Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

Back to the real show. Sorry, no pics for now. Betty was quite pleased to report that she was able to pluck off all the leaves that I was too emotionally involved in to have plucked earlier. She said between the lower leaf plucking and her watering, the Twins were looking upright and thankful.

I admit, here and now, that I was keeping some of the vegetation out of sentimentality and out of the wish to clone further Larry's.

Lesson two thousand and fifty six: pluck the damn leaves. Betty is a keen observer of everything except her own behavior. (Sorry, me being bitchy) I'm still wrapping my brain around how this un-lovely looking plant can unfold into loveliness. Of, er, well a kind. If the Twins were roses, we'd be able to march down to a neighborhood garden supply and see, smell, and hold in our hands various successes.

But, boys and girls, this is a forum for success. We'll just march on, and extrapolate here and there.

This is my latest extrapolation. Expensive store bought bud does not necessarily mean it is primo shyt. Before I go on, when I say "store bought", I mean "black market" because where I live, we don't have any stores. Yet. Hopefully. Just trying to be clear in a murky world

Darn it, I really hoped to pull out my camera and try to give a sense of what the B62's did and didn't do, but I just don't have the oomph to do it. I did have a little niggle in my brain about the different taste between boy plants and girl plants. Is there a difference? The 'good stuff' has little or no seeds, but in my world before grow, that only meant I was buying more smoke a bowls per dollar. Was it George Carlin who had a skit about smoking, then saying, "Ah, yes...Colombian...vintage 1967...grown 100 yards from a major highway.." Sumpin like that.

Betty and I smoked some of Pauline tonight. Pauline didn't do much more for me than make me cough a little and taste vaguely like smoked ham.

Off to bed. Still very disconcerted about not having to check my lights and stir around one last time before Dark. I am still thinking hard about really good edible dirt in an enclosed environment. I'll think more while I am sleeping, then come up with brilliant insights for tomorrow. Success! Achievement is within Grasp!

:love: and peace, and :thanks: and
big, wide yawn....
Marion

Was it George Carlin who had a skit about smoking, then saying, "Ah, yes...Colombian...vintage 1967...grown 100 yards from a major highway.." Sumpin like that.

Success! Achievement is within Grasp!

:love: and peace, and :thanks: and
big, wide yawn....
Marion

OK, what Carlin is talking about here is terroir, it is french and means flavor of the land. Grapes have it , that's how they tell where it was grown, cannabis also has it. Part of my companion planting is for flavor, fennel, lemon thyme, roses, pumpkin, tomatoes, chamomile, marigolds, mints, blackberries, and strawberries, all ad to the complexity of my flowers taste, smell,and smoke. Success is indeed within your grasp, see , you already had it in your hands to begin with.

OK, what Carlin is talking about here is terroir, it is french and means flavor of the land. Grapes have it , that's how they tell where it was grown, cannabis also has it. Part of my companion planting is for flavor, fennel, lemon thyme, roses, pumpkin, tomatoes, chamomile, marigolds, mints, blackberries, and strawberries, all ad to the complexity of my flowers taste, smell,and smoke. Success is indeed within your grasp, see , you already had it in your hands to begin with.

Ahhh, 2J's. This is why I love you best. I get to give you some reps, weeee! It gets down to the easiest, the simplest, with and without clipboards stapled to your glasses. Half Science, half intuition. My contention is you can kick the Science out of the Room for days if you have enough intuition experience. Gotta be smart enough to know when to drag Science back into the Room.

But that's only my contention. Us Newbies need to go haywire learning the Science while experiencing intuition.

So, are you going to grow some more weed or what? if so, i have a few suggestions.

first, try and find a grow area with a bit more headroom.
then, be patient ;)

Can you do updates on the girls over at Bettys? That will keep your journal alive, yes?

I need to explain this so I can understand it: You go over to Betty's work on the girls and kick Betty around for awhile, than come home and update people like me with no real life, cool?

I have been feeling a bit mopey. Under the weather. Thought I was being a kind of fraud....hated to give up this journal, but after all, I don't have any of my girls in hand. May never have them again, <snortle, sniff>>

But, 60Cal, oh my goodness, passed me the will to live. Can I really just raise my head from the muck, dry my tears, grope for a meaningful existence beyond the soul wrenching loss of "gotta check the humidity, good lord it is the hottest part of the day, is the loss of a leaf really the loss of a flower?" My poor girls had to leave home forever...

THANK GAWD
BETCHA STRAIGHT i CAN KEEP THIS GOING

You will all be pleased to know that I have regained my will to live, but am having a little problem swallowing bile. Maybe I should start a new thread called, "Living With Betty." But then, heck, I wouldn't be having such a good time.

Betty has been happily informing me that she has doubled the size of one of the Larry clones buds. After much needed research, she stumbled upon the site where I started dithering about Cannibis Bling. She's been staking down the Larry's and conservatively plucked the fan leaves off of one of my girls. Sorry, one of our girls.

