Bravo mate! Congratulations on your harvest, and the fruits curing now. I am in the same situation and have also minimized mold/worm losses this time around! It's been great watching you grow, it is a cozy and magical garden in the Sun that you have there.
Best of luck to a good cure and Cheers!
:cheer:

Bravo mate! Congratulations on your harvest, and the fruits curing now. I am in the same situation and have also minimized mold/worm losses this time around! It's been great watching you grow, it is a cozy and magical garden in the Sun that you have there.
Best of luck to a good cure and Cheers!
:cheer:
Thanks RL, getting the worms and molds under control was vital and part of why the garden was much better this year. It takes a lot of work just to do 15 medium sized plants, so keeping them medium sized helped. I could have grown monsters, but i decided it was too much work. Next years garden will have a different look with the raised beds and mosquito netting. Time to sew peas, broccoli rabb, radish beets and leafy veggies, also bulbs go in the ground.

sounds like your chuffed with the results,

well done mate

Very pleased indeed don, very pleased indeed.

Good times, good friends, good food ,and good buds, in The Magic Garden ,so blessed to be here.

edit: did i say 15? i meant 32, frack im tired.:trance:

Weighed an eighth out for each week of the year. 52 8ths put away to cure , and I still have hella buds and trim to process, about 4 times as much, and that's just for me. Damn good season this year, hope to repeat it next year.
I started work out back, cutting down the fennel was the 1st chore. I had to cut it to give the Sharks Breath room and sun. She started flowering a little I was beginning to harvest. She is one month into flowering. I am leaving her outdoors to see if we can grow SB late here.
Second chore was more harvesting. Yup, i left a lot of popcorn on the plants, which turned into big nugs. feeling tired and sore, and trying not to do anything today.:peace:

Doubled down on the med storage, I now have 12 ounces set aside as my minimum. I wanted a cushion for hard days.
Strains Grown this year are as follows, most are my crosses from last year. I have left some buds on to see what they look like super ripe.
Female listed first in crosses
Seed my cross Romulan x Sour D. , she's a keeper, and is very effective for pain and mood. Looking forward to the cure and its effects.
Seed my cross Strawberry Cough x Sour D. , damn girl, sweet and skunky, this one will get you funky, and your butt will want to move.
Seed my cross Hash Plant / G13 x Sour D (my Purple Fairy), she turned purple, but later than i like for Oakland's climate, she is potent. She did give me veragated leaves, but the flowers needed longer.
Seed Durban Poison, always a winner, but the buds for me are too light and airy.
Seed my cross Durban Poison x Sour D. now we're talkin! This one is a winner as well. Sweet anise and bubblegum smell combined with a denser nug, closer nodes ,and more branching.
Seed my cross Peruvian #2 x Sour D. Damn ! Another stellar cross of a land-race with a proven stable winner.
Seed Sour D, always one of my faves, and does not disappoint.
Seed my cross Omrita Rx 3 x Peruvian #2, very stoney and lemony, a shorter bush than the Peruvian, closer nodes, denser nugs, oh yeah!
Seed my cross, Blue Dream x Sour D , this one smells like cheese, and i love cheese.
Clone Super Lemon Haze , in a pot ,she got pulled near the end, she was a small plant and had a spider-mite infestation. This was three weeks after stopping the SNS systemic treatment and at the height of a heat wave.
Clone Blue Berry, nuf said.
Clone The White, eh, had mold problems near the end, none of my other plants did. The buds that were harvested proved to be decent and stoney. But the mold issue puts her out.
Clone Ogre, holy shit balls, one of the most narcotic of the group, great pain killer and mood lifter.
Clone Omrita Rx 3 ,she is always in my grow from now on.
Clone ACDC , this plant is not a normal cannabis or hemp like plant. This one vines out like a tomato plant. The buds are very open and airy, and covered in trics. She is also very bushy and put out a bunch of leaves. At 20 % CBD she is a keeper.
Papaya, not impressed with the size.
I might be leaving some out , I will update later after a bowl and a search or what eva.

Got busy with my MB2. I can now make cookies in a snap, had to use a few recipes till I found what i liked, then added to it. I also learned that I can combine good lotion(animal cruelty free \ vegan) and cannabis infused coconut oil to make a canna lotion. I used a one to one ratio, one tbs of canna oil, one of lotion. Works real good, so good i made some for my small patient collective .

Congratulations on being able to sustain yourself and others!!!

Well boy howdy! I went to my fave dispensary on the off chance that Platinum Cookies 21% THC (Platinum OG x Cookies) were still in stock. Picked up a gram, busted it up for a fattie, and found 4 viable looking seeds. Platinum Og was reported to have over 24% or 26% THC ,I think. These flowers were indoor, males culled. One of the ladies made some pollen. Possibility of feminized Platinum Cookies is pretty cool.
:)"Never tell me the odds kid" Han Solo.

Cool you got a harvest in. Hey I tried something new this year and I haven't seen a worm since. Captain Jack's dead bug brew. Worked for me. I sprayed my outdoor girls 3 weeks before harvest and for the first time no worms period. You can bet I'm going to use it again next year. Congratulations on another harvest my friend. Rep's++ and Keepem Green

Cool you got a harvest in. Hey I tried something new this year and I haven't seen a worm since. Captain Jack's dead bug brew. Worked for me. I sprayed my outdoor girls 3 weeks before harvest and for the first time no worms period. You can bet I'm going to use it again next year. Congratulations on another harvest my friend. Rep's++ and Keepem Green

Captain Jack uses Spinosad. Its been shown to cause decrease in testicle size and produces lesions in the testicles ,causing a drop in healthy sperm count.

