The Everything SWICK Club: 2023 And Beyond

WooHoo!

I have been coming to the Swick meetings for a few months now, hanging in the back for the Coffee and Snacks! My Sponsor recommended I come clean and admit ....

Here Goes...

Hi, my name is MedScientist, and I have been a closet Swicker for a while now! Although, in the closet, I run a recirculating, top feed system, and use the microfiber wicks to primarily pull the PWT out of the buckets, so I can top feed every couple hours for Explosive growth!

Last year, or so, with recreational laws allowing outdoor grows, I bought a tent and tried soil. 😔 To ME, soil just complicates things, and the results were just OK? So this year, I modified by bucket system so each site has its own reservoir, removed the top feed and Master res, lengthened my wicks, and stuck with Turface as my medium, in 1 gal fiber grow bags, in a bucket, in a bucket, in a bucket!

I am still working out some kinks... reducing air gap, adding additional wicks, and manually drawing from the res to top water daily, to keep up with demand!

WTF! While I am writing this, and enjoying my Bong.. I had an actual skunk waltz right past my chair in the garage. The funny part, besides all the jokes my family is throwing at me about the smell in here (not the skunk, but the skunky smell), is I though it was my cat, and I reached down to pet it! 🤣

Anywho... I forgot where I was at... here is a pic!

1719288803613.png

Edited.... cause man, I forgot!

This is Day 118, from seed!

Very nice! and clean. By the description it sounds like a SipSwick Bucket-to-Bucket grow system.
Using Turface ? I need to check this stuff out. Can this Turface be washed and re-used for another grow?
Thanks for info!

Very nice! and clean. By the description it sounds like a SipSwick Bucket-to-Bucket grow system.
Using Turface ? I need to check this stuff out. Can this Turface be washed and re-used for another grow?
Thanks for info!
WooHoo!

Yes! I have been using the same MVP Turface since 2010. I do a couple H2O2 washes after harvest to float the roots so I can scoop them out. It also removes all impurities, and cleans the medium.

IMHO, Turface is the BEST and Easiest Medium for growing cannabis! 😍

I modified by bucket system so each site has its own reservoir, removed the top feed and Master res, lengthened my wicks, and stuck with Turface as my medium, in 1 gal fiber grow bags, in a bucket, in a bucket, in a bucket!

nice @MedScientist can you explain the bag in a bucket n a bucket in a bucket thing a little more?

Used the infiniti self watering bases with swick the last grow. It was challenging to move the pits daily ince the girls were in flower and filling the tent.

I had issues with some plant roots growing into the swick, through the seick and into the base.

17 days since last cleaning one one plant, only time it did it.
Screenshot_20240625_124746_Photos.jpg

One of the others, at harvest, and 22 days since last cleaning
Screenshot_20240625_124908_Chrome.jpg

For the next grow, I'll use the Infiniti fabric pots instead of an off brand. Also, I think if I let the base go dry before refilling it may help. Thoughts?

Plants were big so I can't really complain. :)

Used the infiniti self watering bases with swick the last grow. It was challenging to move the pits daily ince the girls were in flower and filling the tent.

I had issues with some plant roots growing into the swick, through the seick and into the base.

17 days since last cleaning one one plant, only time it did it.
Screenshot_20240625_124746_Photos.jpg

One of the others, at harvest, and 22 days since last cleaning
Screenshot_20240625_124908_Chrome.jpg

For the next grow, I'll use the Infiniti fabric pots instead of an off brand. Also, I think if I let the base go dry before refilling it may help. Thoughts?

Plants were big so I can't really complain. :)
Hey Tim. I definitely think letting the base go dry is the way to go. I would not let it sit dry for extended periods though.

nice @MedScientist can you explain the bag in a bucket n a bucket in a bucket thing a little more?
WooHoo!

I could have just used the grow bag over a res bucket, like many do, but by putting it in the red bucket, it adds stability, and gives me something to tie to. As my plants tend to get Large.

1719335636668.png

1719335692642.png

I added the grow bags, instead of just using the red bucket for medium because... I don't need all the extra medium, and it will give a little flexibility to the root zone space. I usually use 1/2 gallon plastic containers, but the root zone gets pretty tight, restricting flow after 8/9 weeks veg and 8/9 weeks 12/12.

1719335734032.png

I use a 2 gallon bucket with many holes, inserted into 4 or 5 gallon bucket to separate medium from the Res, Instead of using risers. (the white buckets)

1719338274381.png

Back
Top Bottom