Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

I forgot to show you the haircut. This is it, halfway through. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ::frowny face::
pegged_down.JPG

Seed is almost certainly a boy. So, we are down to LC and I believe another sprout. Still pushing for air movement. Shamelessly trying to exploit Equa's hard-winned knowledge and pain-staking research. CO2 bags. Hmm! I'm still picturing, in some sense, a terrarium. A small space, anywho, with the air being refreshed, of course, but it's gotta be fairly gentle. Shimmer and Shake, but no Rattle and Roll.

Well, the big news was fairly certain banana balls. I did want to say that Seed was getting a goodly nice, new green buncha baby buds coming. 10. They were spread across the surface of pot fairly evenly. I'd feel better if the plants were in a slightly bigger pot for root/veg ratio, but do I know what 8 big fat buds look like on a small bushy plant grown in a rubbermaid closet? Nope, and I'm probably just jealous.

Trusting Betty has a better handle on it. By the way, Betty is going to stick with 8 flowers. Not with Seed, of course, but she told me that is what she's shooting for. She's got the real visualization thing going on. Isn't it great! I can't wait until Betty gets her first Queen from dawn until sunset.

If I get a more recent shot of Seed before his demise, I'll pass it on. It was pretty cool looking. When I was there, Seed was juuuust getting ready to flower.

I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna be looking up Blue Dream as the money investment. If I could look at the notes I made, I'd be able to name 60 cal's choices and how happy I am that he named a coupla three strains. When I was doing some poking around on how to pick a strain, I found some good advice right here on 420 under the name of Capn. Best part of his advice? Stick with something tried and true, not some new-fangled hybrid, still wet behind the ears.

Blue Dream isn't going to stink up Betty's house, which is important. It is going to taste good, shouldn't take too long to harvest, and at 3 units for 27.01 E...wait, what's that?

Does that mean expensive like the Equa Man said? Yup, better yet. Betty values expensive things.

I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna be looking up Blue Dream as the money investment. If I could look at the notes I made, I'd be able to name 60 cal's choices and how happy I am that he named a coupla three strains. When I was doing some poking around on how to pick a strain, I found some good advice right here on 420 under the name of Capn. Best part of his advice? Stick with something tried and true, not some new-fangled hybrid, still wet behind the ears.

Blue Dream isn't going to stink up Betty's house, which is important. It is going to taste good, shouldn't take too long to harvest, and at 3 units for 27.01 E...wait, what's that?

Does that mean expensive like the Equa Man said? Yup, better yet. Betty values expensive things.

They were the most expensive seeds i ever bought at £28.74/$46.89 for a measly three beans. now, yeah they all sprouted but still, it's a bit of a reach for three damn seeds. It's the very reason i'm jumping on the colloidal silver bandwagon.

Great news! Betty didn't kill Seed outright. She's been denying him light, which means some photo-ops. She also topped of LC as the first step in getting the bonsai thing going! I'm sure there's some super cool other way of naming it, like, uh, trimming? Topping? I'll end up needing PJ's help with the pointer and proper nomenclature.

I've been living my closet life vicariously through Equa's White Room. He freaks out even better than I do! Now, THAT'S entertainment! Dud bought 12 pots and has 12 seedlings, the show off. I want to keep a close eye on what's going on there because he's introducing a CO2 bag to his closet, sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I still get to invest my pittance, back my horse.

Let's say that Betty was chased by a demon possessed fan when she was a wee youngin. A demon possessed fan dressed like a clown holding a doll and a dripping machete, and Betty was trapped on an out of control merry-go-round. Ohhh! I'm scaring myself. This would explain why she is so anti-fan, and that's OK.

So, back to the CO2 bag. Air movement at molecular level, why not? I did see that 'lights out' means the plant isn't using CO2, but at the seedling and veg stage, not to much Dark time. I can see that getting yet another machine or timer or something is just another link for the chain to find to break.

I still feel like a bit of an imposter without my own, very own girls, but I intend to help out here and there as Godmother to Equa, if nothing else.

Ahh, poop. I thought I was letting you guys be arm chair detectives. Equa has a fairly small indoor veg cab and his temps got pretty high. Right up to 35C which I actually figured out how to know what that meant in fahrenheit. I know, I know, not all that hard when you can grasp that one degree celsius is the same as 5/9 degrees F or visa versa.

I, of course, went darting off into the Do It Yourself air conditioning land while keeping an eye on freaking humidity. Heat rises, I gasped, and the Blue Man drilled a coupla holes in the top of his cab and moved some fans up there, too. Do you guys realize that 35C is the same as 95F? H-o-l-y CRAP! I am always thinking of our girl's comfort in the same terms of ours.

Dude did his thing, moved the fans up and that outrageous temp is down a whole half a celsius degree. I think Equa man is pretty durn smart because he listened to me. :goodjob::love: I've been trying not to huff on my fingernails too much because that kind of action usually makes me drop my purse.

I'm hoping one of you guys will say something really great so I can bestow upon you some reps. Been wanting to give some more to the EquaMan, but I'm not allowed to give him any more until I give someone else some. I already tried to give myself some--well, I'm sure you know that doesn't work. So, come one, heat rises, right? 60cal, got something terrrrrific to say?

