AIO vs DIY Monotub: Purple Mystic Takes On Blue Meanie Cubes

Hi Tok, I'm not too far behind me either, lol, or where I would have been if not for the bad grain. The replacement arrived today and I'll inoculate it with Blue Meanie Cubes tomorrow, Friday the 13th.:morenutes:

Mischief managed... the replacement grain bag looks ok, so I went through the wipe down/cleaning routine and injected 10cc of Blue Meanie Cubes liquid culture this evening.

BlueMeanieCubes20240913_201240r.jpg

This is day 14 for the Purple Mystic AIO bag. Sunday looks good for mixing it.

PurpleMystic20240913_200006r.jpg

Found a lot of moisture had accumulated at the bottom of the BMC grain bag, so I flipped it over 180 degrees to keep the water content more evenly distributed throughout the bag. Probably a good idea to do this once a day in this case. No sign of mycelium yet.

BMC20240914_194430r.jpg

Well, I got out the grain bag that arrived contaminated, looked at it and thought to myself, "what the hell. why not." Why not steam pasteurize it for 2 or 3 hours and shoot it up with the spare Purple Mystic syringe? And I agreed with myself that is a very good idea, because what are ya gonna do with an extra PM syringe just waiting in the fridge for some grain to chomp on.

So there you have it. And here I am at 10:30PM on a Saturday night, watching steaming contaminated grain. :rofl:

I'll cover it with a towel and leave it to cool overnight before inoculating it.

SteamedGrain20240914_223523r.jpg

The task is done and it's day one for the "X bag". I'm naming it the "X bag" and marked it with an X so I know this is the one that was contaminated and needs to be isolated and watched closely. I steamed it for 2-2/3 hours last night and inoculated it a few minutes ago.

PurpleMysticXbag20240915_150255r.jpg

The task is done and it's day one for the "X bag". I'm naming it the "X bag" and marked it with an X so I know this is the one that was contaminated and needs to be isolated and watched closely. I steamed it for 2-2/3 hours last night and inoculated it a few minutes ago.

PurpleMysticXbag20240915_150255r.jpg
Fingers crossed on that one 1️⃣ and would really hate to see Purple 🧙 Mystics go bad. Especially since they are so good 😊 :surf: :woohoo: CL🍀

Using a 5x loupe to inspect the bag, I can see the grain that was infected and the remains of the organism on the surface. I'm pretty certain it was an unknown fungal mycelium and came from spores so heat should have killed it and 99.99% of all bacteria for that matter.

I'm also reasonably sure whatever infectious spores that got in have already hatched so all I had to do is heat it too kill the bug. Should have used the pressure cooker, but it's big and heavy, and I'm small and lazy so I used a large pot with a grill to set the bag on.

If the bug isn't dead there will be major international conflict within this bag, and my Purple Mystic culture should have the strength in numbers now, lol. It will be fun to watch! 🍄:popcorn: 🍄

I'm very curious to see how the Cubensis mycelium will react when it reaches the "contam zone".

Fingers crossed on that one 1️⃣ and would really hate to see Purple 🧙 Mystics go bad. Especially since they are so good 😊 :surf: :woohoo: CL🍀
No worries, CL! I have a 5Lb All-In-One of Purple Mystic almost ready to mix today as well! :thumb:

Using a 5x loupe to inspect the bag, I can see the grain that was infected and the remains of the organism on the surface. I'm pretty certain it was an unknown fungal mycelium and came from spores so heat should have killed it and 99.99% of all bacteria for that matter.

I'm also reasonably sure whatever infectious spores that got in have already hatched so all I had to do is heat it too kill the bug. Should have used the pressure cooker, but it's big and heavy, and I'm small and lazy.

If the bug isn't dead there will be major international conflict within this bag, and my Purple Mystic culture should have the strength in numbers now, lol. It will be fun to watch! 🍄:popcorn: 🍄

I'm very curious to see how the Cubensis mycelium will react when it reaches the "contam zone".
I am very interested in this as well. I appreciate that you love to experiment and test things out like me!

I am very interested in this as well. I appreciate that you love to experiment and test things out like me!
There would be no science if not for experimentation! :cheer:

I thought about inoculating without pasteurization but figured that would give the Mongrel Horde the edge as it had grown to like 25% of the bag. So I cooked it and now the Purple Mystic Nation has the edge on the Mongrel Horde in the X-Bag universe. 🍄:popcorn:🍄

Only time will tell if the Great Thermal Cataclysm of Sept 14, 2024 did, in fact completely destroy the Mongrel Horde or if they will return to ravage the dawning Purple Mystic Nation... Stay tuned, folks! :party:

There would be no science if not for experimentation! :cheer:

I thought about inoculating without pasteurization but figured that would give the Mongrel Horde the edge as it had grown to like 25% of the bag. So I cooked it and now the Purple Mystic Nation has the edge on the Mongrel Horde in the X-Bag universe. 🍄:popcorn:🍄

Only time will tell if the Great Thermal Cataclysm of Sept 14, 2024 did, in fact completely destroy the Mongrel Horde or if they will return to ravage the dawning Purple Mystic Nation... Stay tuned, folks! :party:
Long live the Purple Nation of Mystics 🧙 and death ☠️ to the dispised Mongrel Hordes. :surf: :woohoo: CL🍀

Awesome. We can have a Purple Mystic party soon! 😎 Mine are dried and ready to munch.
we're gonna need us some robes with mystical symbols & some pointy hats & magic staffs 🧙‍♀️ . oh, and some lemons for lemon tekers🍋.

we're gonna need us some robes with mystical symbols & some pointy hats & magic staffs 🧙‍♀️ . oh, and some lemons for lemon tekers🍋.
A word of caution ⚠️ about the lemon tek method! I advise you not use too many of the 🍄s unless you’re wanting a ride into a different dimension. :surf: :woohoo: CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom