Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

On with the show. Been wanting to catch you all up on some things. First, I have changed my 12/12 time another hour. It is now on at 11 am then off at 11 pm. My reasoning? Lemme show you.
getting_the_10_degree_difference.JPG

The temp. I want to fluctuate that temp as widely as possible. I have read anywhere from a 10-20 F degree swing in Dark is beneficial. I had a big epiphany after putting myself in PeeJay's climate. It was helpful for me to understand just what kind of extremes our girl will thrive. I also read somewhere that if you can grow corn, you can grow weed. Climate wise. Where I am, it's time to grow corn.

So, the humidity thing is still something to notice, but Nature is gonna do what it is gonna do. Temps are also doing what they do. My biggest 'worry' is the hottest part of the day, which is halfway through lights on. Plenty of time to have my little panic attacks, move fans around.

Sunrise is about 6 hours before lights on, so I'm getting a pretty maximum cool period, while still not leaving too much freak out time before I barge into the cab. I also have an extra hour at night to do some last minute fussing.

That's my reasoning. I changed the time the second day the Larry B's came, didn't mention it, I don't think.

Looky lou!
beginning_two.JPG
beginning.JPG

Here is another thing that is going to be fun for me. I was focused on sexing that I didn't really pay close attention to the beginning of blossom. Excited acknowlegement at first, but then all attention on where I had banana balls or not. Now I can have the pleasure of watching the buds unfurl. Really 'citin'!

That's almost it for today. I made a mistake and accidentally ate something with breadcrumbs in it. Could just KICK myself. I haven't poisoned myself since Easter. But I really wanted to bring this up. Remember Larry B2's run off water was rather acidic? Well, it was worse today. Today was the first fert (second water) for the Larry Twins. I used the water from the humidifier, just letting you know. Water went in a near perfect 7 and came out 4.5. That's rounding out low.

Here's what I did. I took the run off water, upped the Ph to a good 8, then rewatered. Did this twice, and finally got a reading of a solid 5 coming out again. Is it time to reach for the eggshells? Larry B1 is fine with the Ph. 7 in, 6.8 out.

Now, while I am thinking, Betty took the clones and put them in those pop up peat grow pellets, tomato sized. From there they went into FFOF bought especially for the transplant. And, I don't know if I mentioned, but those mitten leaves? Really dark, nitrogen toxicity colored green in the crayon box. I'm not saying at all that it is toxicity, but could those big fat easily stressed leaves have sucked up vital Ph balance contributors to the dirt?

Larry B2 had more of these leaves, but she also has more leaves, period. I am suddenly fascinated by dirt.

Falling asleep in my soup. :yawn:

Thanks again for....zzzzzzzz

Thought I'd to a quickie here. I am in the process of brewing up some butter and taking copious pictures with my technique. Betty is due over tomorrow with two hours of buzz time allotted. She's going to bake some gluten free bread, have a piece of toast with a Table Spoon Schmear and perhaps some of her home grown, home canned strawberry presserves. She'll zone out hanging lights or something. We'll see.

Now, here is something to just throw in here. Betty has been using little tiny fresh cut Pauline buds to re-hydrate our store bought stuff. Is this a placebo effect or what, but I'm telling you, the store bought smoke is so way better! Could it be the better taste is just sparking something in the ole vortex via the olfactory? After using the Pulitzer Prize winning Cheese Grater/Toaster method, I did get a little head high that I don't attribute to the excitement of the moment. If any of you out there are experimenting with different levels of hydration and need someone to smoke both kinds, I will make a great sacrifice and spend a week comparing them for you, free of charge. Just provide air fare, room and board. If you need me any longer, I will be forced to ask for some cash.

Later guys.
Marion

A stipend is not out of the question if you are willing to do some chores. Cleaning out the cupboard under the sink, for instance.

Isn't placebo fascinating?

I'll have to move your peg leg out of the way, strain the chamomile tea through your bra and start a fire under someone's ass because I'll be too busy making notes to do much else.

I will provide copious lovely sharp focused pictures of the past few hours except I won't do it now because I licked my fingers down to my writs..wirsts...wrists...one of the jars developed a long crack, kind of like a seam. No, it was a crack. Not a pretty, um, tutorial. noT Very Specific, scientifically speaking, although I Did keep fairly close copious copies of certain...copious temperatures.

Getting ready to fall backwards...

I'm only getting caught up with all the journals I've subbed now, not being intentionally ignorant...

The paint is matte finish, so probably about as reflective as the core of a black hole. I think it does make a massive difference though, I'll be painting the cupboard again before my next grow. Going to go for white lol

Still waiting to see your cured buds and get a smoke report lol

I'm only getting caught up with all the journals I've subbed now, not being intentionally ignorant...

The paint is matte finish, so probably about as reflective as the core of a black hole. I think it does make a massive difference though, I'll be painting the cupboard again before my next grow. Going to go for white lol

Still waiting to see your cured buds and get a smoke report lol

All will be revealed in the next installment. <<munching popcorn>> Say, man, I did finally fix my signature in a way. I don't know if there is proper etiquette for this, but do you mind if I attempt to add your journal to my signature?

Take your time, buddy. <<---passing over the rest of the popcorn. I can wait for a boring slideshow.
:love:

When you were struggling with it a couple of days ago I hit that little triangle at the bottom of one of your posts and asked the mods if they would fix it for you. Last night Rico breezed by and fixed it right up.

