Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

re: Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

No need for the dark period.... Its a myth someone made up. There has been scentific test and lab results that show nothing comes from dark periods. Personally, When i tried the dark period my smoke was a lot more harsh than normal and burned my throat even after a two week flush. Good luck cant wait to see harvest pics.

well I feel great...:ganjamon: I just harvested my first plant ever I took longer then I thought I think I started a little after 8 a.m. and I finished a little before 12 p.m.

I was going to have some one help me to speed it up but it was only one plant so I did it by myself first thing I did was put on some gloves clean the brand new scissors I got with alcohol pads got some paper plates and filled my buckets for bud washing

I did the bud wash one bucket with water and a little peroxide one bucket with water some baking soda and lemon juice and the last one with plain water and I dipped them in that order

I found a use for the scrog net I never got to use I used it as a hanging rack I use binder clips to hold the braches until I ran out then I just used the hemp twine I got I hung all the larger braches first and a lot of the smaller ones when I got close to the bottom of the plant I just clipped all the smaller buds and braches off the plant and put them on a plate to dry with the rest

I let all the buds drip dry and wiped up all the water that dripped off in the tent I have a small oscillating fan pointed down at the floor for air movement and the vent fan at full speed but I lowered it to half speed now to keep the smell and humidity in check

I still have one more plant to harvest not sure when that one is coming down yet I will wait until she tells me like the green crack did

I would now like to take this time and thank all of you that have supported me in this grow I could not have done it with out you

and now for some pics

the green crack after I took it out of the tent before I started the chop
0012426.JPG

the green crack after I started chopping
0022373.JPG

the after math
0042134.JPG

0052007.JPG

the buckets after all the bud washing

0061781.JPG

0081511.JPG

0091347.JPG

half way point
0032272.JPG

after I finished the harvest
012973.JPG

013887.JPG

014802.JPG

015733.JPG

the leaf trim and the buds that were to small to hang
0101237.JPG

0111071.JPG

my glass extraction tube I just got

016675.JPG

017605.JPG

WOW!!! Congratz on your first harvest!!! Pistils look brown and looks like you harvested at the perfect time. You will be surprised at how small they shrink after 4-5 days of drying or at least I was lol! Make sure you dont have hardly any air blowing on them or circulating through your tent as it will dry them to quick. I dry at 70 degrees F and 60-65 RH. Good luck!

WOW!!! Congratz on your first harvest!!! Pistils look brown and looks like you harvested at the perfect time. You will be surprised at how small they shrink after 4-5 days of drying or at least I was lol! Make sure you dont have hardly any air blowing on them or circulating through your tent as it will dry them to quick. I dry at 70 degrees F and 60-65 RH. Good luck!

thanks for the advice bro I turned off the small floor fan but I left the vent fan on should I have it on hi or low or in the middle what do you think would be best

even more good news today I just got my mars II 700w from u.p.s. and installed it in my flower tent so the Larry og Kush will finish off under my new light the mars II 700w

018551.JPG

That should ripen her up good! Congratz on the light. I would put fan on very low setting. You dont need to replace the air in your tent hardly at all. I use a remote temp and RH monitor and keep my room pretty much closed off with very little exchange. I always just monitor the remote sensor and check my buds daily feeling for dryness. You want them to be dry and not soft and squishy. But not over dried!! harvesting and curing is more of an art than growing to me sometimes! Good luck! Keep up posted and ask any questions you may have ill answer the best i can!

good morning every one today is Wednesday 7/8/2015 I am in day #60 of flower today is one of my watering days I used almost one whole gallon of plain tap water than has been sitting out for a few days still using plain water until the Larry og Kush is ripe I still see quite a few white hairs so I will let it keep growing I now think that I should have kept giving the Larry og Kush more nutes but this is still my first grow but now that I have taken a plant to harvest I have a better idea of what to look for and to listen to the plants

I can now see how different strains grow at different speeds I would have thought that the larry og kush would have finished first since it was a Indica dominate but to my surprise the green crack was the first to get the chop which is why one of the reasons I am going to only grow one plant on my next grow that way I can focus on it all by it self and try to dial it in better

I am glad I did not try to harvest both the plants at the same time I would not have had enough room to hang and dry them all that would have sucked.... lol I only put the Larry og Kush under the new mars II 700 I got yesterday I don't see any difference yet but I can tell that the 700 is much brighter then the 400 and should help ripen it up better until it gets the chop

I can tell you this I am loving the mars II 700 I can tell I am getting a more even light spread then the 400 what I mean is that with the 400 in the tent that towards the bottom of the plant I can still see light start to break up and have a rainbow effect it helps that there is only one plant in there now but I can tell that the mars II 700 is doing a better job and I am happy with that

well that's it for now hear are some pics of the Larry og Kush now under the mars II 700

0012428.JPG

0022375.JPG

its funny how the whole plant leans to the side because to was pack in the tent with the other plant so it grew like that it no big deal
0032273.JPG

0042135.JPG

0052008.JPG

0061782.JPG

0071658.JPG

That OG is looking amazing!! and i cant wait to see the smoke report on the green crack, one on the strains ive always wanted to try :circle-of-love: congrats on your first harvest im im stoked to see how the washing went lol im too scared to wash my buds still. but there is nothing like buds yoy grew yourself, that is a guarantee :Namaste:

well I feel great...:ganjamon: I just harvested my first plant ever I took longer then I thought I think I started a little after 8 a.m. and I finished a little before 12 p.m.

