Joe Pops His Hydro Cherry DWC Style

Nute feed
26ml Advance Nutrients pH perfect trio
40ml Cal Mag
5ml Flying Skull z7
26ml Hydroguard

Heya @JoeDaddy77 - with the pH perfect lineup, you shouldn't need the added Cal Mag - assuming you're using the "Grow/Micro/Bloom" line. The "Micro" should have all the Cal/Mag you need.

What made you choose z7 vs. AN's Sensizym and Hydroguard vs. Voodoo Juice? I've run a very similar setup previously and watching your grow with interest!

What's the temp of the res supposed to be at change?

You'll get a wide variety of opinion on this one. In my experience, anything below 62ºF and you'll slow growth. 68ºF seems to be average. Anything above 68ºF and you'll have to start closely monitoring your root zone. Many believe 65ºF is where the most oxygen is maintained.

If you can maintain an ideal 70-75ºF air temperature, 60-63% RH, and 65-68ºF res, you'll be golden on environmental.

:Namaste:

Heya @JoeDaddy77 - with the pH perfect lineup, you shouldn't need the added Cal Mag - assuming you're using the "Grow/Micro/Bloom" line. The "Micro" should have all the Cal/Mag you need.

What made you choose z7 vs. AN's Sensizym and Hydroguard vs. Voodoo Juice? I've run a very similar setup previously and watching your grow with interest!

:Namaste:
I've been running this mix of nutes in promix for 2 years at this rate. I'm simply flipping the equation to hydroponics. This is my first time doing this in DWC, but I've been using these nutes at this ratio for a couple years now. Glad to ah e you you along. I'm always open to new nute lineups. Mostly what I have is from following others journals on 420Mag and seeing excellent results and following suit. :thumb:

with the pH perfect lineup, you shouldn't need the added Cal Mag - assuming you're using the "Grow/Micro/Bloom" line. The "Micro" should have all the Cal/Mag you need.
TBH, I've never noticed this before.... I usually factor the Cal Mag one the low end at 3ml per gallon in the promix. That us also what I have done today. If this turns into an issue I will dial down. Thank you for the heads up. :Namaste:

You'll get a wide variety of opinion on this one. In my experience, anything below 62ºF and you'll slow growth. 68ºF seems to be average. Anything above 68ºF and you'll have to start closely monitoring your root zone. Many believe 65ºF is where the most oxygen is maintained.

If you can maintain an ideal 70-75ºF air temperature, 60-63% RH, and 65-68ºF res, you'll be golden on environmental
So if I can just keep 3.5 gallons of tap water on hand for 24 hours prior to res change then I should be golden?

I have a question about the paper plate. What's up with that? I'm sure it's something I should have figured out :)
I was told it would help keep light out of the buckets henceforth no algae...

JoDaddy is that wet Betty keeping your ph at 5.5 on fresh nutrients? I’m running the connoisseur a&b with all the grand master goodies, even the bud factor X . Expensive

Nice job Joe. Not sure why the BD is lagging behind, hopefully this is the week she takes off. Do you have a reservoir between your two buckets, or are they separate? You said you added 26ml of Hydroguard, so is that 13ml per bucket? I use Hydroguard as well, at 2ml per gallon. So 3.5 gallons would be 7ml per bucket. Unless I'm wrong.

As for water temps, take a look at this post: Sterile Rez Beware

I'm not going to brew teas for this grow, but maybe the next. The thing is, higher temps are possible if you follow certain criteria. My res is at 78* F btw.

JoDaddy is that wet Betty keeping your ph at 5.5 on fresh nutrients? I’m running the connoisseur a&b with all the grand master goodies, even the bud factor X . Expensive
I have so much faith in Advance Nutrients at this point in the game I do not even check pH. It's always been perfect as promised.... :p

You said you added 26ml of Hydroguard, so is that 13ml per bucket? I use Hydroguard as well, at 2ml per gallon. So 3.5 gallons would be 7ml per bucket. Unless I'm wrong.
3.5 gallons is equivalent to just over 13ml so I round of to 13ml. Hydroguard calls for 2ml per gallon.... Shit. I did my math wrong... Damn. Good catch AspenCultivator. :Namaste:

I added 13ml times 2ml to get 26ml.... Duh

Back
Top Bottom