SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

They have some new Meter out that's suppose to measure THC content. Seen it on Zon. Thinking about buying one out of curiosity.
71cY47gmNsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81DnLd85bTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81HNM0Z7XTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81WONSw0zlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81wrnIpdGpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
818jk668VPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Wow technology these days man

Wow technology these days man
Pretty cool thing though if it actually works. I'm going to order one pretty soon & test it out. Most likely order it within a week. Got to buy a car for my son before I spend money on anything else; which I'm doing this weekend (hopefully).
He got his first job so time for his first car.

I'd be interested in the details they provide. First off, the cannabinoids sit in the trichomes as thc-a, not thc. Maybe they do some sort of adjustment? And they're doing this with a few photographs? All the cannabinoids swim around together in the trichomes so how do they differentiate between thc-a and cbd-a , etc.?

Would be interesting to test a sugar laden plant that's a balanced strain, say 50/50 thc/cbd and each at around 5-10%.

Color me skeptical, but would be cool if it works.

Pretty cool thing though if it actually works. I'm going to order one pretty soon & test it out. Most likely order it within a week. Got to buy a car for my son before I spend money on anything else; which I'm doing this weekend (hopefully).
Good Dad

Yes, I'm skeptical of it too. But still going to test it out & see. Maybe do a comparison against the Plant Check test kit & see if they have about the same analysis.
Got my son his first car. 2010 Dodge Charger (6 cylinder) for $4000. No body damage at all. Everything works & it drives smooth as can be. Should do the trick for him & I wont have to get up every night to take him to work. Win / Win !

try this instead. they just launched, emilya got one to test. this is science, that thing.... not so much and company has iffy history, I've seen them offer shay shit.

Yes, I'm skeptical of it too. But still going to test it out & see. Maybe do a comparison against the Plant Check test kit & see if they have about the same analysis.
Got my son his first car. 2010 Dodge Charger (6 cylinder) for $4000. No body damage at all. Everything works & it drives smooth as can be. Should do the trick for him & I wont have to get up every night to take him to work. Win / Win !
Good starter vehicle

try this instead. they just launched, emilya got one to test. this is science, that thing.... not so much and company has iffy history, I've seen them offer shay shit.
No mention of the RH of the tested flowers, which in lab tests is incredibly important since that's how you find THC as a percentage of the bud. I guess they've sorted a way around that?

I'd be willing to spend the $75 for a lab test if they want to send me one of theirs to compare the results. :)

No mention of the RH of the tested flowers, which in lab tests is incredibly important since that's how you find THC as a percentage of the bud. I guess they've sorted a way around that?

I'd be willing to spend the $75 for a lab test if they want to send me one of theirs to compare the results. :)
touche

Dont worry, I didn't take it as such. Was an excellent point. Maybe the instruct you to put the bud in a place you control with specific rh for 24hrs, then have you go in and make the test in same enviro. Or their reagents measure for something else.

I'm curious, the extent to which light stress is considered a herm-factor? Bud reported some heat issues, but I have no understanding of the phenomenon or even the extent to which science confidently appreciates the factors, so I'm looking for where I can start building a knowledge base.

Bud, I saw a few pics of plants growing into the lights, and I imagine this was less frequent with other grows in the past as you indicate plant height and overall mass with SIPs was much higher, have you had experience running plants close to lights in the past with clean results?

You indicated that you feel the genetics are quite stable, do you know the age of these plants (as in, when the true mothers were germ'd?)

Likely unrelated; I've been wondering if SIP plants possibly have a significant moisture content increase over others. They pack the stuff away like crazy compared to traditional container growing, but perhaps biomass increases track evenly, I dunno. Curious.

Anyway, hope you're well Buds, and that your boy is safely enjoying his new mobility. Maybe (definitely) it had more to do with the timing - I mean, I was 16 after all - but holy %$@& did having wheels ever coincide with a major uptick in the frequency I got laid. I wonder if my parents ever suspected why I asked to borrow their station wagon so often when I had a perfectly good coupe in the driveway. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm curious, the extent to which light stress is considered a herm-factor? Bud reported some heat issues, but I have no understanding of the phenomenon or even the extent to which science confidently appreciates the factors, so I'm looking for where I can start building a knowledge base.

