Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

re: Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

Ya most cameras have a white balance mode that will adjust to whatever whatever color light you are in to get those nice videos and pics cant wait to get one myself

hello every one it Sunday 4/26/2015 its 11 in the afternoon not much to report I just took a few pics of the girls so I can keep track for how they grow so I can have a visual and a written account I think it will help for my future grows I also raised up my scrog net until I can get the rest of my nutes and some larger saucers to put underneath my pots that way I can see how much run off water there is and also have a way to take it out if I need to

0061699.JPG
0071583.JPG
0081443.JPG
0091290.JPG
0101182.JPG
0111020.JPG

Really starting to fill that tent in nicely man!! Keep up the amazing work :Namaste:

hello every one it Sunday 4/26/2015 its 11 in the afternoon not much to report I just took a few pics of the girls so I can keep track for how they grow so I can have a visual and a written account I think it will help for my future grows I also raised up my scrog net until I can get the rest of my nutes and some larger saucers to put underneath my pots that way I can see how much run off water there is and also have a way to take it out if I need to

0061699.JPG
0071583.JPG
0081443.JPG
0091290.JPG
0101182.JPG
0111020.JPG

Coming in nice ! I use those silver aluminum baking pans as saucers lol they are cheap and reflective .

I like the swick idea that sounds like some thing I would like to try on my next grow

I highly recommend the SWICK system. It takes the guesswork out of watering and allows you to leave for several days without worry. Plus, it increases the aerating surface area of the container. My system is rudimentary at the moment, but it keeps me from over-watering my babies in their overly large pots.

My method:
Fill the plastic saucer with Perlite, then place the smart pot on top. Make a small hole with a finger in the Perlite to judge water level, and then add water to the saucer until the water almost reaches, but doesn't touch, the smart pot. Wait 15-minutes and check the water level again. If the water level decreased, repeat the process. Do this until the water level stays the same after 15-minutes and you'll know the plant has had it's fill of water.

Plastic saucer filled with Perlite.
IMG_64955.JPG

Smart pot on top of Perlite. Notice the hole on the left to check the water level?
IMG_64965.JPG

I plan to upgrade my SWICK system before going on vacation, so my roommates won't have to worry about my plants everyday just a couple times a week. Anyway, your plants are looking great!:goodjob: I can't wait to see how they turn out under the Mars II 400w LED as my harvest will only be a few weeks behind yours.

Enough said, I propose a toast...y bowl. :hookah:

I haven't seen that method before I will have to try it when i get a chance

hello everyone its Monday 4/27/2105 and its hot well its not that hot but to me it is its a little over 80 degrees its about 84 inside the grow tent I just got done helping my mom clean off here table to make space for the new TV I got her when it gets here ordered it from wally mart I got her a 50'' inch TV just like the one I am using for my computer monitor the only other thing I did was raise my light from 16'' inch's to 18'' inch's this is the first time I had to raise my light in awhile it looks like everything is going just fine so far my plants are doing great and looking healthy

0051921.JPG
0042035.JPG
0071587.JPG
0061702.JPG
0091293.JPG

Not to bad temps just I tiny bit high but still within a good range

hello everyone its so hot it 87 degrees outside even with my exhaust fan running at full speed its still hot in the grow tent so I left the front top part of the grow tent open to let some of the heat out. :cheer: Now of the good news I did my first defoliation on both my plants today plus I did some more lst on the Larry og Kush and some lst on the green crack my two girls are really starting to take up all my space I wont be doing anymore low stress training to them I don't need them to get any bushier now I need some vertical growth

here is a pics of the green crack before defoliation man she is growing fast
0012319.JPG

green crack after defoliation and lst
0022277.JPG

0032175.JPG

0042038.JPG

larry og kush after having some more lst done to her and defoliation
0101186.JPG

013845.JPG

the only leaf out of both plants that looked bad only because it was half buried
014763.JPG

012924.JPG
015690.JPG
0111023.JPG
0101186.JPG
0091296.JPG
0081449.JPG

now it is time for me to sit back and take some fat wax hits from my action Bronson micro g pen loading it with some rozay og indica wax and drinking a big cold glass of iced tea
:ganjamon:

:theband::tommy:
:party::goof:
016641.JPG

Looking good, those were some huge leafs with no signs of any problems. I too know the struggles with heat, my fan quit working and the one I bought to replace it is bigger and doesn't fit with the doors closed, so now I have to manually put the new fan in and take it out with the doors cracked.

Looking amazing man those are starting to get pretty nice. How much longer do you think youll leave them in veg?

Looking amazing man those are starting to get pretty nice. How much longer do you think youll leave them in veg?

I think I will let my girls veg for one more week to let my plants heal from the defoliation I did to them today. I plan on switching to 12/12 some time in the first week of may or just as soon as my local hydro shop gets my order after I pay for it on may 1st. I want to have all my nutes and the larger plant saucers before I lower my scrog netting and switch to flower cycle aka 12/12 now I just have to figure out what time I want lights on and off to be I am thinking maybe 8am to 8pm those are some of the hottest hours of the day but they should be fine

:morenutes::thumb:

Yes I forgot you were waiting on the mutes. Im sure they will turn out amazing either way and ya a week should give them some time to recover as well.
I will hopefully this mine in flower maybe a week or after you and there are a couple of other mars growers that are going to flower here soon so I'll be fun to see how we all do :Namaste:

0061699.JPG
0071583.JPG
0081443.JPG
0091290.JPG
0101182.JPG
0111020.JPG

Your plants look really awesome! Very nice and healthy, green and bushy. :thumb:

hello everyone today is Wednesday 4/29/2015 it is about 7:30am and today is my watering day this time I was sure to water my girls with plain water most of the time when I water I make a gallon of water with nutes in it and when I water I add a half a gallon of plain water before I water them to the mix in my watering can witch I split between both of them this time I gave them a real good drink of water I gave a whole gallon to each of them that way they can get a real good soak and get some well deserved run off going I took the girls to the bathtub for this job as all ways the water I used is plain tap water that I let sit out for at least 4 days nothing special I drink tap water so they should to lol so far my watering schedule has been every four days so if I water Saturday I would water again Wednesday so far they have shown no sings of under watering but once o switch to 12/12 I am going to bump it up to every three days I think and now for some pics

here are some pics of the girls in the tub before I watered them
0012321.JPG

0022278.JPG

and some after I put them back in the tent
0032176.JPG
0042039.JPG
0051925.JPG
0061707.JPG

Can't wait to see those flowers start showing!! The water schedule sounds about right and it will be very interesting to see how giving the plants mutes the whole way through works. I had always read that would like FFOF or roots organics dont need nutes for the first few weeks but your plants aren't showing any signs of stress to me. Great job and will keep a close eye :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom