SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

I am really enjoying the journal Buds! I saw it start, and then as I am between outdoor grows I took my eye off the ball. But thanks to Azi for alerting me again, this is a really fascinating approach! Well done!
Might be my journal, but I'm learning some things from other posters too. So the best of both worlds. I'll be posting new pics by morning. Lights out at the moment. They are growing fast.

can you tag me as well??? im a newb that could use some (prolly alot) of help on all aspects of grow

Hi guys, here's some pics of my nested 27gal SIP containers that you can fill with matrix over a drop cloth or drop some cloth pots into, both work.

And if this is a repost I apologize, I can't remember everywhere or everybody I've shared this link with but I'm an acolyte of the growdoctor, all of his DIYs I've built but one, maaaybe two, and they're choice.

check out his 8-10ft outdoor sip planter using a pool liner, very choice. The cloner works great, the no burp auto curing bucket works well and takes 15 min to make, his DWC DIY stuff is all solid, and he has made the best GH flora mixing calculator ever for his site. It has custom %-strength sliders for how strong you want it for, like, 8 plant stages. Better than GH offers by miles.

edit: link

SIPs do grow almost as fast as DWC

But I think I know the major problem with SIPs

They grow almost as fast as DWC. Which means an issue comes at you with the closing speed of two F22's playing chicken. AKA: Ungoldly fast.

My intraveinal chlor. is devolving into rust spots and leaf holes by the minute. Wow, fast. Always impressive to watch catastrophic canna-collapse. Days ago when my fastest metabolism plant showed signs I raised calcium nitrate, then added a magnesium bump 36 hrs later. 36 hrs after that a mag, potassium foliar, I paused treatment to permit my normal microbe sched. to go through (foliar, some in rez, light damping of surface - don't do to unsettled clones or seedlings). I think it's going to spiral out on me... putting up pics on my thread over next 10 mins. I have a stirring pump and venturi in my res., that's how I was able to add nutes.

That's interesting about the vapor test. :thumb:

I would imagine that that might work better with the height difference between overflow and fill tube vs having my two at roughly the same height. Maybe I'll shorten one and see if I can get some flow. Good idear.
Morning @Azimuth If you have a circulating fan underneath your canopy, as you should, direct the air flow across one of your fill tubes. Should increase air flow to the roots ten fold.:lot-o-toke:

Hey all, got some new pics to show the growth so far. Sunday, will be 2 weeks in the SIP Buckets for the Cherry On Top & 1 week for the Aurora Indica's. Here's some pics from 2 weeks ago.
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG

And here is what they look like now.
39.JPG
40.JPG
41.JPG
42.JPG
43.JPG
44.JPG

CONTINUED.......

Here are the other 2 Cherry on Top. Once again, the SoHum Plant is the smallest of the 4 Cherries. We'll see how it goes at the end. But right now, I'm leaning toward not using this soil again.
45.JPG
46.JPG
47.JPG
48.JPG
49.JPG
50.JPG

I did some measuring to give you guys an idea of the size. They are about 15" - 16" Tall & about 24" wide. Next week I'll trim them up for flower. Give them a week to recover & flip to 12/12. So 2 weeks till we start flower.
59.JPG
60.JPG
61.JPG

I'm still feeding at the 4.5 gr. per gal. level. Will be upping the nutes to 5 gr. next week when I trim.

Just a couple of group shots.
62.JPG
63.JPG

Temps & RH haven't been too bad.
64.JPG

Well, got to finish working on my other plants. Branches to tie up & pics to take for my other journal. Probably wont post them till tomorrow. Got to start trimming plant #5 that's doing it's dark time now. Checked Trichs on all my plants this morning. I think 2 more will be ready to harvest by next week. Busy, Busy, Busy.

I'm quite pleased with the growth so far. This is more like it. Sure beats the hell out of Fabric Pots.
But, like you're seeing, it's not just the pot. Good soil, good nutes and proper environment (lights, air movement, temps, etc.) are all needed to maximize the grow. These pots just allow you to get there because the watering part is automatically nearly ideal so you don't end up stunting the plant with improper watering techniques which I maintain is the biggest cause of sub-par plants.

This grow is going to be fun to watch because you've got a good understanding of all of the different pieces and can put them all together.

Hey all, got some new pics to show the growth so far. Sunday, will be 2 weeks in the SIP Buckets for the Cherry On Top & 1 week for the Aurora Indica's. Here's some pics from 2 weeks ago.
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG

And here is what they look like now.
39.JPG
40.JPG
41.JPG
42.JPG
43.JPG
44.JPG

CONTINUED.......
Thats awesome growth man

Thats awesome growth man
Thanks ! That's about 7 days in a Solo Cup, 2 weeks in a 1 gal plastic pot & now 2 weeks in the SIP Bucket. This is where they really take off. So there's 5 weeks growth total. But only 2 weeks in the SIP Buckets.
I think just one of these buckets SCROG Style in your 2x4 would kick ass. You would fill that tent in no time & pull Mega Bud.

Thanks ! That's about 7 days in a Solo Cup, 2 weeks in a 1 gal plastic pot & now 2 weeks in the SIP Bucket. This is where they really take off. So there's 5 weeks growth total. But only 2 weeks in the SIP Buckets.
I think just one of these buckets SCROG Style in your 2x4 would kick ass. You would fill that tent in no time & pull Mega Bud.
Thanks for the info buds its gives me a better idea on the process. I've never done a scrog before but im open to experiment on my next run. Just figuring out an inventory list at the moment lol.

Right now I'm kind of lucky I guess. I mix up 5 of the 5 gallon water jugs of nutes at a time. That lasts for 2 feedings of 12 plants. Hopefully I'll have harvested most my other plants so I don't have to mix too much. Already takes about 1.5 hours since I wait 15 min. after Si & then another 15 min. after N & then MC. I let that sit & mix for an hour before I pH to 6.3. These 6 SIP girls will probably drink 10-12 gallons per day between them in flower. That's a lot of mixing. But worth it.... lol.

Back
Top Bottom