Hey Smoke, do me a favor send me that link on that read if you have it available. I do have to say this just about everything, including most salt based fertilizers and even organics are bad for you to some degree. I wonder how much heavies they leave behind err well you know, Hell there are heavies in just about everything we use, Even our tap water. What a minute, you drink Hetchy or EBMUD? JK fact is Hetch Hetchy is the cleanest drinking water in the nation followed by Bull Run water shed, Portland. Least was last time I heard tell. The reading I did, I couldn't find anything about that. I didn't dig real deep, but I know that just about everything any more they say is bad for you. Even the air we breath causes cancer. But I'd love to read about it knowledge is always a good thing. Good keeping a ear out. One thing about me, I understand I myself put so many toxins in me that it's probably way down there on the list. GL and Keepem Green

Hey Smoke, do me a favor send me that link on that read if you have it available. I do have to say this just about everything, including most salt based fertilizers and even organics are bad for you to some degree. I wonder how much heavies they leave behind err well you know, Hell there are heavies in just about everything we use, Even our tap water. What a minute, you drink Hetchy or EBMUD? JK fact is Hetch Hetchy is the cleanest drinking water in the nation followed by Bull Run water shed, Portland. Least was last time I heard tell. The reading I did, I couldn't find anything about that. I didn't dig real deep, but I know that just about everything any more they say is bad for you. Even the air we breath causes cancer. But I'd love to read about it knowledge is always a good thing. Good keeping a ear out. One thing about me, I understand I myself put so many toxins in me that it's probably way down there on the list. GL and Keepem Green

no problemo, Spinosad Insecticide: Subchronic and Chronic Toxicity and Lack of Carcinogenicity in CD-1 Mice and Spinosad Insecticide: Subchronic and Chronic Toxicity and Lack of Carcinogenicity in Fischer 344 Rats
have fun reading, both of these links go to studies, what you want to read is about half way down its where they discus results, the beginning is a description of what they did and methods used. :popcorn:

Thanks for the read Smoke. Great link. Like I said, I know that everything is bad for ya anymore. This stuff does dissipate after awhile. But like most things that kill bugs there has to be something toxic in it, whether it bug spray or fertilizers organic or synthetic. I don't know if you amend your soils with guanos but If you read a bag of bat guano or seabird guano, etc., they all cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive problems if ingested, smoked or inhaled. I got a feeling it's kind of like doing tests on monkeys smoking cigarettes. I use mine like 2-3 weeks before harvest and I'd imagine it's all washed off or dissipated by harvest. I hate them louper worms. I've grown a lot of outdoor crops over the last 35 years and I always hated seeing them buggers jumping out the buds as they dry. Watch out for them stem borers. They do some ugly damage. One year I remember I was growing acouple plants in the yard of a new home I was buying in the town of Tracy. Well it was brand new and was no cover to hide it in in the whole yard cept a evergreen bush that had grown over my fence from the neighbors in the corner. Well I shoved her up close to hide her alittle and two days later I looked out and the whole plant was covered in webs. Turns out that evergreen had them tent caterpillars. Man didn't take long for them to take up residence in my poor weed plant. Ended up losing that one, Life. Well thanks for the info. I'll tell ya it's alittle scary to go to that heavy metals site, what is it aafc/metals I think. Just about every fertilizer around is on there. I've come to the conclusion everything causes cancers. We pump tons of chemicals into the air which makes just about everything that breaths grows or lives is a cancer causing agent. Thanks and GL Stay down with your bad ass growing in that area Keepem Green

Thanks for the read Smoke. Great link. Like I said, I know that everything is bad for ya anymore. This stuff does dissipate after awhile. But like most things that kill bugs there has to be something toxic in it, whether it bug spray or fertilizers organic or synthetic. I don't know if you amend your soils with guanos but If you read a bag of bat guano or seabird guano, etc., they all cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive problems if ingested, smoked or inhaled. I got a feeling it's kind of like doing tests on monkeys smoking cigarettes. I use mine like 2-3 weeks before harvest and I'd imagine it's all washed off or dissipated by harvest. I hate them louper worms. I've grown a lot of outdoor crops over the last 35 years and I always hated seeing them buggers jumping out the buds as they dry. Watch out for them stem borers. They do some ugly damage. One year I remember I was growing acouple plants in the yard of a new home I was buying in the town of Tracy. Well it was brand new and was no cover to hide it in in the whole yard cept a evergreen bush that had grown over my fence from the neighbors in the corner. Well I shoved her up close to hide her alittle and two days later I looked out and the whole plant was covered in webs. Turns out that evergreen had them tent caterpillars. Man didn't take long for them to take up residence in my poor weed plant. Ended up losing that one, Life. Well thanks for the info. I'll tell ya it's alittle scary to go to that heavy metals site, what is it aafc/metals I think. Just about every fertilizer around is on there. I've come to the conclusion everything causes cancers. We pump tons of chemicals into the air which makes just about everything that breaths grows or lives is a cancer causing agent. Thanks and GL Stay down with your bad ass growing in that area Keepem Green

agreed... don't forget the sun, air and earth :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, i can see the light green seed covers, or chaff. Just under a week to go for minimum seed viability. I will wait till the end of November to harvest the seeded flowers. Smoke2Js Feminized Sharks Breath x Romulan Diesel on the way ,heh. Feeling blessed, doubly so, my room smells awesome, Sharks Breath hanging to dry, she got all purple in the cold.

Back
Top Bottom