I'd hoped that some of that undergrowth would have been cloned into more primo Larry. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. LOL!

Betty's son, What's His Name, has become peripherally involved in this grow. He has reinforced the idea of patience, of harvest beginning the minute you cut down the flowers and continuing in the jar. Gosh, I wish I could meet up with any of his Young Punk friends that grow this stuff for a living! To hold another Queen in my hand....but I digress....

Continuing, Betty informed me that as swell as those big white buckets are, they suck for our purposes. I hope none of you here are as petty as I am, and won't scroll up or down. Those deep buckets with lights running down their sides just don't make sense. Lights in an inappropriate place? How could we???

I'm hoping that I can get What's His Face to introduce me to Some Young Punk.

Keep it up & get some pictures for us.

Can you do updates on the girls over at Bettys? That will keep your journal alive, yes?

I need to explain this so I can understand it: You go over to Betty's work on the girls and kick Betty around for awhile, than come home and update people like me with no real life, cool?

trying on some new kickass boots. Can I? do I dare?

Well, you all know that I don't mind looking like an ass. Betty has the girls staked down and wants me to pick up a bag of Ocean Forrest ASAP. I'm going to have to rearrange my idea of success in my brain to continue this particular thread. I miss the girls and I miss this forum.

Sorry I've been gone so long, but my particular "oomph" problems have contributed to, um, being gone so long. I have been wondering if store bought Larry could be being cured with poison (gluten) I dropped my right hearing aid in the toilet and stuck in into a baggie of rice to dry it out. Forgive me while I follow this up, but are there growers out there that use bread as some kind of accelerant for drying purposes?

Gluten, wheat, that whole bit of nonsense makes me sleep for, say 18 hours out of every day.

When I say the word "cured" I mean the drying part, not the 'hey, feel cured' part.

Gonna climb upstairs and fall on my face to sleep in about five minutes.

Hey there hi there! Hope all is swell your way. EquiBlue Man, did I read it right? You gave birth to two nice sized jars of killer shit? Peege, I jogged along for a while, you know I dig formulas, but my knees gave out. 60 cal, I did want to show you something about dirt, if you are still along for the ride? I didn't take those pics yet. I've got Super Dirt findings.

Whatever! Guess what? Larry Lives!!
larry_b_1.JPG
larry_b2_stats.JPG

Yup! Larry is killer, this I know. I'd really like to look into propagation at some point. We'll see how this momentum goes. Pauline, by the way, is dead. Her clones died and her remains smoked. I'm bowing my head in respect.

During the whole Gramma's principals kicked in episode, B1 and B2 went back into veg stage. Peejay, was it you or 2J's that told me a gal you know kicked back into veg after a timer failure? It was messy, but it worked out OK in the end? Let me show you some close ups.
larry_b1_staked.JPG
Larry_B2_staked.JPG

B1 is on the top. You can see that Betty is learning about the whole training process. Our goal has always been small, full bushes. Betty has been systematically stripping the fan leaves off. She lost her clipboard though, I am so very pleased to say!

I have some questions. "Going back into veg" translates to "uh, oh, where did all those new leaves come from?" right? Same same? I'm being Captain Obvious, right?

Betty noticed that the flowers were nearly all brown. Remember way back when I was going to pick one bud and follow it daily? Well, looks like I skipped a few days between July tenth and August fourteenth. TADA!
finger_sized_buds_.JPG

Betty harvested half last night, put them in a wicker basket.
early_mixed_larry_bud.JPG

Our eggs aren't all in one basket. We've got Sexless Seedling up our sleeve.
sexless_staked.JPG

Now, back to clones and questions and observation and such. These Larry B's were cloned after Larry A was sexed, so they've already changed direction once. I'm curious. Is there any way they can become male? I'd really like to keep this strain alive. I would like, just once, to smoke Larry when she is in her prime. All I ever get is a peek when she's nearly green.

Betty and I are getting ready to invest in genetics. I have an intelligent sixth grader's grasp of what genetics are, so of course I count myself as a fairly expert, though modest, 52 year old. Betty seems to be in a good place, in as much as she wanted to ask you all's opinion about this vegetation fluster. It seemed quite reasonable to harvest what there was and I'm awfully glad she did because as far as I'm concerned, the gene or gene category I'm concerned was preserved through the second generation. A happy motivation acceleration.

It should go really well with chocolate, doncha think?

Nice update erieflwr, congratulations on your harvest (it will only get bigger from here. Keep betty in line and grow big & green.

Super Dirt. I've been wanting to share this with yinz guys for a while now. There are probably another good dozen variables other than the bird feeder factor but most of the time the obvious answer is the answer. This lesson is Bird Poop 101.
average_dirt.jpg

Drat! The photograph above sucks, but I'm hoping you can get a little idea of what the stem of your average Cosmos would look like in your average dirt.
super_dirt.jpg

Not more than ten feet away another Cosmo grows near the bird feeder. Will you look at this monster stem? Wait, gimme a second and you can look a little bit closer. Hold up
radius_of_super_dirt.jpg

See the battle scars from the plant taking on the hose? Shit that grows here ends up getting scary strong. BUT, and this is an important but, actual flowers are nearly non-existent. The dirt underneath the bird feeder is super veg dirt, pure and simple.

So, dirt. I was considering dirt a while back. Oh, and I was talking to Betty fairly seriously about keeping a Mother Plant. Sorry, tangent, back to dirt and bird feeders. Birds, being birds, don't have a bladder so when they eliminate, they ditch it all in one swell foop. I mean, one fell swoop.

I know PJ and CO are aspiring dirt geeks. In PJ's case, he is perspiring, too. :love: <--that's for Peege.> What I am getting at is Betty and I are getting ready to experiment with local dirt. ;) Dontcha just love it? And even if we don't come up with a real recipe that allows us to bite our fingernails, it's still a learning experience, right?

Cool comparison. Also, think about this; the birds spill a ton of cracked seed coats into the soil under the feeder that mulch the soil in addition to pooping as they lift off and fly away.

Hey nice work with the clones :)

Yep 2 jars. got one jar left. been at it every day since lol I'm currently preparing my next grow; setting up a second grow area, got some seeds ordered, gonna do a few lemon kush as well. can't wait.

Hey nice work with the clones :)

Yep 2 jars. got one jar left. been at it every day since lol I'm currently preparing my next grow; setting up a second grow area, got some seeds ordered, gonna do a few lemon kush as well. can't wait.

I'll be looking around for you. Guessing the next room will be the white room, eh?

You'll be glad to know that when it comes time to harvest B1 and B2, I am going to get a jar to keep until January. I am so very psyched about that. Yeah, I know, the B's could die tomorrow, but I am looking so forward to an aged Larry.

That's another thing. I'm hoping to get a grooving mother plant, perpetually vegging, in my super dirt. I threw that out Betty's way, and I'm thinking we're going to try that road. She has several houseplants that thrive on neglect, so why not start a Mother? Here are some things that I am pondering.

Dirt is part of the life cycle. Or the Cycle Of Life, if you like rearranging words. My particular Super Dirt is locally grown. Birds and their influence has made a plant that is usually about three feet high and big around as a pen become six foot tall, no shit, and the stem is as big around as my fist! Wowza!

Celebrate! Except, and I would never lie to ya, flowers on this particular patch are very few and very far apart. So, hence, and therefore I believe that North American backyard birds create excellent veg soil for our intents and purposes if you live near a large body of water. Or it doesn't. I can be as wishy washy as the next guy.

But the real thing is, how to have the great veg dirt to naturally become super flower dirt?

A Captain Obvious question that I am sure dozens of you are diligently trying to answer. I'm standing firm on the assumption that the dirt for clones must adjust without the roots being disturbed. I'm thinking, though, that the Mother has to be repotted.

Wait, rewinding...the clones need to go into their own favorite flavor of dirt. Whoa, yep, Captain Obvious. Clones still need to DEVELOP roots, so their first taste of soil should be something that sets them off into good veg. Is there anyone out there writing thing down? Clones need super veg dirt. If there aren't any North American Birds around to replenish the ingredient I'm staking my Super Dirt Formula on, then it'll calm down enough for giant buds.

Or I'll be wrong, in which case I will restate or deny my hypothesis and PeeJay will run up to me with my glasses. Did I mention I quit smoking cigarettes three weeks ago?

Very nice update erieflwr, I'm sending good vibes for your veg mother.

Well, boys and girls, I hope some of you are digging out your pencils and sitting up straight in your chairs, cause I sure ain't.

LOL! Sorry, couldn't help myself. The thing is I do have some facts and speculations, but I want to smoke a cigarette and the best place for me to be when I want to smoke is stepping AWAY from the computer SLOWLY. Letting you all know that Larry B2 is dead, long live Larry B1. Also, long live LC1 and LC2! Yup, handshakes and cigars all around, the Larry strain is still viable! I've got a chance for that Veg Mother Plant, thank you 60Cal for the vibrations.

Going to say this about this second blooming of LB1. ALL of her leaves are 'mitten' leaves. Nary a one has more than three fingers. As a matter of a fact, Betty is so used to mittens, she had no idea what I was talking about when I told her that the normal number of fingers is 5. I was glad to have a healthy unsexed seedling there to show her what the heck I was talking about.

I don't really want to smoke a cigarette, not after 25 days, but I do need to back away s-l-o-w-l-y

Back
Top Bottom