Joe Goes Perpetual With Autos

Heres what I do. I start the plants in soil and when the roots begin to grow I remove them from the soil and clean up the roots a little. With about an inch of hydroton in the bottom of the net pots I set the plant in with the roots touching the hydroton and fill around the sides until the net pot is full of hydroton. Make the water level in bucket so its just right at the bottom of the net pot. With the air pump turned on it will keep the bottom of the net pot wet and the roots will grow. When the roots come out the bottom of the pots into the water just drop the water level to an inch or two below the bottom of the pot and your stylin. I never top water.

Everyone has there own way to start DWC, what I do is germ in rockwool or just paper towels method, once I get germ then I also put into soil but only a little solo cup til it gets a little root developed, then I transplant into my net pot , when doing this ph water to 5.7 and check it 2x a day keep air stone going all day with water to bottom of net pot and then I'll top water daily so she doesn't dry out within a week you'll have roots in water one of the most important steps is dropping water line to get roots to reach for water Bc otherwise you will over water your plant and get No Growth of roots or plant look at these roots and size of plant she is 2 weeks old and had a lot of problems
420-magazine-mobile94462461.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1033411680.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2056647397.jpg
so do some reading or ask a good grower like Pennywise or Feral they are amazing growers and helpful friend

If your going to be removing soil from roots you will want to make sure the roots are well established. If you do it with too few roots you run the risk of destroying your plants root system as some of the will probably break. I would think 7-10 days should be long enough think of a solo cup and how the roots start to curl near the bottom.

I have seen a lot of people using rapid rooters or rockwool cubes. Once you see the roots starting to emerge from the cubes just surround it by your medium and keep it moist until they hit the reservoir.

Thats how I do all my DWC

hey joe thanks for the well wishes on my thread

thought id say happy holidays and hope everything is going well.:Namaste:

Everyone has there own way to start DWC, what I do is germ in rockwool or just paper towels method, once I get germ then I also put into soil but only a little solo cup til it gets a little root developed, then I transplant into my net pot , when doing this ph water to 5.7 and check it 2x a day keep air stone going all day with water to bottom of net pot and then I'll top water daily so she doesn't dry out within a week you'll have roots in water one of the most important steps is dropping water line to get roots to reach for water Bc otherwise you will over water your plant and get No Growth of roots or plant look at these roots and size of plant she is 2 weeks old and had a lot of problems
420-magazine-mobile94462461.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1033411680.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2056647397.jpg
so do some reading or ask a good grower like Pennywise or Feral they are amazing growers and helpful friend
I love the wall hangers for LST training. I have been thinking of how to do that with the bucket. Also, as I'm looking at the hosing with the one I bought I'm seeing it's clear blue. Is that not going to be an issue?

Happy news years daddy no reply necessary bro. Just wishing you a solid 18 go for a 3 year milestone bro ..

The NL and WW XXL are 69 days in today. .
Gyo seedbank says the NL is a 75 day grow and the WW XXL is 80. To me the WW XXL looks further along, but I'm going to run a flush on the NL tonight and start her on 5 day flush of ph'd water with mollases. I will continue to hit the WW XXL with AN TRIO, b-52, big bud, bud candy, and Overdrive for 5 more days then start her flush. The AK-48 and American Pie are starting to preflower so they will be getting lollypop session tonight too.

I flushed the NL AUTO with 4 gallons of ph'd water. I still think she got more than 6 more days to go, but I figure I can just keep giving her ph'd molasses water until she is ready to chop. It feels so unnatural to put that much water thru. I only used 4 gallons on a 3 gallon smart pot. I believe you're supposed to go 2-3x the size of the pot, so I'm shy of that still yet. I do not usually do an actual flush like this. Normally I just start giving them ph'd molasses water for the last 5-10 days. Idk if it matters or not so I'm trying this way this time. It looks like it's gonna take awhile for the pot to drain enough to put her back in the tent. How do any of you do your flush on autos?
Here she is folks. Have a good night and stay warm.
4b78174705bc04d400700aa17855cf72.jpg
1996aa2f28ae42fb9bfb78e4db10a602.jpg
c58b844461bb44f1b4e31bd632713ecb.jpg

I pre-trimmed the NL. The only time I defoil is when I begin flush. I believe they need all the leaves. Like little solar panels, so I only defoil once. I call it pre-trimmed bc it helps speed up harvest trim and the light penetration in the last days of her life help the popcorn nugs get light too. Before and after.
c3f66223bbb5e165ce86e634485d4e76.jpg
cd2db56b6dfcbe1d9e5e39aba96da715.jpg
286f7aacddd3fcb1817277aa79ffe058.jpg
35c530eade126876274e441703933588.jpg

Back
Top Bottom