SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Here's a pic of the "BPP Auto"
DSCF1589 (2).JPG

Here is the GG Auto, which broke ground about a week ago. I think she's fixing to take off as she seems to be growing a little faster. I filled the res 1/2 way today. My soil is moist so no need to top water.
DSCF1591 (2).JPG
DSCF1592 (2).JPG

I played hookie from work today. Decided to defol the Tent "Cherry On Top" to prep for harvest. Still have a few Fan Leaves left so she gets one more day in the tent. Thurs. night to the dark closet & Fri. night / Sat. morning she goes to the chopping block.
DSCF1582 (2).JPG
DSCF1584 (2).JPG
DSCF1586 (2).JPG

Here's a pic of the "BPP Auto"
DSCF1589 (2).JPG

Here is the GG Auto, which broke ground about a week ago. I think she's fixing to take off as she seems to be growing a little faster. I filled the res 1/2 way today. My soil is moist so no need to top water.
DSCF1591 (2).JPG
DSCF1592 (2).JPG

I played hookie from work today. Decided to defol the Tent "Cherry On Top" to prep for harvest. Still have a few Fan Leaves left so she gets one more day in the tent. Thurs. night to the dark closet & Fri. night / Sat. morning she goes to the chopping block.
DSCF1582 (2).JPG
DSCF1584 (2).JPG
DSCF1586 (2).JPG
Should be a good harvest cherry on top is a nice plant

Should be a good harvest cherry on top is a nice plant
Waiting on the other one to finish drying. After about 5 days I'll cut the buds off & let them sit in a bowl for a day or two.
Then into the jars. Check the next day. If too moist, back in the bowl for a day. Been doing it this way for a couple of years. Different than most people; but it works for me.

When MC was 9-6-17 I never got yellow leaves. Now that it's 9-6-14 I do. Gotta be "K" ! Only thing that's changed in my grows. I don't think it's the SIP's because my last grow I did SIP's & Fabric Pots & they all yellowed. So I rule that out.
Emilya says to add Sweet Candy during Flower. Not sure if there's a Calculation using it or not. I'll have to ask the Calculation Master @InTheShed ?
Hey Buds! I have 9-6-17 and I still can’t fix the yellow leaves. I just started going over 6grams to see if that might work. So far no luck. I have sweet candy but thought it might be over kill. Everyone seems to have good luck with MC so maybe it’s something else I’m doing wrong. Not sure.

FWIW >

On my last grow I took all the side branches from the mains and left some of the fan leaves on the bottom third of my plants.

I used those to judge when to up the nutrients. I would get the odd yellow leaf and up by .5g/4L.

For the last three weeks of flower I was up to 7.5g/4L of MC o_O

And for the last week I was starting to see some yellow leaves at the canopy level.

But at that point it wasn't a concern !

Cheers

Hey Buds! I have 9-6-17 and I still can’t fix the yellow leaves. I just started going over 6grams to see if that might work. So far no luck. I have sweet candy but thought it might be over kill. Everyone seems to have good luck with MC so maybe it’s something else I’m doing wrong. Not sure.
With the 9-6-17 I added "N" & "Si" & it kept everything green. Most people had a lot of luck with it at first. But they change their formula every month & it keeps getting worse & worse. They are on like version 6 or 7 since I started using it. Version 2 was the best one. Didn't have to add anything. Just MC by itself & it grew great plants. It hasn't been the same since. Unfortunately, I bought the big $100 bag so I have a lot of the newer stuff to use up.
I'm doing my 2 Auto's with Geo Flora; but I doubt I'll keep using it on future grows. I don't know how it does yet, but the smell is terrible from it. Makes your house smell like a cattle field. OK for use outdoors or in my shed. But not in the house.

FWIW >

On my last grow I took all the side branches from the mains and left some of the fan leaves on the bottom third of my plants.

I used those to judge when to up the nutrients. I would get the odd yellow leaf and up by .5g/4L.

For the last three weeks of flower I was up to 7.5g/4L of MC o_O

And for the last week I was starting to see some yellow leaves at the canopy level.

But at that point it wasn't a concern !

Cheers
Another good point about the changes to MC. You'd of never got up to 7.5 gr. in the old version. At 5.5 you were pretty much maxed out. Not the case anymore apparently. With the old version, if I fed 6.5 gr. I'd get an "N" Tox.
I'm pretty sure Terpinator 0-0-4 would help with the yellowing in flower since it's a "K" def. I plan to buy some for my next Photo grow in a couple weeks.

Today, I did some movement. The 2nd Cherry on Top is now in the closet for harvest tomorrow night. The 1st Cherry on Top got the buds cut off the branches & are now in a large bowl for the next day or two before I jar it.
The Aurora Indica that was in the shed is now in my 4x8 tent. Now that the 2 Auroras are side by side I can really see a difference between feeding once per day & twice per day. The twice per day plant is 25% - 35% bigger & the buds are a little fatter too. I'll get pics up by Sat. Wife's back in the hospital, so time is limited at the moment.

