Good morning. I tried 1 tsp of the tapioca THC powder in my coffee. It just melted into it. I had a few sips and within 15 mins I was feeling it - a lot!

I’m not that great with the maths…. My oil was MCT infused with Dream Queen weed. The listed range of potency is 18% - 22%. I’m going to go with a 20% potency since I only make oils with buds/flower.
So, based on the chart below would that mean there is 10mg THC in each tsp?

1723819674053.png

Good morning. I tried 1 tsp of the tapioca THC powder in my coffee. It just melted into it. I had a few sips and within 15 mins I was feeling it - a lot!

I’m not that great with the maths…. My oil was MCT infused with Dream Queen weed. The listed range of potency is 18% - 22%. I’m going to go with a 20% potency since I only make oils with buds/flower.

1723819674053.png
I believe that's the way I figured it in an earlier post, I based mine at 19% THC and came up with about the same.
Happy to read that the powder did well for you!

In regards to liquid lecithin, does the liquid you buy have to be refrigerated once it's opened?

I've never had any, and tried to make my own. It worked....however, I put it in the pantry and a few days later it had gone bad with obvious mold building on the surface of it.
I'll try it again and refrigerate it.

I believe that's the way I figured it in an earlier post, I based mine at 19% THC and came up with about the same.
Happy to read that the powder did well for you!

In regards to liquid lecithin, does the liquid you buy have to be refrigerated once it's opened?

I've never had any, and tried to make my own. It worked....however, I put it in the pantry and a few days later it had gone bad with obvious mold building on the surface of it.
I'll try it again and refrigerate it.
Thank you! My liquid lecithin says to store in a cool dry place after opening. I've not been doing that, I keep it in the cabinet with my MBM and gummy/tincture making supplies and have never had an issue with it going bad.

1723819674053.png
I think the math in that chart is off, but the author didn't disclose the calculation.

5 grams of a 20% strain with 85% efficiency of extraction rate is:

5,000 x .20 x .85 = 850 mg total divided by 55 teaspoons = 15.45 mg per teaspoon.

So I have no idea how they calculated their numbers.

I think the math in that chart is off, but the author didn't disclose the calculation.

5 grams of a 20% strain with 85% efficiency of extraction rate is:

5,000 x .20 x .85 = 850 mg total divided by 55 teaspoons = 15.45 mg per teaspoon.

So I have no idea how they calculated their numbers.
I think we had discussed this awhile back, if I'm not mistaken. You had tagged them for the info, if I remember correctly.
I don't believe we got a response though.

Maybe we should recreate the chart. LOL

I think we had discussed this awhile back, if I'm not mistaken. You had tagged them for the info, if I remember correctly.
I don't believe we got a response though.

Maybe we should recreate the chart. LOL
It would be easy enough to do, but using the simple formula gives users unlimited flexibility as to amount of bud used and potency of the bud.

That did look a little more pasty putting it through the sieve than mine did with maltodextrin.
And I used powdered lecithin, not liquid. I don't know if that makes a difference, seems it would because it's a liquid that has to get absorbed.
Let us know if it dissolved okay for you too. :)
This thc powder is very good news to me. I'm going to try it. Do you think I can use soy lecithin instead of sunflower? I am struggling to get hold of sunflower lecithin powder.

This thc powder is very good news to me. I'm going to try it. Do you think I can use soy lecithin instead of sunflower? I am struggling to get hold of sunflower lecithin powder.
You totally can. The knock on soy is that most of the world's supply is GMO.

I use sunflower lecithin liquid (more of a syrup) that I got on The River.

In oils and fatty liquids it will work great as an emulsifier, however, I've read that it is not very soluble in water.

Let us know how you did with this and how quickly the effects happened for you, if you can.

I would like to get more feedback as users experience it to see if the bioavailability is indeed faster. :thumb:

You totally can. The knock on soy is that most of the world's supply is GMO.

I use sunflower lecithin liquid (more of a syrup) that I got on The River.
I don't mind GMO since it's already a large part of my diet. However, I am concerned about the following info from Lady Cannafan. It's a problem if it is not water soluble
In oils and fatty liquids it will work great as an emulsifier, however, I've read that it is not very soluble in water.

Let us know how you did with this and how quickly the effects happened for you, if you can.

I would like to get more feedback as users experience it to see if the bioavailability is indeed faster. :thumb:
Cool, thanks. I'll report back when I find the right lecithin! Sunflower lecithin is not sold in South Africa as anything other than food supplement capsules. I can only get liquid soy, nothing else. I don't want to waste weed!

I don't mind GMO since it's already a large part of my diet. However, I am concerned about the following info from Lady Cannafan. It's a problem if it is not water soluble

Cool, thanks. I'll report back when I find the right lecithin! Sunflower lecithin is not sold in South Africa as anything other than food supplement capsules. I can only get liquid soy, nothing else. I don't want to waste weed!
You should be fine with it. ;-)

I've just finished a batch of powder using the Tapioca starch instead of Maltodextrin, and I think I like the consistency better for sure.
I'll post some pics in a bit.

THC Powder Using Tapioca Starch

I followed this Recipe:

EQUIPMENT​

• Mixing bowl
  • Whisk or wooden spoon (I used a large metal spoon)
  • Measuring cup or digital scale
  • Mesh sieve or flower sifter

INGREDIENTS​

• 30-60ml cannabis oil (infused MCT oil works best, but any infused oil will get the job done)
  • 250g of tapioca maltodextrin (a food-grade starch powder derived from tapioca, similar to potato or corn starch powder)
  • 1 teaspoon of liquid or powdered sunflower lecithin (a natural emulsifier derived form sunflowers that's amphiphilic, meaning it is soluble in both water and fat)

Mix the Tapioca starch and Lecithin in a bowl, combining well. (I tried my Kitchenaid mixer, and that was not the best way to mix this up)
Using a large spoon, drizzle the Cannabis oil into the powder a little at a time, mixing and smashing the powder as you go. If you put it in all at once, it's going to make a lot of extra work for you trying to combine it.

Once it's well mixed start running it through a sieve into another large bowl. Use the large spoon to swirl and gently push it around in the sieve to get it through. Once it starts getting clumpy and thickish, I found it very helpful to add a large spoonful of already sifted powder to the sieve and mixing it around again. I did that a couple of times and it did help from getting a stuck layer in the mesh of the sieve.

I think this is more of a powder consistency than the maltodextrin was. I will be putting some in liquid later to see how it performs.

Once it starts getting clumpy and thickish, I found it very helpful to add a large spoonful of already sifted powder to the sieve and mixing it around again. I did that a couple of times and it did help from getting a stuck layer in the mesh of the sieve.
Good tip right there. :thanks:

Okay, I took 1/4 tsp. of the Tapioca Starch THC Powder and mixed it into about 12 oz. cold water.
It did dissolve immediately while I stirred it around a few times with a glass bar stir rod.
There was no residue on the glass stir rod after sitting a few minutes, and only a minor slight residue on the edges of the liquid.
No oil floating or anything like that, so I think this is a good recipe for sure.
The taste of the powder has absolutely no sweetness. It's bland with a hint of weed. Opening the jar, you definitely get a weed smell. LOL

Okay, I took 1/4 tsp. of the Tapioca Starch THC Powder and mixed it into about 12 oz. cold water.
It did dissolve immediately while I stirred it around a few times with a glass bar stir rod.
There was no residue on the glass stir rod after sitting a few minutes, and only a minor slight residue on the edges of the liquid.
Did you find it easier to dissolve than the plain malto?

I think they are pretty much the same on that aspect. After letting it sit for a bit in the cold drink, I found a bit settled on the bottom of the glass, but stirring again resolved that. Warm or hot liquids should be perfect.
Ok, thanks.

I'm going to also experiment a bit with sugar and molasses as carriers as well. The more I read about malto the less I like of the chemical, processed nature of the stuff.

You should be fine with it. ;-)

I've just finished a batch of powder using the Tapioca starch instead of Maltodextrin, and I think I like the consistency better for sure.
I'll post some pics in a bit.
Morning :)
Do you think I could use corn starch instead of tapioca starch? These ingredients are hard to find so far.

Back
Top Bottom