Oh be kay be. Here we go. First, I want to show off Betty's work towards her goal of 8 buds through bonsai or some other cute name. If you remember, or, uh, perhaps I remembered to tell you, what Betty had done here was simply bend over the original, uncut plant.
boy_seed.JPG

What you are seeing here is the result of merely bending the stem over, staking the larger fan leaves as solar panals rather than cutting them, and the effects of no light for about 5 days. Any of you that has been along for the ride from my early days, you'll know that I love to bleat, "Lack of Phosphorus" any chance I get. :) I think I'm really allowed to say it with confidence this time around. What's cool for the photo op is that those really light yellow patches help to show where the flowers would have been growing, had this Boy Seed been a girl. I didn't take any pics of banana balls because, truth be told, I didn't look for 'em. I was more excited about the position/distribution of the flowers-to-be after not quite three weeks, and about this. . .
LC_split.JPG
LC_pinned_down.JPG

LC is thriving in Betty's care. She just topped her off a couple of days ago you can see that LC has all her fingers and toes! Whooopee! LC is still in veg state. I was concerned that all that going to and from veg to flower clone stuff was going to get to kill Her genes off, but here She is! Betty has lost some of her impatience, thank heaven, so I'm thinking LC is going to be pampered. ;) And, just in case
seed_12.JPG
seed_22.JPG
seed_32.JPG

Sexless Seeds 1, 2 and 3! Cootchy coo! Sexless Seed 2 is the tallest, aren't it just the cutest with it's little self?

I know that I mentioned I was doing some poking around the threads and journals here, and found one started by Capn who had some home-grown wisdom. He made an excellent point about bagseed. Bagseed is on his short list of good shit. Why? Because if you take care of it, lavish it with love, you have a good chance of growing something better than the weed you smoked from the bag. This fits in with my idea that store bought stuff is not great because of the price tag. Folks that are into it for business reasons are taking understandable shortcuts.
I'm going to root for all the seeds being girls because I think Betty's place can accommodate that many. Oh, and love this, I think she's about ready to get a fan that plugs into the wall. What a great day! I was going to try to talk her into making a battery out of a potato, just so we could have 24/7 air movement.

how much energy do you imagine you're getting out of a spud? each spud will give you 1-1.5v. your smaller PC case fan wants 12 volts; you will need 9-12 potatoes. you can also try lemons and oranges and other tubers, like sweet potatoes etc.

a desk fan will take 110v (i think for North America?) so you're looking at 80-120 spuds allowing for flux.

Ahh, poop. I thought I was letting you guys be arm chair detectives. Equa has a fairly small indoor veg cab and his temps got pretty high. Right up to 35C which I actually figured out how to know what that meant in fahrenheit. I know, I know, not all that hard when you can grasp that one degree celsius is the same as 5/9 degrees F or visa versa.

I, of course, went darting off into the Do It Yourself air conditioning land while keeping an eye on freaking humidity. Heat rises, I gasped, and the Blue Man drilled a coupla holes in the top of his cab and moved some fans up there, too. Do you guys realize that 35C is the same as 95F? H-o-l-y CRAP! I am always thinking of our girl's comfort in the same terms of ours.

Dude did his thing, moved the fans up and that outrageous temp is down a whole half a celsius degree. I think Equa man is pretty durn smart because he listened to me. :goodjob::love: I've been trying not to huff on my fingernails too much because that kind of action usually makes me drop my purse.

I'm hoping one of you guys will say something really great so I can bestow upon you some reps. Been wanting to give some more to the EquaMan, but I'm not allowed to give him any more until I give someone else some. I already tried to give myself some--well, I'm sure you know that doesn't work. So, come one, heat rises, right? 60cal, got something terrrrrific to say?

Yes, and stink rises too. (just sayin). :rofl::)

+reps my dear.

Equa, the potatoes were all about having cheap means to having the air move properly. Betty is ready to buy a real fan.!! I kinda challenged her with the potato thing and the, "Is it possible to convert a battery operated fan into one that plugs into the wall?" gonna hop, skip and jump over to your place pretty soon.

Now, then, my good friend 60Cal, I found a journal of yours, but it might just be the wrong one. The journal I was reading was a really cool story about a former grower who was getting ready to move into a keeno place after 40 years to grow more. The journal was back in the month 4, which is a number that belongs to Spring. It is now Fall. Month 10. Any photographs of equipment, soil or green thumbs?

I can only succeed vicariously these days. ;)

erieflwr said:
"Is it possible to convert a battery operated fan into one that plugs into the wall?"

Yes, it's entirely possible and the shit you need is probably in your house already.

First you want to determine your voltage; you should see this on the fan somewhere, it'll say like "6v DC" or similar. Next you'll want to match this with a plug adapter similar to a phone charger; for small voltages under 24v you can go a little "price is right" with it; you can be 1 or 2 volts under that which is on the fan but not one volt over, or it'll just die (it shouldn't pop though).

Cut the end off the adapter (the end that goes into the phone or whatever device it powers), find your Live wire... These are sometimes marked by a repeating dash pattern on the insulation; black wires will have a feint white dash from end to end. Connect these straight to the wires for the fan, removing the battery connectors completely if you're converting permanently.

Use electrical tape or junction boxes to connect your wires, then plug it in and give it a shot!

If it doesn't work, flip the polarity - some fans will spin backwards if you get the polarity wrong however some just won't work at all.

So long as you don't interfere with the actual adapter (your black box) you will be safe. do not open the black box.

Holy COW! How do you know all this crap??

This may just be something I will attempt myself. Uh, maybe.

I'm getting ready to scoot out for the weekend, but I'm thinking...if I'm not too lazy...I'll get another one of those cheap fans, gather my equipment, and try to turn it into a lesson.

Holy COW! How do you know all this crap??

This may just be something I will attempt myself. Uh, maybe.

I'm getting ready to scoot out for the weekend, but I'm thinking...if I'm not too lazy...I'll get another one of those cheap fans, gather my equipment, and try to turn it into a lesson.

When i was a kid the closest i came to having toys were vastly outdated games consoles, broken electronic devices and Mills and Boon novels.
As an adult; video games, gadgets and sex are my favourite pastimes lol

Back
Top Bottom