Ok, gather round, let's take a look at what I did last night. First, weighing the product. You will be shocked to learn that when I attempted to weigh the whole baggie on the scale, Betty told me I was doing it wrong. The correct way to use this scale is to find a solo cup with a flat bottom.
weighing_the_trim.JPG

Because the only solo cups I had in the house were this small, I simply weighed as much as I could at a time, wrote down all the numbers, had Betty add them up and we came up with 27.2 grams, which I promptly divided by 4, and began to put 6.8 grams into the jars.

Note: Put the herb in the jars before the butter. You may ask why, and I will be pleased to tell you two reasons why. First, your fingers get too slippery (slippy, in my vernacular) to do you much good. Secondly
wrong_weight.JPG

You may find that you are left with an odd amount and you can't take the herb you shoved down into the sticky butter to reweigh it. So, what I ultimately did was make only three sticks of butter in three jars with gawd knows how much trim. Let me say here that 2J's recommended between 6 and 8 grams of trim per stick (I think, LOL) and that roughly worked out to a lb of butter and an ounce of trim.

The next time I do this, Betty won't be here and I will break all the rules and weigh the effing BAGGIE.

To move on.
three_jars.JPG

You'll see that I only did one jar the wrong way, simply to show you what NOT to do. Heh, heh.
brick.JPG

I filled the water to just below the lids, put a brick on them so they wouldn't rattle around, set the heat
set_the_temp.JPG
Then waited one hour, three minutes and 16 seconds. This is what it looked like.
color_after_1_hour.JPG

The water had boiled halfway down the jars, so I filled her up again, replaced the brick, and settled back. I lost track of time visiting, so this next picture is after cooking for 4 hours, not the 3 I intended.
the_other_green.JPG

I put these two pictures together. I hope you can see the longer cooking time made a more intense green. You may also notice the crack in the jar? Note: Do not think that you can run down to your Mom's place and also have time to buy vodka before the water boils dry. STAY PUT!
assembling_the_next_step.JPG

Before I went and got the vodka, I had fortunately assembled the materials I needed for the next step. Straining. Shown here is cheese cloth, a funnel made from the very same plastic bottle that Betty used when she transported Larry, and three clean jars. I bleached the funnel. Below you see the tools in action. I doubled the cheesecloth--meaning I strained through two layers. Squeezed out every last bit that I could after letting it drip for, probably 10 minutes.
gadget_in_use.JPG

Then I threw the veg crap away.
Betty had a tablespoon with her waffle and she didn't get much of a buzz. She felt "something kinda funny with my back teeth" but that's it. I was feeling no pain last night, but I was smoking and sipping vodka as well as ingesting canna butter off my fingers. After I take Gramma out to buy paper towels, I plan on using myself as a tablespoon experiment.

Gotta run for now!
Marion

When you were struggling with it a couple of days ago I hit that little triangle at the bottom of one of your posts and asked the mods if they would fix it for you. Last night Rico breezed by and fixed it right up.

You are a prince. How do I thank Rico? Or am I doing it now? Thank you, both of you!

Lovely, buttery, pictorial. If you continue being studious you'll increase the potency of your material and make butter which induces drooling.

If you go back a page you'll see where Rico liked several post in your journal. You can click on his name and it will take you to his profile. From there, scan the left margin and you'll see where you can send him a message of gratitude via PM.

butter3.JPG

So, here you go. I had to laugh when I realized I was going to have to melt this again to add to the brownie mix. When I did, I found only three small, thin pieces of trim that escaped my cheese cloth to perhaps be destined to get stuck in someone's dentures.

The brownie mix I got called for a half cup of butter. To translate for our European friends, that means, well, I'm not sure what it means but I used most of this jar. Wait, I know. It means that the pan of brownies, cut into 16 pieces would=one dose that merely made Betty's jaw relax long enough for her to notice.

Hold on half a tick while I upload the brownies I'm talking about. I will let you know that in the interest of science, I woofed down a dose myself before preparing these. I concur with Betty. Something is there, but it ain't much.
brownies2.JPG

It has been nearly one and a half hours since I ate my schmear of one tablespoon. I gotta confess here, that too much makes me spike into paranoia. I quit smoking for at least a decade until I started dating a real cheap skate. Roy (yes, this is his real name) helped me realize that less is more. Point is, I get freaked out about getting freaked out.

My thought is I am going to cut this sucker into 8 pieces. That would be a double dose. I'll eat one of those and curl up with a nice murder mystery tonight.

Oh, I gotta tell you. Some young punk around here is pushing brownies instead of baggies. He happens to be friends with Betty's son, What's His Face. I have never met Young Punk face to face (knowingly) but Young Punk is doing OK with his brownies. I would so very much love to eat one of Young Punk's brownies to see how large they are and how consistent they are. See the ratio between buzz and brownie. You know, all in the interest of Science, but they've got to be poisonous to me.

I've always found edibles to be all bite and no bark, that is to say, they never got me stoned lol

Blue Man, you are stabilizing influence on my life. Thanks man! I am no longer concerned about freaking out. Still, it is time for bed. I was going to put Pauline in a jar or two today, but unless I miss my guess, I'll be snoozing until the next Light.
Marion

And the brownie did nothing? *giggle* I like edibles for sleeping.
Giggle you may well. I ate two big brownies this morning and went back to bed at 1. didn't get up until 4, but not sure if 'twere the brownies of the effing meatballs. Plan to blame it on the meatballs because I feel like crap.

BTW ((welcome home))
Trying to edit post to say the brownies did do enough to send me asleep, but sleeping isn't really what I was going for...Nite

Back
Top Bottom