And how many teaspoons or tablespoons
was that, any idea?

By weight 150 grams equals 5.291 ounces so that makes sense.

But ounces can also be a volume measurement as in 2 tablespoons or 6 teaspoons to the ounce and that's what we need to know to calculate dosage if we are going to dose by teaspoon rather than a scale.
Maybe this chart helps? There is a measure for tapioca starch in the chart, along with flour etc.

Maybe this chart helps? There is a measure for tapioca starch in the chart, along with flour etc.

Nice chart. :thumb: But alas, no maltodextrin on the list. :confused:

But your 3 grams per teaspoon is close enough to my 2.816 to be a rounding error, so I'm confident we're both on the same page.

So for me, the next step is maximizing the available cannabinoids in the oil which would lead to either a higher per teaspoon dose, OR needing less than a teaspoon for a given dose.

To my way of thinking, to maximize the strength of the oil leading to less malto required per dose one needs to grow a very healthy plant (ideally high brix), drought the plant at end of flower, and maximize the bud to oil ratio when extracting.

All quite doable.

I'm finding the finished powder clumps in small bits if not rescreened at use, and that it seems less noticeable in foods and sauces than liquids like juice and water so I'll plan on that extra step and see how it goes.

Nice chart. :thumb: But alas, no maltodextrin on the list. :confused:

But your 3 grams per teaspoon is close enough to my 2.816 to be a rounding error, so I'm confident we're both on the same page.

So for me, the next step is maximizing the available cannabinoids in the oil which would lead to either a higher per teaspoon dose, OR needing less than a teaspoon for a given dose.

To my way of thinking, to maximize the strength of the oil leading to less malto required per dose one needs to grow a very healthy plant (ideally high brix), drought the plant at end of flower, and maximize the bud to oil ratio when extracting.

All quite doable.

I'm finding the finished powder clumps in small bits if not rescreened at use, and that it seems less noticeable in foods and sauces than liquids like juice and water so I'll plan on that extra step and see how it goes.
Yeah, I was hoping the maltodextrin would be on that chart. So, I figured the Tapioca starch might be close enough.
I don't have any tapioca starch to compare consistency to the malto. Not sure if it's more flour consistency or Malto. There is a difference in the malto and flour for sure.

And I'm wondering now if I had zeroed out the scale when using the teaspoon yesterday. It was a total of 3 grams, but I subtracted 1 full gram for what the teaspoon weighed. I could have boo-boo'd there. Shoulda just poured the powder on the scale. Shoulda-woulda-coulda LOL

Shoulda just poured the powder on the scale. Shoulda-woulda-coulda LOL
That's what I do. I put a small container on the scale, zero it out, and then pour the powder into that container. Easy to dump back into the main bottle after weighing.

Today I tried dumping a straight teaspoon of powder into a glass of hot water and it dissolved quite well even without rescreening it.

The small clumps I get in cold water would make me concerned about how well it would be distributed in a recipe that makes for multiple items like baked goods since the clumping would make individual servings quite different if the powder isn't evenly distributed.

Something to keep in mind with this as an input.

Today I tried dumping a straight teaspoon of powder into a glass of hot water and it dissolved quite well even without rescreening it.

The small clumps I get in cold water would make me concerned about how well it would be distributed in a recipe that makes for multiple items like baked goods since the clumping would make individual servings quite different if the powder isn't evenly distributed.

Something to keep in mind with this as an input.
Thanks Azi! I think I will put my cold drinks in the bullet blender and wiz it up a second or two. I have drink glasses that fit on it. That should get rid of any clumps. I'm actually trying some lemonade today. It's going to be hot and muggy here again.

Thanks Azi! I think I will put my cold drinks in the bullet blender and wiz it up a second or two. I have drink glasses that fit on it. That should get rid of any clumps. I'm actually trying some lemonade today. It's going to be hot and muggy here again.
That's a great idea. My clumps settled to the bottom of my glass so watch for that although for single servings like your lemonade it probably doesn't matter if it clumps or not other than the taste and texture of said clumps. :thumb:

That's a great idea. My clumps settled to the bottom of my glass so watch for that although for single servings like your lemonade it probably doesn't matter if it clumps or not other than the taste and texture of said clumps. :thumb:
I put some powder in a glass of lemonade last night, without sifting it. It did clump and sink to the bottom. I stirred it around vigorously and left it sit for about 5 minutes. Stirred it again and it had all dissolved.
So, I'm not going to fret too much about soft clumping.
I also tried one glass in the bullet blender after vigorous stirring, and that worked out very well. No tiny clumps at all.
I'm sure with warm or hot beverages this will not be a problem, but I will test those soon as well.

I did not drink the lemonade last night, I made it a bit too late to give it a proper go. Maybe today.

My favorite beverage in winter is hot chocolate. I am really looking forward to some infused goodies by the fireplace. :)
Yeah, this powder really opens up the possibilities. I'm going to try the powder almost exclusively for the next month or so and see, but so far I've done almost everything I did with my Dust and my oil extracts plus a few more I couldn't do with them.

So, flexibility is a huge plus. In addition, if it truly is much more bioavailable and much faster acting because of the water solubility, and not harmful like smoking can be, then this might just be the best way to consume.

I have difficulties getting the clumps to dissolve in cold liquids so your bullet blender might be the best option there, but so far I'm quite pleased with the powder as a carrier.

Yeah, this powder really opens up the possibilities. I'm going to try the powder almost exclusively for the next month or so and see, but so far I've done almost everything I did with my Dust and my oil extracts plus a few more I couldn't do with them.

So, flexibility is a huge plus. In addition, if it truly is much more bioavailable and much faster acting because of the water solubility, and not harmful like smoking can be, then this might just be the best way to consume.

I have difficulties getting the clumps to dissolve in cold liquids so your bullet blender might be the best option there, but so far I'm quite pleased with the powder as a carrier.
I'm sure you could use a standard blender, but my bullet blender is smaller and much easier to clean.
I still have to put the dehydrator to complete use to see if the powder can be relieved of any of the residual moisture.
I'm waiting for the humidity around here to get under control first.

Also, what do you think about the taste compared to your standard methods thus far?

I still have to put the dehydrator to complete use to see if the powder can be relieved of any of the residual moisture.
I would think the incorporated oil will limit how dry and fluffy the powder can get, but that will be a good data point and, if it works well, maybe just one added step to making it.

I made some more oil and will try half as much malto to see how that works, but I really like how the dosing works so far.

Also, what do you think about the taste compared to your standard methods thus far?
Not too bad, but an acquired taste for sure in plain water or light beverages. In stews, or rice with olive oil and other foods I don't really notice much of anything at all.

My Dust can be bitter so this is a nice change.

Quite pleased so far!

So, Azi...this is what your powder looks like too?
Yes, same color-ish. Mine looks a bit less flaky and more like flour after it settles in the jar so I try to fluff it a bit when I take it out with the measuring spoon. Like you said in an earlier post the consistency is more like brown sugar and doesn't fall on itself to fill the measuring spoon so what I do is overfill the spoon and then take the back of a knife and work it down to fill the spoon and push off the excess back into the jar.

THC Powder Infused Pesto Spread

I used a full tablespoon (4 teaspoons) of the THC powder mixed into 1 1/2 cups of the homemade pesto. (More on the effects later)
Make this with your own preferred infusion, I am just testing the powder.

One of the tricks to a good pesto is to blanch the basil for a few seconds in boiling water then immediately transfer to ice water. This keeps it a nice bright green instead of a dull color that can brown on ya.

I put the powder in the food processor after I started drizzling the olive in with the herbs. It mixed in quite well.

I used Lots of my home grown herbs, Basil, Parsley, and Chives. The oniony taste of the chives was a nice addition. It also has grated parmesan, a little bit of lemon juice, garlic minced, and grated up walnuts. There are pesto recipes all over the net, it's very easy. And they sell it in jars now at grocery stores, although I've never tried it. I love my fresh stuff.

I have enough left over to do some pesto pasta tomorrow if I get time, otherwise the pesto can be frozen for later use.

Upping my dose is working out very well..... if there are any typos in the post....well..sorry.....I'm zooted. 😆

Back
Top Bottom