I'm trying to identify the taste and the best I can come up with is chalky. What's your take?

Also, I've found breaking up the teaspoon clump with the back of a fork into much smaller clumps helps it dissolve easier.

I'm trying to identify the taste and the best I can come up with is chalky. What's your take?

Also, I've found breaking up the teaspoon clump with the back of a fork into much smaller clumps helps it dissolve easier.
A hint of starchiness for me. Which makes sense because of what it's derived from.

I've just read that Tapioca starch is reported to dissolve better than malto made from corn in cold liquids, and is less prone to clumping.

I really need to get that Tapioca starch/flour and compare the two results. I held off because it's used as a thickener, but both of them are actually used to thicken sauces etc.

I'm making up Crepes today for a recipe later. The first always turns out misshaped. I had to make a 2nd batch because I couldn't stop nibbling on the first ones. :p

crepe-1.jpg

I made a second batch of the powder today, same basic recipe but scaled to 1T of oil rather than 3. So, 15T malto to 1T oil and I upped my extract to 2g per T rather than 1.66:1 so I'm at about 17mg per teaspoon.

I paused at the 1/3, 1/2 and 3/4 amount of malto to check the consistency and agree with @Lady Cannafan that you probably need the full 15:1. Lower amounts may work fine in a hot liquid like a stew but for general flexibility I'm going to stay with the standard for now.

I also tried the oil with two other carriers, brown sugar and molasses and probably prefer the molasses but that will require more testing as the sugar may prove more versatile.

I made a second batch of the powder today, same basic recipe but scaled to 1T of oil rather than 3. So, 15T malto to 1T oil and I upped my extract to 2g per T rather than 1.66:1 so I'm at about 17mg per teaspoon.

I paused at the 1/3, 1/2 and 3/4 amount of malto to check the consistency and agree with @Lady Cannafan that you probably need the full 15:1. Lower amounts may work fine in a hot liquid like a stew but for general flexibility I'm going to stay with the standard for now.

I also tried the oil with two other carriers, brown sugar and molasses and probably prefer the molasses but that will require more testing as the sugar may prove more versatile.
Just to be clear.
When you write 15T ( with the capital T), are you referring to Tablespoons or Teaspoons? I'm used to abbreviations of Tbs for Tablespoons, and tsp for Teaspoons. So I just want to make sure. Lol
Thanks for the update!

I use T for tablespoons and t for teaspoons and messed up the above description.

I actually used 5 or 6 to 1.

The original recipe worked out to be 3 Tablespoons of oil for me (though they specified it in grams) and 150 grams of powder. I mixed 'n matched because I make my oil by the tablespoon but wanted to see how many teaspoons were in the 150mg of malto the recipe called for since I dose in teaspoons. But to make the next batch it was much easier to measure it all in tablespoons since there are 3 teaspoons to the tablespoon, so 5 or 6 scoops rather than 50+.

150 mg of malto was 55 teaspoons divided into 3 tablespoons (or 9 teaspoons) of oil. So putting everything on the same metric 55/9 = 6.11.

Got myself turned around a bit there. :rolleyes:

STUFFED CREPES WITH THC INFUSED CHERRY SAUCE

Make your Crêpes

You will need enough crepes to feed the number of people you are serving. 1 of these stuffed Crêpes is plenty, but big eaters may prefer 2.

The recipe I use for Crêpes is:

Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ cup milk
  • ½ cup water
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

Whisk eggs, milk, water, and salt together in a large mixing bowl; add flour and butter and whisk vigorously until smooth.

You could also add all of the ingredients to a blender and process a few times using short bursts until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix, or your Crêpes will turn out tough.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crêpe.

Quickly tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

Cook until the top of the crêpe is no longer wet and the bottom has turned light brown, 1 to 2 minutes.

Run a spatula around the edge of the skillet to loosen the crêpe; flip and cook until the other side has turned light brown, about 1 minute more. Serve hot or cold.

Crêpes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days, or frozen for up to one month.

Cream Cheese Filling:

Ingredients:

8 oz. softened cream cheese
8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
1/3 C. sugar or sugar substitute like Splenda

Beat together until smooth, softened cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and Sugar.
You can mix any flavor you like to the cream cheese filling, I used 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.

Spread 1/2 of a Crêpe with the filling, then fold the plain half over the top for a half moon shape. Spread another layer of filling over 1 side of that, and then fold over the other half on top of it.

Or, Just spread the filling over the Crêpe, within a half inch or so from edges, and roll it up like a burrito.

Cherry Sauce

Ingredients:

Note:
The infusion is added at the end of cooking, not during the cooking down of the cherries and liquid.

20 ounces frozen pitted cherries thawed. Note: if using tart cherries you will need a little more sugar. I used frozen dark cherries in this recipe.
2⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup cranberry juice
1⁄3 cup water
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1⁄4 cup water
1-3 Tablespoons THC Powder depending on your tolerance level and THC %. Or, just use your preferred type of Cannabis infused carrier or THC dust. Use a dosage calculator if needed.
Note: If you are using tart cherries you will need a little more sugar. Add one Tbs. at a time until the tartness has mellowed enough for you.

Instructions:

• Bring the cherries, sugar, cranberry juice, and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat stirring often.
  • In a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the boiling cherry mixture and return to a boil stirring constantly.
  • Cook until thickened (about 1 minute or until it coats the back of a wooden spoon) Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and THC powder or your preferred infusion method. Remove from pan into another bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
  • Drizzle sauce with cherries over the top of the stuffed Crêpes and top with whipped cream, or dust with powdered sugar. Be generous with the sauce, that's where the goodies are hidden! You could be even bolder by sprinkling some of the THC Powder on top.

