Highya Azimuth, Stonecrusher, guys,

I remember people growing in low humidity conditions, and they're plants grew well. Humidity isn't as much a factor (unless too high) as say watering, or feeding. If not humid, I'm guessing the plants will use more water to keep their temp down below scorching level. If it were me, I'd give it a shot. Happy Smokin'

Highya Azimuth, Stonecrusher, guys,

I remember people growing in low humidity conditions, and they're plants grew well. Humidity isn't as much a factor (unless too high) as say watering, or feeding. If not humid, I'm guessing the plants will use more water to keep their temp down below scorching level. If it were me, I'd give it a shot. Happy Smokin'
Can’t tell you how many times I just added bowls of water to tent to raise humidity in winter months :)

Can’t tell you how many times I just added bowls of water to tent to raise humidity in winter months :)
Except for my last winter grow my rh has always been under 40% and I never worried about it. Plants didn't seem to care !

So I added a humidifier and still couldn't get it much about 50%. The only difference I saw was the need to buy/haul an extra gallon of "clean" water every two days 😆

I control my environment as best as I can and leave the measurebation to the VPD guys :yahoo:

Cheers

Except for my last winter grow my rh has always been under 40% and I never worried about it. Plants didn't seem to care !

So I added a humidifier and still couldn't get it much about 50%. The only difference I saw was the need to buy/haul an extra gallon of "clean" water every two days 😆

I control my environment as best as I can and leave the measurebation to the VPD guys :yahoo:

Cheers
Yeah, 40 isn’t bad at all, I was down in 20-30 range when I was adding water bowls. I like to stay as close to 50% as possible in flower.

And here we go again after a 3 month plus layoff but with a New Light :yahoo:

Phlizon FD6000 640w eight bar light !

All five available strains have tails after 39 hours in water and have been moved to solo cups :yummy:

Sept 13 seeds in solos.jpg

Strains are >

Hawaiian Snow was missing from my order but a 3 pk shipped today...

Fall 2024 Grow.JPG

Thinking about growing one in a 2 1/2 gallon fabric bag sitting on perlite, not quite a Swick ? 😆

SIP Swick mod drawing.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Totally a swick. I have my bags settled down in a bed of river rock for a similar effect. I’ve thought about filling the trays with perlite but it might be messy, sides aren’t high enough.

Hi Gee,
You mentioned a few comments ago about growing at 35% RH. I live in a desert-ish place too and have tried to keep humidity up in the tent, but it tops out at about 50% unless ambient air is higher.
My outdoor plants dont give a damn about humidity. They are thriving in their big soil pots. So it makes me wonder about how much i need to use a dome and then a humidifier.
Do you just use ambient RH indoors? I would if I thought I could get away with it.
I'm not going to say that low humidity is either better or worse, as the plant prefers different humidities both throughout the day and it's life, but there are ranges where the plant does better for sure.

The lower the humidity the faster a plant will transpire, so you need to be aware of that and manage it. In the tent I have a flood tray that stays full for all of veg until the plants are big enough to control their own environment. I shoot for 62%RH for the 1st 4 weeks, then drop to 58% until flip.

As for cloning and babies, RH does become more important. Babies and clones have small root systems and if you turn the lights up to grow them quicker they will suffer in low humidity as they simply can't bring in enough nutes to properly grow so they will cannibalize the leaves, hence my quest to end up with the cloning tutorial in my signature.

By rooting an aero-clone to 12" roots and dropping it into a perfectly wet 10gal pot with fresh myco dusted over the complete rootings there is no need to trim the leaves back as the aerocloner can keep them hydrated, and the long root, covered in myco, in wet soil, ensures both nutes and moisture come in and the clone immediately starts to grow.

I do raise the 100 watts of LED to 30" above for the 1st 4-5 days but after that it's grow time. Also when the cuttings are in the cloner I hang 1 18" sunblaster t5 flourescent 5' above the cuttings for light, and the cloner sits in either the spare bathtub or on a concrete floor to help keep water temps cooler, and I only use RO water and Stimroot #2 rooting hormone.

Totally a swick. I have my bags settled down in a bed of river rock for a similar effect. I’ve thought about filling the trays with perlite but it might be messy, sides aren’t high enough.
Thanks for that @Fudo Myoo !

I'm now thinking to take a 5 gallon pail, pour in a gallon of water and enough perlite to come up to the top of the water, measure that and cut it off a couple of inches higher.

