Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

Dude, you changed your avatar. Lookin' very handsome, very Mills and Boon. I'm starting to see some of your brain leap--young, in the closet, then leaping forward to fixing electric gadgets that end up leading to sex. Yep, got it dude.

I just got back from my first backpacking expedition so I haven't been able to screw around much with boxes, black or otherwise. Mean to find one or two, and hope to find the live wire (not right now, whooosh, am I beat) and see what I can come up with fan wise.

So, if reversing wires on a fan could mean the fan goes backwards, what could happen if you reversed the wires on, say, a microwave? Would it make things cold instead? Would a microphone make sounds softer?

I have had a truly sleep-deprived thought. Let's say I do start a terrarium for a veg mother. Totally enclosed, naturally, so no air current. But we've already learned via 2J's and other experience that the leaves should shake and rattle for photosynthesis to be better. If I decide to put a do it yourself vibrator under the terrarium and accidently cross wires--NO, NO, Don't answer this question!!

Stumbling off to bed

So, if reversing wires on a fan could mean the fan goes backwards, what could happen if you reversed the wires on, say, a microwave? Would it make things cold instead? [it would break and possibly explode] Would a microphone make sounds softer? [I've tried this; it would output sound instead but very quietly and with reduced quality (you can use the same method to turn ear phones into a microphone but again, volume and quality would be reduced.)]

I have had a truly sleep-deprived thought. Let's say I do start a terrarium for a veg mother. Totally enclosed, naturally, so no air current. But we've already learned via 2J's and other experience that the leaves should shake and rattle for photosynthesis to be better. If I decide to put a do it yourself vibrator under the terrarium and accidently cross wires--[Air circulation is about more than making plants dance; it strengthens stems and prevents mould.] NO, NO, Don't answer this question!!

Stumbling off to bed

I hope these answers are helpful lol

also; dildos LOL

Erie...... I like your banter!!! Always a hood read!!!! :volcano-smiley:

>>>I can only succeed vicariously these days. ;)[/QUOTE]<<<

Hey my sweet erieflwr, you were reading my intro letter to the 420 people. We have been looking for a new place to rent, the one we are in now has the landlords in the back yard. The rental market in my area is so bad that we are looking to build as an option. Also, being my busy season right now life is also getting in the way. We look every afternoon for a new place. As soon as I find or build the right place I will for sure let you know, I might even let Betty look in if that's okay with you. I am honored that you would take the time to look for my non-existing journal.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I recently had to knock up a fan

Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters I've linked directly to it so it should jump to the relevant reply once the page has loaded

Everytime I read about you having to knock up a fan, I just giggle a little. Sorry, been hitting the cheap wine. That may be why I didn't immediately look for pictures on how you did it first time around.

OK, OK, I am done giggling and I will never ever giggle at this point unless for some reason someone explains why "knocking up a fan" has at least two meanings.

I adore you Equaman. Just saying.

Well, got some news! We have 2 LD's! Hoooooohaaaaaa! Long live Larry! I am pretty sure I told you all we had an LC--I know I did. I was holding my breath about having just the one clone between Larry and extinction. LC still lives, as far as I know. I sent some super dirt over Betty's way so she could do her own experiment with LD1 and LD2. One gets super dirt, the other doesn't. I know she's still popping up big fat seeds here and there, too.

60cal, been meaning to ask you something. How come you aren't growing in a solo cup or a terrarium or something? I've got a gazillion ideas on how to grow inside, but I made a promise to Gram, so now I am itching to pass on some of my brilliant, yet humble, ideas.

Upside down Solo cup so's the root system spreads and ya can get at them easier for bonsai-type root trimming to make the root foundation strong enough to support wholesome greenery above ground. Add earthworms and sky's the limit.

That and a dollar and a half will get you a cup of coffee. Gonna pass on the coffee and head up to bed.

::yawn:: long live larry...
:love:
Marion

So, OK. Listen up. I've been thinking and it's probably going to get a littttle complicated. Hold up, let's see what I've written so far....
Yep, just as I suspected. If I have to check back with myself this early, we've got a long row to hoe.

Translation: Someone else please pay closer attention to what I say than I pay attention to myself. I've got one and only one idea I want to get across quickly and efficiently with the minimum amount of explanations needed or called for. Especially all those explanations that I need to repeat to myself and remember concurrently and at the same time.

One word: worms

Worms.

Indeed.

I'd use them if i was knocking up my own soil; I'd just stuff them into my compost box and pour old food on them and wait, for a good coupla months...

As for putting them in with active plants? Probably not.

Unless you're talking about the other kind of worms in which case I'd say; wash your hands regularly, especially after bio breaks, and don't pick your nose and eat it.
It's what I tell the kids and they almost never get worms.

Worms need oxegen, love Dark, will drown in too much water, and let's see....what else...nute blasts will kill worms..oh, let's stick with the red wiggler variety of worm. Worms eat dirt then poop something better than dirt. Hold up, gonna check on worm poop ph balance if at all possible.

Worms.

Indeed.

I'd use them if i was knocking up my own soil; I'd just stuff them into my compost box and pour old food on them and wait, for a good coupla months...

As for putting them in with active plants? Probably not.

Unless you're talking about the other kind of worms in which case I'd say; wash your hands regularly, especially after bio breaks, and don't pick your nose and eat it.
It's what I tell the kids and they almost never get worms.

almost never?

Back to the, er, original thought of my, uh thought. ::clearing throat and moving on::

I have never taken the step to move a worm or two into my indoor plants because I thought I would be "inhumane" to the worms. I grew up with a younger brother who liked to make friends out of worms, then take them home in his pocket. Or maybe my brother knew they would die, whatever. Boys do odd things, like eat canned dog food.

But, I'm telling ya, I was anticipating winter outside of the closet and emptied a flower container to find a nice, healthy wriggly worm that had to be in that confined space for like 4 months or probably more. This is a hallooo hallaayy kind of reinventing the wheel kind of post.

wonder what kind of ratio a worm needs per square kilogram of dirt versus some other formula?

Dadnab it, Peege, what would you say and do worms survive out your way without them turning?

When I was a boy i ate dog food, insects and barbie doll's feet (the feets was great for chewin').
I brought snails and hedgehogs in the house and put them in beds and bats in the wardrobe, but they were hard to catch.

I imagine a decent sized plant pot is the size of a small town to a worm, i reckon they'd last months in there.

That whole town sized thing is what I've been saying. I cruised around for a while last night, trying to find a nice ratio of dirt per plant root per diacitimus earth..wait did I REALLY spell diacitimus right?? Lemme check. dosdifjsdf sdfdorrr.

Back
Top Bottom