Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Low and slow is the only way for me.
I tried it for the first time on this "go round" and it defintely seems a little more fool proof, not to mention the flavor! Very excited to try the LA once cured, we're getting there :thumb:

Almost time for me to go LOS.
I can give you a killer "recipe" for the soil, its almost maintenance free past that, anything you do is just extra! Haha no flushing either!
Nice harvest, the number I use is 25% it will get you close.
I was going with 20% so I'm happy with that as well :battingeyelashes:

If your referring to mine, its pretty much the "Coots Recipe"...I've added and took away from things here and there. I have an uber variety of stuff now. Very simple once the soil is mixed up! I give all credit to Coot, he is the reason I know how to make a proper living organic soil.

I will continue to do a monthly top dress of neem and kelp (1/8 to 1/4 cup), at least until the plant tells me she doesnt like it! Other than that its my own homeade VMC, MBP, Aloe, and of course my homeade LABS and FFJ during flower! I will also give a kelp foliar once a week during veg. They always love that!

Light is far more important than nutes or mediums

Light is the engine that drives the grow. I'm waiting for the community to discover that surrounding the plant in light is the way to max out yields.

Hmmm.....hadn't thought about Max Yields in a couple years now. Wonder where he ended up? :hmmmm:

Well done on that LA Confidential LaquerHead. You had some stellar shots of her right before harvest. Made my LOS soul beam with pride. :green_heart:

Will report with wet weights later on. For now I can throw up a pic of the little PE, on day 3 now - pic was taken on day 2. They're so cute at this stage :love:

And a new tree on the way.......

Welcome little one :love:

After a few runs, it should be essentially a "water only" kind of soil. Having damn near everything it needs to produce a monster...

It's possibly the best recipe for LOS out there. If I hadn't been distracted by the kit I'd probably still be growing no-till. Lol! It's obvious though, I'm made for hempy and hempy is made for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When I dry low and slo I find I'm coming in close to 25% just about every time. At's been so consistent over the past year or so that I now load my fridge bags with 28 gr of wet bud, anticipating 1/4 of that dry, which means I'll be getting one ounce dry for every four bags.

Are you really drying them with over 80 grams a bag? With that many I'd think it'd take much longer to dry. With 28 gr per bag they're done in less than two weeks, unless they're really dense, which yours appear to be.

Light is the engine that drives the grow. I'm waiting for the community to discover that surrounding the plant in light is the way to max out yields.

Hmmm.....hadn't thought about Max Yields in a couple years now. Wonder where he ended up? :hmmmm:

Well done on that LA Confidential LaquerHead. You had some stellar shots of her right before harvest. Made my LOS soul beam with pride. :green_heart:

And a new tree on the way.......

Welcome little one :love:

It's possibly the best recipe for LOS out there. If I hadn't been distracted by the kit I'd probably still be growing no-till. Lol! It's obvious though, I'm made for hempy and hempy is made for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When I dry low and slo I find I'm coming in close to 25% just about every time. At's been so consistent over the past year or so that I now load my fridge bags with 28 gr of wet bud, anticipating 1/4 of that dry, which means I'll be getting one ounce dry for every four bags.

Are you really drying them with over 80 grams a bag? With that many I'd think it'd take much longer to dry. With 28 gr per bag they're done in less than two weeks, unless they're really dense, which yours appear to be.
Hey thank you for the kind words! Means a lot :hug:

I actually had about a 100 grams per bag than split that up after I had a wet weight. Might be more like 50-60 a bag! But 28 grams is like 1 bud lol. Surely there can be a handful in each bag right? I will snap a couple photos here in a few! Will definitely lessen the amount if needed :thanks:

I always worry when I see those monster colas and the possibility of mold/mildew during drying from God knows what is trapped inside. Could be as simple as a rotting leaf stem. To that end I cut all my buds off the sticks and dry them that way.

What a day! Got alot done around the grow room. Vacuumed. Cleared out the flower tent and wiped everything down with bleach water, including tools. Then repeated with some Tweetmint enzyme cleaner. Vacuumed again. Cleaned the filter around air intake, as well as the fans. Veg area didnt last long lol. Its now sitting empty, as I've moved everything into the bigger tent to veg. Will make use of smaller tent if this Trainwreck auto decides to pop up!

Also got the smaller 10 gallon the Dark Devil was once in, as well as the 20 gal the LA came out of topdressed and mulched. Ready for round 2. Holy crap, talk about alot of worms! After removing the trash bag I used to keep unwanted guests out of the 10 gal, I seen every bit of a hundred worms crawling around. Cant imagine how many more there may be. Only started out with about 15 haha.

Here's the new veg area (for now)

0722181624.jpg
0722181624_HDR.jpg
0722181623_HDR.jpg

Also took all 20 bags out of the fridge and rearranged the buds! Theres now about 35 bags...with approx. 30 grams in each bag. Weighed the first few than eyeballed the rest to reduce handling! Quite the process really. Had to clean out the garage refrigerator to make it all fit (long overdue).

So a pretty productive couple days..Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Thanks for all of the advice and help along the way :high-five:

Don't forget.........In case that Trainwreck auto seed doesn't want to pop for you have a hempy cup standing at the ready. The one I popped the other day is growing a little crazy. What to call it......self topping?
I'm sure it will work it out in the end, but it's always interesting why a plant does something like that.

Back
Top Bottom