STUFFED CREPES WITH THC INFUSED CHERRY SAUCE

Make your Crêpes

You will need enough crepes to feed the number of people you are serving. 1 of these stuffed Crêpes is plenty, but big eaters may prefer 2.

The recipe I use for Crêpes is:

Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ cup milk
  • ½ cup water
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

Whisk eggs, milk, water, and salt together in a large mixing bowl; add flour and butter and whisk vigorously until smooth.

You could also add all of the ingredients to a blender and process a few times using short bursts until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix, or your Crêpes will turn out tough.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crêpe.

Quickly tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

Cook until the top of the crêpe is no longer wet and the bottom has turned light brown, 1 to 2 minutes.

Run a spatula around the edge of the skillet to loosen the crêpe; flip and cook until the other side has turned light brown, about 1 minute more. Serve hot or cold.

Crêpes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days, or frozen for up to one month.

Cream Cheese Filling:

Ingredients:

8 oz. softened cream cheese
8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
1/3 C. sugar or sugar substitute like Splenda

Beat together until smooth, softened cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and Sugar.
You can mix any flavor you like to the cream cheese filling, I used 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.

Spread 1/2 of a Crêpe with the filling, then fold the plain half over the top for a half moon shape. Spread another layer of filling over 1 side of that, and then fold over the other half on top of it.

Or, Just spread the filling over the Crêpe, within a half inch or so from edges, and roll it up like a burrito.

Cherry Sauce

Ingredients:

Note:
The infusion is added at the end of cooking, not during the cooking down of the cherries and liquid.

20 ounces frozen pitted cherries thawed. Note: if using tart cherries you will need a little more sugar. I used frozen dark cherries in this recipe.
2⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup cranberry juice
1⁄3 cup water
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1⁄4 cup water
1-3 Tablespoons THC Powder depending on your tolerance level and THC %. Or, just use your preferred type of Cannabis infused carrier or THC dust. Use a dosage calculator if needed.
Note: If you are using tart cherries you will need a little more sugar. Add one Tbs. at a time until the tartness has mellowed enough for you.

Instructions:

• Bring the cherries, sugar, cranberry juice, and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat stirring often.
  • In a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the boiling cherry mixture and return to a boil stirring constantly.
  • Cook until thickened (about 1 minute or until it coats the back of a wooden spoon) Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and THC powder or your preferred infusion method. Remove from pan into another bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
  • Drizzle sauce with cherries over the top of the stuffed Crêpes and top with whipped cream, or dust with powdered sugar. Be generous with the sauce, that's where the goodies are hidden! You could be even bolder by sprinkling some of the THC Powder on top.
And now for the Vegan recipe?

Hi. Just started following this journal and am excited to make some THC powder. I’m curious if you’ve made the Tapioca THC powder yet? That’s what I’m going to try but I have a question. I make large batches of THC MCT oil as well as 190 Alcohol infusions in my MBM. Once they are done I add liquid lecithin into the jars and stir it in. My question is, if my oil already has the lecithin in it, do I still need it in the recipes to make the powder? I’m super excited about this powder!

Hi. Just started following this journal and am excited to make some THC powder. I’m curious if you’ve made the Tapioca THC powder yet? That’s what I’m going to try but I have a question. I make large batches of THC MCT oil as well as 190 Alcohol infusions in my MBM. Once they are done I add liquid lecithin into the jars and stir it in. My question is, if my oil already has the lecithin in it, do I still need it in the recipes to make the powder? I’m super excited about this powder!
Hi BooWho2!
The recipe and instructions at RQS start with making the oil and includes the lecithin in that. So, I'm assuming you won't need more lecithin if your MCT oil already has it.
Lecithin is used as an emulsifier.

I haven't had the chance yet to make the powder from the tapioca starch.
I will try to get that done tomorrow morning and report back. :thumb:

I am looking forward to another user of the powder to give reports on the effects etc.

Thanks! I went ahead and made it. It was fairly easy - but pushing it through the sieve was a pain. Not sure if that is really necessary. I did mess up at the beginning and ended up making a double batch. Lol. I weighed my tapioca starch instead of measuring it. Turns out 250g on a scale is 2 cups and 250g on the measuring cup is 1 cup. So I added more oil and also added the lecithin per the recipe.
PXL_20240815_204043160.jpg

It mixed up pretty well - has a pie crust kind of texture.
PXL_20240815_210024193.jpg

Pushing it through the sieve was a pain but I got it done in about 30 minutes so not too bad (and it was a double batch).
PXL_20240815_213309571.jpg

This is the finished product. Looks like grated Parmesan. Now to figure out the dosage!

Thanks! I went ahead and made it. It was fairly easy - but pushing it through the sieve was a pain. Not sure if that is really necessary. I did mess up at the beginning and ended up making a double batch. Lol. I weighed my tapioca starch instead of measuring it. Turns out 250g on a scale is 2 cups and 250g on the measuring cup is 1 cup. So I added more oil and also added the lecithin per the recipe.
PXL_20240815_204043160.jpg

It mixed up pretty well - has a pie crust kind of texture.
PXL_20240815_210024193.jpg

Pushing it through the sieve was a pain but I got it done in about 30 minutes so not too bad (and it was a double batch).
PXL_20240815_213309571.jpg

This is the finished product. Looks like grated Parmesan. Now to figure out the dosage!
That did look a little more pasty putting it through the sieve than mine did with maltodextrin.
And I used powdered lecithin, not liquid. I don't know if that makes a difference, seems it would because it's a liquid that has to get absorbed.
Let us know if it dissolved okay for you too. :)

Back
Top Bottom