Fire OG - JD Lightings

Re: Fire OG - BPN x JD Lightings - Joint Ops

yo the way you are bending that plant is crazy! great idea on marking the stick. This is a cool grow. feel like i could learn a thing or 2 gonna leave it in my sub folder. Keep up the hard work brotha!

Whats good ilikebike,

I just roll with the punches. If I run into a problem, I compromise, usually don't usually have money on hand, so when I need to do something right away, I get to improvising. The marking on the stick was what I thought up cus I didn't want to keep pulling out the measuring string so I put it to the stick that was going to have to be there already anyways.

I had to bend it down like that cus the shop that I picked her up from didn't know how to raise a plant right, MAJOR stretching, all of them looked a little sick, so this one I took cus it looked the worse out of all of them. So I went to do the bend and the stem snapped. couldn't even get it to a 90 degree bend, and it snapped... So I had to tie it in 2 different locations.

I am more than likely going to post up some updated shots cus the bulb is still not here, and I am getting tired of holding this journal up. I miss posting already.

I want to throw her into flower, it was my original plan with the light, I was going to veg til the bulb showed up here, then throw her into flower. But now I have to wait for the clone to root, and then I am going to try and do the 2L DWC Hempy with BPN Farmer's Pride Organics.

:peacetwo:
:peace2

I don't ever squeeze them I just watch them. You can tell when the mesh starts to dry out I mist them depending on if you have a heating mat under them they may dry out a little faster and you may need to mist 3 or 4 times a day.

Right now I'm using rapid rooters with a heating pad and humidity dome, first set 2/2 in about 8 days I think and the second set I have done this way have been 10 days and I'm seeing roots on 1/4 so far but they look very healthy.

:peace:

so don't squeeze em? I thought it was like rockwool where you can squeeze them.
No I don't have a heating pad, and I am using a humidity dome that I acquired from Wal-Mart's Bakery Dept. for FREE.99

so don't squeeze em? I thought it was like rockwool where you can squeeze them.
No I don't have a heating pad, and I am using a humidity dome that I acquired from Wal-Mart's Bakery Dept. for FREE.99

Your dome works as well as a dome for a tray. Yeah I never squeeze them I don't see the purpose. I get them good and wet maybe squeeze the excess out then put a cutting in then I just watch them you can see them change color when they start to dry out then just give them a good spraying not soaking them or anything.

On thing I will add I never mist the cutting just the pellet.

SUPER mini Update:

Pix only:

Fire OG cutting:
FC_32212.jpg

Super GDH:
S1_32212.jpg

Told you it was a mini update.

:hmmmm: umm... yea when I check for roots, and when I mist inside the dome? am I supposed to leave it off longer? I thought it had to stay at 95%+ RH for a better chance at roots? PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, I will run in and save that baby!!!

:hmmmm: umm... yea when I check for roots, and when I mist inside the dome? am I supposed to leave it off longer? I thought it had to stay at 95%+ RH for a better chance at roots? PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, I will run in and save that baby!!!

I'm trying to find what works best in my environment. With that said the last 2 times I have taken clones I kept the dome on for the first 2 days then opened up the vents on the side for a day then dome off till they root.

last time I took clones, 14 days later I still had no roots...
remember, I have a cake pan as a clone dome, so no vents were included in this particular model...

last time I took clones, 14 days later I still had no roots...
remember, I have a cake pan as a clone dome, so no vents were included in this particular model...

Put a pencil or something on each side to prop the dome up a little so air can move through and you have a vent.

Just posting this where I think it will help most...

This is a link to a Blog that I did for your signature.

Posting to your signature

Astonr420 wow Fire OG! Sought after strain. Must get this for my breeding program in the future. To answer your question about GLR for clones...yes it will work if the clone has roots. Not recommended for rooting clones (new info). Looking forward to your DWC Hempy organic!

Whats good Twelve12,

Thanks for chiming in. Yes sir, Fire OG. I have only had this strain 1 time, and it was great. So now I want to grow it out, and not to mention, when I had seen it all super stretched, I just knew that I had to save her.

Now she is in the tent, just loving her new home. I have started a cutting as you can tell, and for the rooting part, I stopped leaving her in there for roots, and now when it is lights out for mama, clone comes out and into another room where the light stays on, and right over it.

With that said, is 13 watts good enough for rooting? cus it comes out of the tent from 9am to 9pm and goes into the closet where I have a shelf under the light in there, and it is only 13 watts. The cutting goes in there from 9pm to 2:30am and then back in the tent for the 1 hour of light, then lights out at 3:30 til 9 again... this is good enough right??

13w CFL should be ok for one clone. Moving the clone in and out leaves room for irregularly in light cycle. Place the clone under a timer if you can in the veg area along with the mother(s). Look at your veg area see if there is space for one clone. Even if it sits in a cup of water under the same veg cycle should also work. Eliminate stress and potentially induce flowering while rooting.

Hey guys!

Looking good Aston! I am pleased to see that all my 420 grow buddies are still at it and from what I have been seeing, and obviously doing really well with your plants! :)

Wanted to stop by and let you know that I am back in action and posting again on here regularly. Stop by and say HI when you get a chance! Lots of new photos of my 2012 clone lineup for this year's outdoor grow.

I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a great season, and I am looking forward to getting back with the community and start participating in all your latest journals!

Take care and hope to hear from ya soon!

Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom