Thinking some more about this... it seems a rather emergency case, so perhaps a liquid boron foliar spray is in order, or a drench with a product such as Down to Earth's Liquid Fish & Kelp. Tapping @Zeefarmer here.

Does it contain peppermint oil? Do you spray full strength from the spray bottle?
Yes it smells like peppermint and yes you do i have the premixed kind RTU…. I threw out my co2 bag the fungus gnats turned into a nest

Too much peppermint oil can burn leaves. Why the heck are they putting peppermint oil in a fertilizer? I looked at the FOOP Mist ready-to-use label... there's no peppermint listed. I wonder why? Anyway... it's hard to imagine that the FOOP Mist is causing a problem, but you did say... "When ever i try to spray foop foliar it seems to get worse". Did FOOP mess up and put too much peppermint oil in a batch?

The FOOP Mist pre-mixed ready-to-use is 99.8% inert ingredients, presumably mostly water. That means that 0.2% is active ingredients, which is 2,000 ppm. That seems pretty "hot" to me. 0.096% N is 960 ppm... seems on the high side, perhaps too high.

IMG_5500.jpeg
Its there…. hmmm maybe thats where i screwed up my tent timing is not conducive to my work schedule atm i sprayed er while the lights were on thats a nono but the twisted growth and all has to be attributed to somethi g else

Its there….
Hmm, but not on the label directly from the FOOP website. Strange. They are obviously using peppermint to mask the odor of the stuff, but maybe the amount added is too much.

hmmm maybe thats where i screwed up my tent timing is not conducive to my work schedule atm i sprayed er while the lights were on thats a nono but the twisted growth and all has to be attributed to somethi g else
I don't know, 2,000 ppm NPK foliar + peppermint oil under high-intensity lights, could possibly cause damage? @InTheShed and @Azimuth, what do you think?

So, I think your plants probably got well enough boron from various sources. It seems like something else is going on. I keep thinking it's related to the root zone. Something may be amiss in the root zone, which is disrupting uptake of nutrients. Maybe.

Hmm, but not on the label directly from the FOOP website. Strange. They are obviously using peppermint to mask the odor of the stuff, but maybe the amount added is too much.

I don't know, 2,000 ppm NPK foliar + peppermint oil under high-intensity lights, could possibly cause damage? @InTheShed and @Azimuth, what do you think?

So, I think your plants probably got well enough boron from various sources. It seems like something else is going on. I keep thinking it's related to the root zone. Something may be amiss in the root zone, which is disrupting uptake of nutrients. Maybe.
2000ppm, 4.0 EC total as foliar feed? I start to run in to problems above 1000ppm 2.0 EC.

Peppermint oil is probably the culprint. It's very easy to overdo it since one or two drops extra migh be enough to cause burns.

Light intensity has very little to do with burning. It's kind of old bro science that's been disproven many times but maybe not on this forum?

I always sprayed with lights on without any issues. I see a bigger problem with spraying with lights out and controlling excess humidity.

2000ppm, 4.0 EC total as foliar feed? I start to run in to problems above 1000ppm 2.0 EC.

Peppermint oil is probably the culprint. It's very easy to overdo it since one or two drops extra migh be enough to cause burns.

Light intensity has very little to do with burning. It's kind of old bro science that's been disproven many times but maybe not on this forum?

I always sprayed with lights on without any issues. I see a bigger problem with spraying with lights out and controlling excess humidity.
I'm sure @Wastei has a lot more experience than I do in these areas, especially lighting, because I'm an outdoor grower. I do have some experience with essential oils, because I use Bronner's peppermint soap w/ neem in water as an insect spray. What I use is very dilute peppermint, and has never caused harm to the plants. I do also add orange oil (limonene) sometimes for increased killing power, but only like 10-12 drops in a gallon of water, along with the soap and neem. A mixture that smells strongly of peppermint sounds to me like too high of concentration.

Boy, boron is such an uncommon deficiency. That looks more like P to me. The wild card here seems to be the foliar, and maybe that combined with the lights.

Love the simple desigh!!

At the end I didn't find any commercially available bucket which would satisfy me so ended up going via diy route. First seedling has seen the light already, will see how it will fair.

Parts:
  1. 14Lt bucket from any building shop
  2. a piece of 15mm water pipe
  3. Some 3d printed parts.

PXL_20240912_131056649.MP_scrubbed.png

PXL_20240912_122840803.MP_scrubbed.png

PXL_20240912_122851064.MP_scrubbed.png

PXL_20240912_124135283.MP_scrubbed.png
3D parts, eh? Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom