Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy | 420 Magazine Comparative Grow Journal | Coco

I've got one of those FastBuds seeds, maybe I'll pop that next, cheers
When did you harvest your GSC? I usually chop milky, but is it worth waiting for amber?
I've always done various degrees of amber. Best one was harvested with the first sign of some amber ones

It’s funny you say this. I was thinking the same thing with my net just going in. Then a really random thing started happening, the gears in my head started creaking and images of a large lazy Susan with poles going up to support a scrog net. This way I can scrog and get to all parts of it and spin it to make sure light is even distributed.
We need to design like one of them old laundry carts as a weed plant store and go. Have a trellis. Fully mobile

I’m literally on the Zon shopping for a large lazy Susan that I can modify to make larger :) I’m wondering if a 20” one can take a 48” circle of plywood and some posts on it. SIP would go in the middle for a single plant to fill a 4x4

IMG_3324.png

I’m literally on the Zon shopping for a large lazy Susan that I can modify to make larger :) I’m wondering if a 20” one can take a 48” circle of plywood and some posts on it. SIP would go in the middle for a single plant to fill a 4x4

IMG_3324.png
I built a bunch of them a few years ago. I would just look for the rotating base. Then you can make it how you want it.

Aluminum Turntable Bearing Swivel Plate Hardware for Dining-Table (12 inch) Amazon.com

I'm already speculating on my next grow - FastBuds Autos
I'm wondering whether adding Vermiculite instead of Perlite to my coco will prevent it drying out/watering frequency
Any experience? @Bill284 @Skunksta @Greenvein @Keffka @Jon et al

I'm wondering whether adding Vermiculite instead of Perlite to my coco will prevent it drying out/watering frequency

Vermiculite will definitely hold more water than perlite will. It’s one of the selling points for choosing it over perlite. If drying out is a concern I would recommend the vermiculite over the perlite. With that being said, you may still want to use a little perlite for a sprout just so it’s a little easier to cut through but that’s growers preference for seedling stuff.

Vermiculite will definitely hold more water than perlite will. It’s one of the selling points for choosing it over perlite. If drying out is a concern I would recommend the vermiculite over the perlite. With that being said, you may still want to use a little perlite for a sprout just so it’s a little easier to cut through but that’s growers preference for seedling stuff.
That's what I'm thinking, yeah
I was thinking 2" of perlite then the vermiculite/coco mix in the final 10-15L cloth pot, then standing that in a 2" deep tray of fertigation like a kind of SIP?
I'm watering so frequently in flower, it's more like a manual flood & drain

That's what I'm thinking, yeah
I was thinking 2" of perlite then the vermiculite/coco mix in the final 10-15L cloth pot, then standing that in a 2" deep tray of fertigation like a kind of SIP?
I'm watering so frequently in flower, it's more like a manual flood & drain

I did something similar. I layered perlite in my drip tray then set the pot on top of it. It gets to a point where you don’t even want to water any more you’re doing it so often so I will just fill the drip tray up if needed. Or I’ll just top water until runoff and let it soak it’s runoff back up.

Flowering plants drove me to drip irrigation. Having to water every single day when the plants are taking up 80% of the space is such a pain in the butt I always think about whether or not I want to keep going. I imagine it’s even worse with coco.

It cost me around 75$ to get everything I needed for drip irrigation to cover 8 containers. You could probably do it cheaper if you bought the right stuff off the bat but I like to throw money away some times I guess lol

I did something similar. I layered perlite in my drip tray then set the pot on top of it. It gets to a point where you don’t even want to water any more you’re doing it so often so I will just fill the drip tray up if needed. Or I’ll just top water until runoff and let it soak it’s runoff back up.

Flowering plants drove me to drip irrigation. Having to water every single day when the plants are taking up 80% of the space is such a pain in the butt I always think about whether or not I want to keep going. I imagine it’s even worse with coco.

It cost me around 75$ to get everything I needed for drip irrigation to cover 8 containers. You could probably do it cheaper if you bought the right stuff off the bat but I like to throw money away some times I guess lol
LOL - I have 2 dripper systems but they are both on the plot for tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and aubergines

LOL - I have 2 dripper systems but they are both on the plot for tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and aubergines

It was such a game changer. I went from despising watering and not planting anything extra, to planting 10x as much as normal because I setup irrigation.

Watering was my biggest time sink period. Nothing else in my life came close lol. Now I’m tending to the roses and landscaping the yard. It’s almost like a little extra freedom lol.

Never used it mate but sounds like some good advice.
If not for my drip setup feeding in flower would drive me nuts.

hose and reducer one off those drip feed kits from home bargains.
30l bucket and to be fancy a mixer/wave maker and pump.
All in £30 your looking at around 3-5 days feeding 4 ladies in full flower.
If you toms still need your current drip system still.
:thumb:

That's GSC looks delicious!

How do you have that center bamboo secured? Cool concept
It's just poked 2" into the coco; by weaving the string to opposites, it supports itself like a Maypole
Yeah, the GSC is looking great and smells divine, lovely to grow

Back
Top Bottom