Best wishes to your Mrs. Interesting about the double feed being more productive . .
Yes, I fed right at lights on. Then kind of watched to see when the float indicator said empty & refilled the res. Usually, about 6 - 8 hours later. Wouldn't doubt if it could be fed 3 times, if it weren't for the dark time. I'll be finding out once these Auto's take off. They are on a 20/4 light schedule. Lights should be on for a 3rd feeding if they'll take it.

Yes, I fed right at lights on. Then kind of watched to see when the float indicator said empty & refilled the res. Usually, about 6 - 8 hours later. Wouldn't doubt if it could be fed 3 times, if it weren't for the dark time. I'll be finding out once these Auto's take off. They are on a 20/4 light schedule. Lights should be on for a 3rd feeding if they'll take it.
Keep going buds you can do it. Theyre keeping you nice and busy lol

Another good point about the changes to MC. You'd of never got up to 7.5 gr. in the old version. At 5.5 you were pretty much maxed out. Not the case anymore apparently. With the old version, if I fed 6.5 gr. I'd get an "N" Tox.
I'm pretty sure Terpinator 0-0-4 would help with the yellowing in flower since it's a "K" def. I plan to buy some for my next Photo grow in a couple weeks.
Just to be clear, on my last all auto's run I was up to 7g/4L for the last two weeks.

Cheers

With the 9-6-17 I added "N" & "Si" & it kept everything green. Most people had a lot of luck with it at first. But they change their formula every month & it keeps getting worse & worse. They are on like version 6 or 7 since I started using it. Version 2 was the best one. Didn't have to add anything. Just MC by itself & it grew great plants. It hasn't been the same since. Unfortunately, I bought the big $100 bag so I have a lot of the newer stuff to use up.
I'm doing my 2 Auto's with Geo Flora; but I doubt I'll keep using it on future grows. I don't know how it does yet, but the smell is terrible from it. Makes your house smell like a cattle field. OK for use outdoors or in my shed. But not in the house.
Thanks @Buds Buddy! I appreciate your insight and experience. This is my northern lights auto and I’m still seeing a light green on that big bottom leaf. I have upped my feed to about 7grams a gallon. Could she still be hungry? Also, my SIP auto is doing great (I’ll post a pic soon)! I filled the reservoir with one gallon @1 gram of MC. When it’s time to fill reservoir should I go to 2 grams a gallon? I know you’ve posted your SIP MC feeding schedule before but I’m not sure if I saw it in this thread or another. I should have bookmarked it! Thanks for all your help!
0988A4DE-AB46-431B-A826-2CE3BD79F8BC.jpeg

Thanks @Buds Buddy! I appreciate your insight and experience. This is my northern lights auto and I’m still seeing a light green on that big bottom leaf. I have upped my feed to about 7grams a gallon. Could she still be hungry? Also, my SIP auto is doing great (I’ll post a pic soon)! I filled the reservoir with one gallon @1 gram of MC. When it’s time to fill reservoir should I go to 2 grams a gallon? I know you’ve posted your SIP MC feeding schedule before but I’m not sure if I saw it in this thread or another. I should have bookmarked it! Thanks for all your help!
0988A4DE-AB46-431B-A826-2CE3BD79F8BC.jpeg
Those leaves starting to get light green indicate it's ready for stronger nutes. I'm a bit stunned by people going over 6 gr. per gal. I haven't tried going over 6 with the newer versions, because back on Ver. 2 , I went to 6.5 gr. & got a terrible "N" tox. Never went past 6 since then.
How old is the N.L. ? Last N.L. Auto I grew hit the roof of my tent. That was crazy. She just wouldn't quit growing.
I think it took over 12 weeks to finish.
For the SIP, yes go to 2 gr. for 1-2 feedings, then 3 gr. for 1-3 feedings. Between 1 - 4 gr. you ramp things up pretty fast. After that you just increase .5 gr. when you see the leaves getting light green.
I'm currently seeking a new 1 or 2 part nutrient to try out. Thinking about trying Maxi Grow & Bloom. I'm just not happy with MC anymore. They change the formula too much so I can't ever dial things in because they change it again. If they'd just go back to Ver. 2 & leave it alone it would be great. Didn't need to dial anything in back then. Worked perfect straight from the bag.
Here's a plant I grew with Ver. 2.

Today was kind of a Lucky Day. I won some "Runtz Punch" seeds from Herbie's. Guess you know what I'll be growing next (At least 1). I've also decided to give MaxiGro 10-5-14 & MaxiBloom 5-15-14 a try when I grow the Runtz Punch.
Got all that today plus a liter of Terpinator 0-0-4 to see if it helps with the yellowing leaves should it happen in future grows.

Today was kind of a Lucky Day. I won some "Runtz Punch" seeds from Herbie's. Guess you know what I'll be growing next (At least 1). I've also decided to give MaxiGro 10-5-14 & MaxiBloom 5-15-14 a try when I grow the Runtz Punch.
Got all that today plus a liter of Terpinator 0-0-4 to see if it helps with the yellowing leaves should it happen in future grows.
Some just use the MaxiBloom for their whole grow.

I didn't really notice much difference between the Maxi's and MC on my last grow !

Both performed well for me...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom