The garden must be coming in heavy this year brother S2Js! :cheer: :surf:

Oh yeah , it is indeed. I will have more pics soon. This is my Strawberry Couch Loch , Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel, one more of these bushes to go, I am letting one go just a bit longer than the other. At her base and around her I planted strawberries, Sungold tomatoes, Chamomile, a miniature red rose, , nicotiana , and Mexican marigold . Her aroma is complex, to say the least, it all actually blends together nicely.
DSCF19341.JPG
DSCF19363.JPG
DSCF19394.JPG

Tomorrow I have my Omrita Rx3 x Sour d, and a Sour D, then the floppy ACDC. Then I wait for the Eldorado Acapulco Gold and my Bigger Boat ( Sharks Breath x Romulan x Sour Diesel) to finish, then the frickin Peruvians in Feb or March, man i just realized ,I am growing hella weed. :tokin::tokin:

Wow :whoa:

I was wondering about something the last time I read that you put other garden plants near your outdoor weed plants. This is from "Plant Physiology":

In natural settings, roots are in continual communication with surrounding root systems of neighboring plant species and quickly recognize and prevent the presence of invading roots through chemical messengers. Allelopathy is mediated by the release of certain secondary metabolites by plant roots and plays an important role in the establishment and maintenance of terrestrial plant communities. It also has important implications for agriculture; the effects may be beneficial, as in the case of natural weed control, or detrimental, when allelochemicals produced by weeds affect the growth of crop plants.

Do you know by experience which plants have positive and negative exudates for cannabis, or is there a list out there somewhere that you go by (my guess would be either use a list for corn or tomato plants)?

Wow :whoa:

I was wondering about something the last time I read that you put other garden plants near your outdoor weed plants. This is from "Plant Physiology":

In natural settings, roots are in continual communication with surrounding root systems of neighboring plant species and quickly recognize and prevent the presence of invading roots through chemical messengers. Allelopathy is mediated by the release of certain secondary metabolites by plant roots and plays an important role in the establishment and maintenance of terrestrial plant communities. It also has important implications for agriculture; the effects may be beneficial, as in the case of natural weed control, or detrimental, when allelochemicals produced by weeds affect the growth of crop plants.

Do you know by experience which plants have positive and negative exudates for cannabis, or is there a list out there somewhere that you go by (my guess would be either use a list for corn or tomato plants)?

Now that is a great question. Mycorrhizas and their aid in resistance to toxicity from wiki.

Fungi have been found to have a protective role for plants rooted in soils with high metal concentrations, such as acidic and contaminated soils. Pine trees inoculated with Pisolithus tinctorius planted in several contaminated sites displayed high tolerance to the prevailing contaminant, survivorship and growth.[citation needed] One study discovered the existence of Suillus luteus strains with varying tolerance of zinc. Another study discovered that zinc-tolerant strains of Suillus bovinus conferred resistance to plants of Pinus sylvestris. This was probably due to binding of the metal to the extramatricial mycelium of the fungus, without affecting the exchange of beneficial substances.

Mycorrhiza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mushroom buffer is b'dass.

I use this companion planting list List of companion plants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and this beneficial weeds list List of beneficial weeds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia from wiki too.

Find the good plants that grow in your area, they will be the most tolerant to changes in local weather. Does that help any?

I'm thinking of getting a kitchen composter and using all my waste product from pot grows to make compost (root balls and all; I'll have to maybe use burnt cucumber peels or something to compensate for the buds I smoked and didn't toss in). Since mycos tend to migrate to plants that are beneficial to them, maybe using this as vermicompost in compost teas will colonize the specific types of microbial life I need to get better results here.
It would be nice to know what plants start growing near a weed plant and make the weed plant react like "Eff this!" and takes up the whole area with roots to compete against it. It'd be nice to plant stuff next to weed to get flavor and at the same time feed the weed plant beneficial exudates, too.

Harvest season oh yeah :circle-of-love:

Checked drying rack #2 buds were dry enough for jars, moved the buds to freezer bags as a temp home till I get my jars ready.
Weights before the cure will decrease, but only slightly. I am happy with the yield from each plant. Some were in less than optimal light and is reflected in the yield. All in all a great harvest of some great dank.
Strawberry Couch Loch #1, 6 1/4 Oz
Strawberry Couch Loch #2, 4 1/2 Oz
Blueberry Haze 3 3/4 Oz
Blue Dream x Sour Diesel 2 1/8 Oz aka Mikes Dream , Mike is a good friend I made this cross this for
Sour Diesel 2 1/8 Oz
Omrita Rx3 x Sour Diesel 1 5/8 Oz

For a total of 1 lb 4 3/8 Oz .

Oh wait, drying basket rack #1 has buds on all levels, another lb from that at least.
:thedoubletake::party::party::party::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::tokin::tokin:
This weekend Bigger Boat #1 and #2 come down, trics are 70% amber . They are expected to yield at least 1 lb each and fill both hanging basket racks and all hanging lines.
:party::party::party:

The 1st of two Bigger Boat is cut and hung in prep for trimmers tomorrow. Curing jars cleaned, gonna need more, a lot more. The 1st Bigger Boat fills up one side of the drying room. Hella branches with big buds, seemed like every time I took a branch, two popped up to take its place . Like it was in a semi-pocket plane with a THC powered stabilizer allowing simultaneous existence on two planes, hmm.

Very nice this Peruvian landrace :) My other pure sativa is going today, so yours will be ready pretty soon. It reminds me of Colombian pictures I saw, but all south American sativas are kind of next of kin. Enjoy fruits of your labor, my friend!

Back
Top Bottom