đź‘Ť
A note about the malto. I have decided I will not use it. My son is a bodybuilder / health nut and has advised against it he says it is used for energy and I will get fat fast. He says it is a potential health risk.

Yes, I can count the tsp in 60 g.
no health imparting effects, health concern

We are not. We are extracting the cannabinoids into a carrier oil like olive or coconut, and not producing a concentrate like we would if extracting into alcohol and then evaporating off or smashing the buds in a hot press.

This produces a bitter tasting oil because of the other plant solids that come along in the extraction process. But, it is simple, affordable, and not dangerous to do, so it is a common extraction methodology especially for use in edibles.

Because of its bitter taste, finding ways to incorporate it into edibles is preferable and the powder seems to bring other attributes along for the ride like faster onset (close to inhaling), and much better absorbability so less is needed, or a given amount is more usable medicine like if used with something like the RSO protocol.
tinctures are produced differently than concentrate the non medical value is carried over

everything relative to producing concentrated cannabis as medicine is How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

đź‘Ť
A note about the malto. I have decided I will not use it. My son is a bodybuilder / health nut and has advised against it he says it is used for energy and I will get fat fast. He says it is a potential health risk.
I can see where that would be a concern for people. The tapioca starch or other method would probably be best solution to this.

For me, on the other hand, I would welcome the "fat fast". I have been struggling to keep weight on for many years, anything that helps gain something to work with is okay by me. :laughtwo:

this seems to be a non dairy creamer attempt combining cannabis
The malto is typically used as a neutral filler product, so not sure if that's what you're referencing about a creamer but that's not what its purpose is here.

everything relative to producing concentrated cannabis as medicine is How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
This is a cooking thread, not a making oil thread. I only mentioned what I did to Carmen in an effort to round out the discussion on the potency of her oil input.

Unlike the CCO Oil thread, we are not trying to cure cancer here, but rather use it in its more recreational aspect, so minimizing bad foods like you would want in the other thread is not all that important in this one. Here it's more of a 'be aware of what your inputs are' but have fun incorporating canna into other recipies you are making.

And speaking of adding cannabis to recipes......

I fried up some Crab cakes for dinner, incorporating 2 teaspoons of cannabis powder to the crab meat mix. I also added some powder (about 1/2 tsp.) to the tartar sauce to dip them in.
These were sooooo good!

Crab cakes-1.jpg

The malto is typically used as a neutral filler product, so not sure if that's what you're referencing about a creamer but that's not what its purpose is here.

This is a cooking thread, not a making oil thread. I only mentioned what I did to Carmen in an effort to round out the discussion on the potency of her oil input.

Unlike the CCO Oil thread, we are not trying to cure cancer here, but rather use it in its more recreational aspect, so minimizing bad foods like you would want in the other thread is not all that important in this one. Here it's more of a 'be aware of what your inputs are' but have fun incorporating canna into other recipies you are making.
maltodextrin alcohol starch are short and long chain carbohydrates, mood elevators energy and do not impart health

maltodextrin alcohol starch are short and long chain carbohydrates, mood elevators energy and do not impart health
Right. And we know that but, as I stated earlier, it's not used for its health benefits but for other attributes.

So again, this is a 'cooking with cannabis' thread, not a 'heal yourself with cannabis' thread.

The information on the benefits and risks have been provided and readers are free to use it how they will.

More powder feedback:
My son and his girlfriend both reported feeling the effects start building after about half an hour, They felt the full effects later and found it an enjoyable, relaxing buzz which they said felt different from regular edibles and different from combustion. That was on 2 heaped tsp powder in coffee.

So, besides Maltodextrin, Tapioca starch, and corn starch...what else are you thinking?
I've done the sugars; white, brown and molasses and those seem to work well mechanically, though I tested with CBD so have no idea if they work the same as far as onset and impact, though imagine they do.

Are there other baking products that are similar to the starches you mentioned?

I've done the sugars; white, brown and molasses and those seem to work well mechanically, though I tested with CBD so have no idea if they work the same as far as onset and impact, though imagine they do.

Are there other baking products that are similar to the starches you mentioned?
I can't think of any other baking products, other than xanthan gum. I cook a lot, I don't bake much. There is a big difference in the two. LOL
Xanthan Gum is expensive and thickens things up way too much. I used to use it for other things and it can get very thick.

"It is sometimes used to make medicine. Xanthan gum is used for diabetes, constipation, dry eye, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses. In manufacturing, xanthan gum is used as a thickening and stabilizing agent in foods, toothpastes, and medicines."

Guar gum is also a powder used as a food additive, but I've never used it.

Back
Top Bottom