Then I can drill a drain hole at the level of the perlite/water. The saucer isn't tall enough...

And use coco coir in the bags. Darn curiosity, still want to try it 😆

Currently out of ProMix HP, had just enough to set up four pails/solo cups and the GST rebate is due in a couple of weeks, perfect timing :yahoo:

Then find some thin waterproof material to cut a cover for the pail around the bag. Green algae may not affect anything but it bothers me 😆

The question then becomes will the wicking action work well enough to keep the coco coir "wet" all the way to the top of the bag without top watering ?

Or just top water to run off everytime, a small but regular "flush" ?

That should be easy enough to monitor. It's not like I'm not in there six times a day anyway 😆

That's the plan, for today !

Cheers

Almost done here with Channel+.. Then I'll probably return to the SIP club for the next grow.
Winter is coming, I'm gonna move things back to the small tent upstairs for a scrog as that location keeps warm enough.
I think I'm gonna try out Biokultura which is a soil I can get here that only has a bit of peat sustainably sourced and it's composed of organic manure, tree compost, green compost, seaweed, volcanic rock and coco and peat.
And I'm gonna see how far that plus water takes me.
IMG_1726310291091.JPEG

Thanks for that @Fudo Myoo !

I'm now thinking to take a 5 gallon pail, pour in a gallon of water and enough perlite to come up to the top of the water, measure that and cut it off a couple of inches higher.

Then I can drill a drain hole at the level of the perlite/water. The saucer isn't tall enough...

And use coco coir in the bags. Darn curiosity, still want to try it 😆

Currently out of ProMix HP, had just enough to set up four pails/solo cups and the GST rebate is due in a couple of weeks, perfect timing :yahoo:

Then find some thin waterproof material to cut a cover for the pail around the bag. Green algae may not affect anything but it bothers me 😆

The question then becomes will the wicking action work well enough to keep the coco coir "wet" all the way to the top of the bag without top watering ?

Or just top water to run off everytime, a small but regular "flush" ?

That should be easy enough to monitor. It's not like I'm not in there six times a day anyway 😆

That's the plan, for today !

Cheers
Sounds like a good plan. Mines less than a 1/4 coir and they retain water great with only wood chips up top. The only problem with using bags with sips I can foresee is the drying. Using bags might require more top watering.
That said, my sips drain the reservoirs regardless of how much I top water. Like lately I’ve been having to top water more because of the gnats. Last time I watered a gallon over the top and 1.5 in the reservoirs. This morning when I went to water the soil was still moist and the reservoirs were bone dry. That’s almost every other day. I guess what I’m trying to say is it doesn’t matter. I think they just prefer to drink from the bottom once they reach it. If you’re in there all the time anyway just keep them wet. They’ll benefit from the extra air from the bags.

Hello All! Atp I dont know what to do or whats the issue forreal is it roots/watering isit lockout is it the fungus gnat problem i tried just water i tried foliar spray i tried neem oil are the lights too close all help is appreciated
Oh wow, this looks serious. What kind of SIP setup do you have? What medium are you growing in, and what are you feeding?

OK, I see your link now in your signature. It reminds me of another grower on the forum here who was having trouble in a coco grow with what looked like a boron problem. One would think that your organic soil would provide enough boron. Boron and calcium are interrelated. You've also got the droop associated with boron. What's in the nutes that you are feeding? Do you feel like you're feeding enough? How's your reservoir level? Are plants drinking normally?

this looks like a boron pattern to me
1726535243288.png

EDIT: See also

OK, I see your link now in your signature. It reminds me of another grower on the forum here who was having trouble in a coco grow with what looked like a boron problem. One would think that your organic soil would provide enough boron. Boron and calcium are interrelated. You've also got the droop associated with boron. What's in the nutes that you are feeding? Do you feel like you're feeding enough? How's your reservoir level? Are plants drinking normally?

this looks like a boron pattern to me
1726535243288.png

EDIT: See also
I spreaded some castings and bas craft blend and watered in :thanks::nervous-guy:

I think probably the typical cases for boron deficiency are not enough water, a pH problem, or over-fertilizing. Also, low humidity. All these situations assume that the plants are getting enough boron either from the soil, added nutes, or from the water. Yeah, both kelp and worm castings would be a good source. Build-A-Soil Craft Blend contains kelp meal and other goodies... you should be in good shape, provided enough water, proper pH, etc.

Back
Top Bottom