Bud, I saw a few pics of plants growing into the lights, and I imagine this was less frequent with other grows in the past as you indicate plant height and overall mass with SIPs was much higher, have you had experience running plants close to lights in the past with clean results?

You indicated that you feel the genetics are quite stable, do you know the age of these plants (as in, when the true mothers were germ'd?)

Likely unrelated; I've been wondering if SIP plants possibly have a significant moisture content increase over others. They pack the stuff away like crazy compared to traditional container growing, but perhaps biomass increases track evenly, I dunno. Curious.

Anyway, hope you're well Buds, and that your boy is safely enjoying his new mobility. Maybe (definitely) it had more to do with the timing - I mean, I was 16 after all - but holy %$@& did having wheels ever coincide with a major uptick in the frequency I got laid. I wonder if my parents ever suspected why I asked to borrow their station wagon so often when I had a perfectly good coupe in the driveway. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have had plants grow into the lights before without going Hermie. However, I had some bleached out buds at the very top.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
GEDC5537.JPG

The Mother's were germinated 2-3 grows prior. These were Clones from Clones. Maybe that's why ?

I haven't updated in a while because of working so much. I get home & crash most the time from exhaustion. Only 7-10 days more of the political printing & I'll go back to normal hours.
I don't think there has been any major changes since I got the 2 Hermie plants. Just keeping my fingers crossed the rest isn't seeded buds. The top part of my Aurora in the tent seems fine. but a few of the lower small buds look to be turning brown like they are done. I'm thinking they got pollinated.... but not really sure.
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary Hermie or pollination wise on the Cherry On Top. However, it is doing the same thing in the SIP's as it did in the Fabric Pots last grow. I'm getting a little Mg. spots on the leaves & the upper leaves are yellowing. Mega Crop just isn't what it used to be. Going to try a different nute line next grow. This didn't happen with MC 9-6-17; but it does with the latest version that's 9-6-14. Every improvement they make, makes it worse & worse.
Anyway, here's some pics of the plants in the tent.
219.JPG
220.JPG
221.JPG
222.JPG
223.JPG
224.JPG
225.JPG
226.JPG
227.JPG
228.JPG

Edit: Just reread my post. My first car was a sedan, not a coupe. Was thinking about coupes, and just blithely wrote the word down. Oops. 1978 BMW 525i, brought over by a Canadian service member so all the buttons etc. were in Deutch. Only one in the country. Day I bought it, had to drive it from Red Deer to Edmonton in January on summer hi-po tires, 1st time driving 5-spd. No prob. (OK, when I say "had to"... and when I say, "no prob...)

Here are the 2 plants in the Shed. The Aurora out here is the biggest of all the plants. She seems to be doing quite well.
The SoHum & Re-Charge plant is no longer a Recharge plant. It just isn't doing the trick at all. Same issue as last grow with it. Last grow I used 1/3rd SoHum & 2/3rds FFOF; so we thought that was the issue. I was also only feeding at 2.5 gr. of Recharge. This grow was 100% SoHum & 5 gr. Recharge & still got the same issues. Forget this organic stuff. It's not my cup of tea. I'll stick to synthetic / chelated nutes.
As you can see in the pics the SoHum girl is really light green. I put her on the MC nutes 2 feedings ago. It took about 2-3 weeks to clear up last grow when this happened; but never got 100% better again.
Here's some pics.
229.JPG
230.JPG
231.JPG
232.JPG
233.JPG
234.JPG
235.JPG
236.JPG
237.JPG
238.JPG

I got my seed order from Herbies today. Here's what I got.
Gorilla Glue - Fem
Gorilla Glue - Auto
Strawberry Gorilla - Auto
Godzilla Cookies - Auto
Banana Purple Punch - Auto
Blackberry Kush - Auto
Sweet Coffee Ryder - Auto
Wedding Glue - Auto
Afghani - Reg.

Back
Top Bottom