Time To Start Again - With Blue Yeti LC To Start

A little to say today.

My experiments in the background "cold inoculation".

I checked the net and I could not find any information on inoculation Rye grain jars at a cold temperature without using my SAB. In total I have done this for 6 rye grain jars over the past 6 months. Don't get me wrong everything still has to be wipe down with alcohol and everything else is the same almost.

What I have been doing in my experiment is taking a Rye grain jar and spore syringe or LC directly out of my storage refrigerator and inoculating them. I noticed that as temperature raises in the jar it brings the spores out of hibernation and trigger the spore to start growing. I still use upper 70's to low 80's as my growing temperatures.

If @Lady Cannafan or @BeccaBuds would try it, it would definitely confirm that there is something to cold inoculation.

I have never read or found any information on this but it would be fun to provide maybe another way for new growers to try.

In the six jars that I inoculated this way none of them had any contamination and grew strong. Just a thought.

Today I also, broke up the two Blue Yeti Rye grain jars and mixed them with my CVG substrate. I normally use about 3/8 of an inch of casting layer on top of my substrate.

If this surprises you, ask questions.

Some images from todays work.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

A little to say today.

I checked the net and I could not find any information on inoculation Rye grain jars at a cold temperature without using my SAB. In total I have done this for 6 rye grain jars over the past 6 months. Don't get me wrong everything still has to be wipe down with alcohol and everything else is the same almost.

What I have been doing in my experiment is taking a Rye grain jar and spore syringe or LC directly out of my storage refrigerator and inoculating them. I noticed that as temperature raises in the jar it brings the spores out of hibernation and trigger the spore to start growing. I still use upper 70's to low 80's as my growing temperatures.

If @Lady Cannafan or @BeccaBuds would try it, it would definitely confirm that there is something to cold inoculation.

I have never read or found any information on this but it would be fun to provide maybe another way for new growers to try.

In the six jars that I inoculated this way none of them had any contamination and grew strong. Just a thought.

Today I also, broke up the two Blue Yeti Rye grain jars and mixed them with my CVG substrate. I normally use about 3/8 of an inch of casting layer on top of my substrate.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
I have a fresh supply of Uncle Ben's bags, and will be inoculating over the weekend. I will try the cold inoculation on one or two of them. :thumb:

A little to say today.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
I'm really not sure if inoculating cold would make any noticeable difference in growth or growth rate, Tok. Maybe run 4 cold inoculated jars next to 4 warm inoculated jars and see if there is any difference?

Great work, btw! 🍄:lot-o-toke:🍄

Back
Top Bottom