I was going to have some one help me to speed it up but it was only one plant so I did it by myself first thing I did was put on some gloves clean the brand new scissors I got with alcohol pads got some paper plates and filled my buckets for bud washing

I did the bud wash one bucket with water and a little peroxide one bucket with water some baking soda and lemon juice and the last one with plain water and I dipped them in that order

I found a use for the scrog net I never got to use I used it as a hanging rack I use binder clips to hold the braches until I ran out then I just used the hemp twine I got I hung all the larger braches first and a lot of the smaller ones when I got close to the bottom of the plant I just clipped all the smaller buds and braches off the plant and put them on a plate to dry with the rest

I let all the buds drip dry and wiped up all the water that dripped off in the tent I have a small oscillating fan pointed down at the floor for air movement and the vent fan at full speed but I lowered it to half speed now to keep the smell and humidity in check

I still have one more plant to harvest not sure when that one is coming down yet I will wait until she tells me like the green crack did

I would now like to take this time and thank all of you that have supported me in this grow I could not have done it with out you

and now for some pics

the green crack after I took it out of the tent before I started the chop
0012426.JPG

the green crack after I started chopping
0022373.JPG

the after math
0042134.JPG

0052007.JPG

the buckets after all the bud washing

0061781.JPG

0081511.JPG

0091347.JPG

half way point
0032272.JPG

after I finished the harvest
012973.JPG

013887.JPG

014802.JPG

015733.JPG

the leaf trim and the buds that were to small to hang
0101237.JPG

0111071.JPG

my glass extraction tube I just got

016675.JPG

017605.JPG

Congrats brother! ! :):thumb:

greetings to all my friends here at :420: today is Friday 7/10/2015 I was going to post this update earlier but I got side tracked but what ever

so I did the last of the trimming on the buds of the green crack harvest and trimmed all the buds off the stems and put in my quart size wide mouth mason jars with my mini digital hygrometers to start the cure

I was going to let them hang dry for a bit longer but if I would have done that then all the smaller buds would have been too dried out to cure since most of the buds were small from this plant I will just do some extra burping and it should be fine :winkyface:

I have not been able to get a weight on the buds yet I will wait until they have cured a bit since all I have to weigh it is a small pocket scale so I will only be able to weigh a few buds at a time then I have to split it up for me and my mom and smoke my roommate out of course
:lot-o-toke:

p.s. I might have been able to fit it all in one jar but I did not want to over crowd the jar and that might cause mold plus I have a whole 12 pack of them :cheesygrinsmiley: and I might add some I will do a update when I decided what I am going to make with this trim infused coconut oil brownies or some wax

when I was trimming the buds still
0012431.JPG

0022377.JPG

after the trim and in the jars
0032275.JPG

0042137.JPG

0052009.JPG

0061783.JPG

0071659.JPG

Cant wait to see the smoke report DB, those buds look nice and lime green!! and im sure those brownies with do the trick, edibles mess me up reall good :thumb:

it is now official I have competed my first grow!!!:cheer:

today is Saturday 7/11/2015 it is day #63 of flower I just harvested my last plant the Larry og Kush I have been up since around 5 a.m.

so just like my other harvest I setup my buckets for bud washing but this time I trimmed all the sugar leafs off before I washed them I think I will do that from now on it took longer but in the long run it was a lot easier to do it just after you cut them then waiting until the are dry

I can tell that I will get more from the Larry og Kush most of the buds were very solid and heavy

I also made some infused coconut oil with soy lecithin last night with some of the green crack trim I decarboxylate the trim in a Pyrex dish covered with foil for about 25 minutes on low in my oven then cooked it in my little crock pot for about 3 hours and strained it with some cheese cloth I have not got to try it yet but it smells great

I got a lot of trim from the Larry og Kush and I still have some from the green crack I think I will make some more coconut oil and blast some bho

one more cool thing my Larry og Kush had some purple leafs not many but there were some I was not expecting that at all

now all I have to do clean the inside of my tent and go get another clone today and I will be starting another grow journal! no rest for the wicked

and now for some pics
Larry og Kush before the chop
0012432.JPG

0022378.JPG

0042138.JPG

little but of purple going on
0032276.JPG

0052010.JPG

0061784.JPG

0071660.JPG

0081512.JPG

mid way though chop
0091348.JPG

0101239.JPG

bud washing buckets after the harvest

013888.JPG

014804.JPG

015734.JPG

the after math aka the skeleton

0111072.JPG

012974.JPG

the hang dry
016676.JPG

017607.JPG

018552.JPG

019485.JPG

and last the coconut oil I made last night
it a little dark but I don't care
020470.JPG

Congrats on your grow man :thumb: it takes some dedication to be able to stick with it for so long and do everything correctly. those OG buds look really nice!! cant wait to see the smoke report on both those ladys. cant wait to see your next grow man

Back
Top Bottom