SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Damn Buds. You have everything wound up tight in your grow areas. @Trala heart is singing fo sho! Beautiful work Amigo. Those buckets are starting to look more and more interesting. Would need to remodel a bedroom into a grow area as big as these plants get though. Such beasts!

NTH
Thanks ! Yes, I'm kind of an organizational freak so to speak. Some people hate me for it & some love it.... lol. Had a roommate move out because I was too much of a neat freak.
The remodel just depends on the yields you want to pull. If you're happy with your current yields, you could just do the same with less plants. Probably in less time too. It doesn't speed up flowering, but it speeds up Veg a lot.

@Krissi Carbone uses something real similar outdoors. Maybe she can direct you to how she does it outdoors. I'm in AZ. & it's too hot for me to even try it.
I think I just private messaged her. If I did it answers 1 of my questions.

Thanks ! Yes, I'm kind of an organizational freak so to speak. Some people hate me for it & some love it.... lol. Had a roommate move out because I was too much of a neat freak.
The remodel just depends on the yields you want to pull. If you're happy with your current yields, you could just do the same with less plants. Probably in less time too. It doesn't speed up flowering, but it speeds up Veg a lot.
Yea I’d probably run just two plants under the Mars 6500. By the looks of your plants two would come close to filling the space if I have my growing game lined out. Long story short when it was time to re up on my nute supply I had a hard time finding MC. So I went with a brand called Raw. They have Veg and Bloom nutes. Dissolve really good and all my plants seem to love the stuff. Would love to see the results of the Raw/SIP bucket combo. Thanks for the info on the grow buckets.

NTH

Yeah, 2 sides would be pushed in flat. They're at least 3 feet in diameter.
I guess having a bigger plant as a problem is a good thing. I was thinking of vegging for 4 weeks then into flower but im just not sure if I will have the space in mine lol. Especially the way they're growing for you its tremendous, but it could become an issue flowering 2 in a 2x4

I guess having a bigger plant as a problem is a good thing. I was thinking of vegging for 4 weeks then into flower but im just not sure if I will have the space in mine lol. Especially the way they're growing for you its tremendous, but it could become an issue flowering 2 in a 2x4
I don't think they'd fit during flower & most of the 2x4's are shorter than the 4x8 tents also. 1 plant will fill it easy.

Mine have yet to drink through the gravel or perlite and air gap. After the bottom leaves started to wilt alot I got nervous and top-fed them with REG. I perked them up but no doubt stalled the rooting process.
First timer but not overly worried.
With all the support I have gotten since April and the yield I have already started to top lets me rest easy at night. The cannabis and hash doesn't hurt either. :rofl:

Question is:
Just how much wilt should I allow them avoiding the point of no return, so to speak?

Cheers!

Mine have yet to drink through the gravel or perlite and air gap. After the bottom leaves started to wilt alot I got nervous and top-fed them with REG. I perked them up but no doubt stalled the rooting process.
First timer but not overly worried.
With all the support I have gotten since April and the yield I have already started to top lets me rest easy at night. The cannabis and hash doesn't hurt either. :rofl:

Question is:
Just how much wilt should I allow them avoiding the point of no return, so to speak?

Cheers!
Got a pic ? Is the wilt from too dry of soil or from too wet of soil is the question ? I haven't had any wilt at all.

Someone is using the RAW nutes right now with SIP's. Not these buckets, but homemade SIP's. I think it's @ReservoirDog , but not sure. Been reading so many SIP journals I'm getting them mixed up.
Yeah, I actually use MC 2-PT. and some of NPK's stuff.

NPK line is excellent and their Grow and Bloom "base ferts" is the closest I've seen to copying the original MC One-part.

NPK's grow and bloom formula's have all beneficial aminos, B-vit., seaweed, multiple chelates, and a great, multisource, micronutrient package. I also use their microbe products to seed my microbe culturing projects that provide 100% of my microbe and endomycorrhizal needs with fresh, 100% alive and active microbial inoculants.

I'm also really getting along well with my Mega Crop 2 part. It's basically a Jack's copy without the EDPTA and I use it that way.

