SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

So far only one of the 2 GG Auto's has popped her head up. She popped yesterday morning & seems to be doing fine. It's the one that's in the FFOF.
The other seed I was wondering about so I moved the Coco gently & took a peak. I found the seed had popped, but it was growing sideways. Oh Chit ! I'm not sure if it would have straightened itself out & popped it's head up eventually or not. So, even though I hate messing with seeds that have popped, I went ahead & put it in a shallow hole with the Tap Root facing down. Not sure if it will survive or not, but we'll see.
I'll update things this weekend.
Whether or not, I harvest my "Cherry on Top" plants this weekend TBD when I check Trichs Fri. or Sat. Got a lot on my to do list so not in a big hurry to harvest anyway.

Here we go with my weekly update. Here we have the "Aurora Indica" that's in the tent. She sure is yellowing a lot & still has about 3 weeks or so to go. Wish I still had my Sweet Candy or Terpenator. Could use it right now.
The Tent plants seem to be bigger with fatter buds compared to the shed plants. Remember, I was feeding the Tent Plants twice per day & the Shed Plants once per day to see the difference. Yes, I think filling the res twice per day produces bigger plants & buds.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Here's the Tent "Cherry on Top". So many long stringy branches I'm just letting them fall where they will. I have the main ones tied up. This girl comes down this coming weekend.
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Ooops, just realized the time. Have to go to work now, so I'll complete this after I get home.

The Tent plants seem to be bigger with fatter buds compared to the shed plants. Remember, I was feeding the Tent Plants twice per day & the Shed Plants once per day to see the difference. Yes, I think filling the res twice per day produces bigger plants & buds.
But are they twice as big? Or, put another way, does doubling the cost of nutrients give you a decent enough return to justify? And, what if you just gave water on the second fill, how do you think that would compare?

Great big plants as usual, Buds. :thumb: Shame about the yellowing. You just gonna grin and bear it or change something up?

But are they twice as big? Or, put another way, does doubling the cost of nutrients give you a decent enough return to justify? And, what if you just gave water on the second fill, how do you think that would compare?

Great big plants as usual, Buds. :thumb: Shame about the yellowing. You just gonna grin and bear it or change something up?
I wont say twice as big. But, maybe 20% - 25% bigger. As far as the return goes, I'll have to wait till I get a dry weight from each one to know for sure. I don't think I'd give plain water considering the yellowing. Now, I have been considering feeding MC the first feed of the day & (Humboldt Counties Own) "Crystal Burst 0-15-15" the 2nd feeding of the day. I've never used a PK Booster by itself. Not even sure if you are suppose to use it that way. I've always mixed it in my nutes. But the Nutrient Calculator says it's not needed, so I'm at a dilemma. The other thing is, I only have calculations for up to the 5.5 gr. MC Equivalent. Maybe these plants need 6 gr. or even 6.5 gr. per gal. I'm going to order some Sweet Candy here real soon.

OK, back to my update.
This here is my "Aurora Indica" in the shed. As you can see she's also yellowing a lot. I'm not real concerned because these girls did not get a defol after the stretch. Therefore, they were kind of bushy & I'm kind of seeing this as a self defol.... lol. Only a few weeks to go anyway.
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG

And here are the final pics of this "Cherry on Top". She's got some really stinky, sticky ass buds on her with touches of pinks & purple in the buds. I remove as many Fan Leaves as possible while the plant is still whole. So much easier when the pot holds the plant for you. Here's a few pics.
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG

It got pretty cold in the shed for a few nights in a row. Got down to 64F with the lights on. I run my lights at night to help with heat a little. I have a small space heater in there now set on low. It's keeping it at a steady 70F that way.

Here we have the harvest pics from the "Cherry on Top" that was in the shed. Looks to be close to double (maybe only a third more) yield than same strain grown in a fabric pot, But the SIP was also done with a week less Veg time.... Soooo ?
DSCF1568 (2).JPG
DSCF1571 (2).JPG
DSCF1573 (2).JPG
DSCF1575 (2).JPG

And my Auto's. Well, so far I only have one. One of the GG Auto's is about 4-5 days old. The othe GG didn't turn out real well. She grew sideways, under the dirt to start. I stood her up & buried the tail, but after 3 days she just sat there doing nothing. I tossed it. Then 2 days ago I dropped a "Banana Purple Punch Auto" seed. Sure hope I have better luck with this seed. It should be popping up here real soon.

11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

What you think ? Buds on the Tent Plants look bigger to me.

Yes, but I think you're right, the proof will lie in the weighing. Those yellowing leaves don't seem to be hurting hurting the colas any. :thumb:
When MC was 9-6-17 I never got yellow leaves. Now that it's 9-6-14 I do. Gotta be "K" ! Only thing that's changed in my grows. I don't think it's the SIP's because my last grow I did SIP's & Fabric Pots & they all yellowed. So I rule that out.
Emilya says to add Sweet Candy during Flower. Not sure if there's a Calculation using it or not. I'll have to ask the Calculation Master @InTheShed ?

Hey @Buds Buddy I just had a skim through here. Great info here on SIP. Those are some stacked and shiny buds you have on those branches. Nice work :)
Remember, I was feeding the Tent Plants twice per day & the Shed Plants once per day to see the difference. Yes, I think filling the res twice per day produces bigger plants & buds.
It will be interesting to see the comparison of the dry weights.

Here we have the harvest pics from the "Cherry on Top" that was in the shed. Looks to be close to double (maybe only a third more) yield than same strain grown in a fabric pot, But the SIP was also done with a week less Veg time.... Soooo ?
DSCF1568 (2).JPG
DSCF1571 (2).JPG
DSCF1573 (2).JPG
DSCF1575 (2).JPG

And my Auto's. Well, so far I only have one. One of the GG Auto's is about 4-5 days old. The othe GG didn't turn out real well. She grew sideways, under the dirt to start. I stood her up & buried the tail, but after 3 days she just sat there doing nothing. I tossed it. Then 2 days ago I dropped a "Banana Purple Punch Auto" seed. Sure hope I have better luck with this seed. It should be popping up here real soon.

11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
Amazing results buds congrats man

Back
Top Bottom