.😁

Started as a joke and has turned into a fun adventure.

That's HH expressing the "For Now" part of Happy "For Now" Hazmat! 😁
Haha what a terrible nickname! Better you than me!!! 😜 Cuz I'm...BAT-GIRL!! ((Extends the cape under the eyes all mysterious hero like)) 🦇 🎶dun dun dunununuuun un🎶

Greetings!

I planted my seeds on 27th, fully expecting them to surface on the weekend, but they have sprouted from the soil after three days in a temperature controlled environment. I keep their solo pots in sealed plastic bags in a covered bucket with a heat mat against the side, keeping the temperature at between 24 and 26 C, perfect germination conditions.

I use a 50 % LOS and 50 % seedling mix medium (bonsai mix is good for this) and this time I planted direct. I have learnt from the organics experts that the micro herd are busy from the get go and it's desirable to plant in situ rather than waste precious "seed" / early microbes and wotnot in paper towel.

They are now under the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro at 25 %, at a distance of 48 cm. I have calculated that in 18 hours I will meet the middle of the range DLI requirement. I will be turning lights off and on manually, and have set alarms for 6 am and midnight.

I sprayed them with a solution of microbes from a bottle, and a fish hydrolysate concoction and resealed the plastic bags.

That's HH expressing the "For Now" part of Happy "For Now" Hazmat! 😁
Bwhahaha your absolutely right.... How do you think I get frosty nugz?

I cry on them and let the moisture evaporate leaving behind sparkly salts 💎✨💎✨😆😭

Back
Top Bottom