Right now, at transition, I'm running 3.6g/gal of the 5-12-27 NPK part A, 2.4g/gal of the 15.5-0-0 Calcium Nitrate part B, and 1.0 g/gal Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom salts). I make 10-20 gallons at a time and mix overnight with pumps and airstones. Stored in the dark it sits fine with a stable pH, which I like. Good thing, because I bought 20 kilos of the stuff. I have it all jarred up to stay dry. If anyone wants to try a sample, in Canada anyway, I could happily put one together for you.

Also the MC 2 part doesn't use synthetic chelates. Scientists are finding that these chelates are persisting too long in the environment and being found in the bodies of top predators. MC 2 part uses a number of different natural amino acids as chelates instead and these aminos have many other benefits. I'm quite happy not to use synth chelates. The MC also has multiple sources for many of its nutrients which is proven beneficial in many aspects. Reduces chances of lockouts tremendously, and I think positively impacts flavour - that's just my opinion but studies support the thesis.

I actually premix my peat/perlite mix with a small amount of worm castings, aged poultry manure, and organic tomatoe fertilizer and blue clay so that I can run low ppm levels, inject some BRIX into my otherwise hydroponic system and impact the flavour of my end product. I don't mind using synthetic fertilizers at all if I can avoid synthetic chelates and keep the ppms down. Used in a SIP where all the water and ferts are actually used and this is a very environmentally responsible and sustainable grow method with AAA results.

Before pouring my mixed ferts in the SIP rez I always aerate if it has been sitting, and I add kelp and fulvic acid. Sometimes other humates, sometimes just fulvic. Fulvic aid chelates nutrients well also.

Lastly I add my Liquidirt which is a very unique product that is made up of 18 of the most important organic inputs, but only after they've been by consumed over and over again by worms and microbes. Then it is dried into an ultra-fine nanopowder that ships out in a container that you fill with water and shake to mix. Then add a tiny capful to 5 gallons to turn the whole thing black. It's really amazing stuff and I use it for everything. Its got bennies in it, endomycs, and all the good things. Here's the full list: rabbit manure, poultry litter, bat guano, cricket frass, wormcastings, alfalfa, rock dust, humic shale, dolomite, gypsum, oyster shell, kelp, concentrated fulvic acid, blood meal and mycorrihzae. But all that after its been enzymatically processed over and over again, which means digestively processed by worms and microbes, over and over again. It's the most ideal group of inputs, treated with the most ideal methods over a series of 40 steps and 5 years. Yeah, I know! I'm telling you, this shit is golden. Don't be put off by the small package and 50$ price. I'm as cheap as they come and I find huge value in the stuff. I also use it as the base for my benny cultivations and for growing mycorrihzals. When you use it you know that with one product you haven't left out anything. Its all there. I have no connection to the company and don't benefit from telling you this. Besides SIPs it was my other big "Secret", so now you have 'em all! Use this stuff and you will notice a difference. It's great for DWC also. I use it for seedlings, soaking seeds in a weak mix then treating the grow matrix with the mix made a tad stronger. Its a great rockwool treatment product if you use that, or use to water seedlings and guarantee a wide spectrum of elements are avail. You can mix with a fresh LABs batch and then soak some oatmeal in it, then dry to make an awesome probiotic soil amendment. Maybe I should shut up now, but I've got a bunch more amazing uses.

My methods really arent that complex, just a little different from the norm.

Got a pic ? Is the wilt from too dry of soil or from too wet of soil is the question ? I haven't had any wilt at all.
yeah, Scott, I was never sure quite how your design worked. How does the reservoir wick up into the grow matrix? The only thing that matters is if your soil is moist. Is it? There may be a top centimetre that's totally dry but under that some moisture. If so, you can assume an increasing moisture gradient downward. If you have that then all you can do is wait.

@InTheShed , I was comparing your Calculations to those Mr. Sauga gave me & noticed they are fairly different.
So far your calculations seem to be working better. No yellowing so far & plants all look good.
I also changed my other plants (Fabric Pots) over to the calculations a couple weeks ago. Seems to have slowed the yellowing way down from what they were doing. Thanks !

@InTheShed , I was comparing your Calculations to those Mr. Sauga gave me & noticed they are fairly different.
So far your calculations seem to be working better. No yellowing so far & plants all look good.
I also changed my other plants (Fabric Pots) over to the calculations a couple weeks ago. Seems to have slowed the yellowing way down from what they were doing. Thanks !
Glad to hear it! Not sure why they'd be different since our targets should be the same, but as long as it's working for you.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom