The VipersNest Continuous

Thats chill its just nice to see random photos. Pits one of the chillest people her on 420. i'm sure hes cool w/ you posting that pict. I have all the faith in Team Pit to grow some monsters like that with some (((BOMB A*S))) flowers to boot.

Butcher.....We removed some plants hoping for more light pen.We are thinking of going 15 bigger plants.If everything goes well we should still go for the gram per watt.starting to think less is more.plants are getting to tightly packed with 20.hard to get light to the bottom.

Butcher.....We removed some plants hoping for more light pen.We are thinking of going 15 bigger plants.If everything goes well we should still go for the gram per watt.starting to think less is more.plants are getting to tightly packed with 20.hard to get light to the bottom.

Sounds like a good strategy... what size area is that again... I have a 12'x12' room I fit 16-20 in nicely they're at 6ft tall now...

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

Hey Pit!
I think you'll be pleased with the less is more strategy. I've taken my small 4x4 garden from 24 to 18 to 9 plants and the yield from the 9 crushes the yield from 24. Plants get very happy when there is plenty of light and air moving around the canopy. The entire plant develops equally top to bottom making for a much more bountiful harvest. :yummy:

Sounds like a good strategy... what size area is that again... I have a 12'x12' room I fit 16-20 in nicely they're at 6ft tall now...

you have any pics of that?

How can you know what 'technology' you are using if you don't know the specific wavelengths the LED emitters are outputting? The key photosynthetic mechanisms of higher land plants, Photosystem 1 and Photosystem 2, from an evolutionary standpoint, are highly conserved structures- that is to say, these photosynthetic mechanisms have most likely evolved from a single source and are virtually identical among all plants. There are no significant differences in the Chlorophyll light harvesting molecules between a basil herb to an oak tree to a blade of green turf grass.

If the company you are purchasing an LED light (or any other light source) from will not show you the spectral profile of the emitted radiometric energy, how can you have any idea at all whether the fixture will satisfy the light requirements of the plant- ANSWER- you cannot. The specific wavelengths that Cla and Clb, as well as most of the other known photoreceptors are well known and well researched- it is not a mystery, however you have to dig through some fairly heady biological journals and 'inside baseball' terminology to figure it out. The 'absorption charts' widely available on the Internet do not accurately represent the real light energy processing requirements of the plant.

But I digress- back to the original question- How can you know what 'technology' you are using if you don't know the specific wavelengths the LED emitters are outputting? Most likely these companies do not have the equipment necessary to do this testing- these GLH guys would seem to be the same. Or, they don't want the knowledgeable customers in the field to know that they are using traffic light LED emitters or similar which are totally useless for horticultural applications.

The first thing you should do as a paying customer of LED lighting is demand a spectral output chart of the fixture from a spectroradiometer- there is no other way to know the quality and quantity of available light from the fixture. This is fair- even the HID bulb guys will give you a spectral profile of their lights, however these lights are notoriously unstable in spectral output over their useful operating life and manufacturing variances of 15% or more is not at all uncommon.

Plenty of outright deception/ or/ simply lack of knowledge on basic photosynthesis out there by these importers of Chinese designed/ made lights. Sad, sad, sad. This kind of thing is exactly why LED's have had such a painful entrance into the horticultural market- cheap Chinese designed crap in either the 'UFO' round package or the common square/ rectangular package. It's all the same, it's all over the Internet- we have all seen it. Poorly designed lights, poorly coordinated wavelengths, poorly designed cooling systems, poorly designed LED driver systems- poor, poor, poor, crap, crap crap.

There is no other commercially available light source that can meet the specific requirements of photosynthizing plants as the LED, but as long as the crap that exists out there now in the 'so called' LED market, adoption will be slow and the reputation of this technology will be continue to be tainted.

For all you HPS guys- honestly, if you believe that there is a whole lotta photosynthesis going on at the sodium D-line emission point at around 589nm, well, I can tell you there is NO professional biologist/ horticulturalist that has spent a lifetime studying this would agree. Very poor photosynthetic efficiencies. The same is true for MH- somewhat good coverage in high energy Cla and accessory pigment absorption bands, poor in the low energy spectra where the core of Photosystem 1 and 2 are tuned.

So, expect and demand a correct spectral profile of the light you want to purchase from a correctly calibrated spectroradiometer- this is the least these guys can provide you for your hard earned money. Just watch out for the tricks they can do with these charts- they will always try something to get your money. Make your own decision as to whether or not the light you are looking at purchasing will satisfy the requirements of your plants.

I have reviewed the GLH web site of these guys and they have their tricks too/ along with some just plain ass deception or total lack of understanding of their own products/ along with an apparent lack of understanding of very basic electronics/ along with only about 2% of the specifications that should be included for a technical item of this nature. I have never ragged on the Internet over a company or a product and I am actually sorry I started with this one because there are other LED vendors out there that are as bad or much worse- but this crap is just killing adoption of a perfectly suitable technology. I guess I just finally blew a cork, and it happened today on this GLH site. Oh well.

you have any pics of that?

I'll take one tomo and throw it up just for you... Somewhere on her I explained the whole situation as to why I hadn't started journaling it. It was originally framed in and awesome then LEO ripped it apart and I just threw up some plastic to get started again... I was waiting to journal until it was framed back in and enclosed with all the bells and whistles... But I'll toss up a pick for you HD. :)
I think when I frame it in it's gonna be a 10x12 or 10x10... not really sure exactly what I wanna do... I'm a last minute kinda guy I guess... LOL.

How can you know what 'technology' you are using if you don't know the specific wavelengths the LED emitters are outputting? The key photosynthetic mechanisms of higher land plants, Photosystem 1 and Photosystem 2, from an evolutionary standpoint, are highly conserved structures- that is to say, these photosynthetic mechanisms have most likely evolved from a single source and are virtually identical among all plants. There are no significant differences in the Chlorophyll light harvesting molecules between a basil herb to an oak tree to a blade of green turf grass.

If the company you are purchasing an LED light (or any other light source) from will not show you the spectral profile of the emitted radiometric energy, how can you have any idea at all whether the fixture will satisfy the light requirements of the plant- ANSWER- you cannot. The specific wavelengths that Cla and Clb, as well as most of the other known photoreceptors are well known and well researched- it is not a mystery, however you have to dig through some fairly heady biological journals and 'inside baseball' terminology to figure it out. The 'absorption charts' widely available on the Internet do not accurately represent the real light energy processing requirements of the plant.

But I digress- back to the original question- How can you know what 'technology' you are using if you don't know the specific wavelengths the LED emitters are outputting? Most likely these companies do not have the equipment necessary to do this testing- these GLH guys would seem to be the same. Or, they don't want the knowledgeable customers in the field to know that they are using traffic light LED emitters or similar which are totally useless for horticultural applications.

The first thing you should do as a paying customer of LED lighting is demand a spectral output chart of the fixture from a spectroradiometer- there is no other way to know the quality and quantity of available light from the fixture. This is fair- even the HID bulb guys will give you a spectral profile of their lights, however these lights are notoriously unstable in spectral output over their useful operating life and manufacturing variances of 15% or more is not at all uncommon.

Plenty of outright deception/ or/ simply lack of knowledge on basic photosynthesis out there by these importers of Chinese designed/ made lights. Sad, sad, sad. This kind of thing is exactly why LED's have had such a painful entrance into the horticultural market- cheap Chinese designed crap in either the 'UFO' round package or the common square/ rectangular package. It's all the same, it's all over the Internet- we have all seen it. Poorly designed lights, poorly coordinated wavelengths, poorly designed cooling systems, poorly designed LED driver systems- poor, poor, poor, crap, crap crap.

There is no other commercially available light source that can meet the specific requirements of photosynthizing plants as the LED, but as long as the crap that exists out there now in the 'so called' LED market, adoption will be slow and the reputation of this technology will be continue to be tainted.

For all you HPS guys- honestly, if you believe that there is a whole lotta photosynthesis going on at the sodium D-line emission point at around 589nm, well, I can tell you there is NO professional biologist/ horticulturalist that has spent a lifetime studying this would agree. Very poor photosynthetic efficiencies. The same is true for MH- somewhat good coverage in high energy Cla and accessory pigment absorption bands, poor in the low energy spectra where the core of Photosystem 1 and 2 are tuned.

So, expect and demand a correct spectral profile of the light you want to purchase from a correctly calibrated spectroradiometer- this is the least these guys can provide you for your hard earned money. Just watch out for the tricks they can do with these charts- they will always try something to get your money. Make your own decision as to whether or not the light you are looking at purchasing will satisfy the requirements of your plants.

I have reviewed the GLH web site of these guys and they have their tricks too/ along with some just plain ass deception or total lack of understanding of their own products/ along with an apparent lack of understanding of very basic electronics/ along with only about 2% of the specifications that should be included for a technical item of this nature. I have never ragged on the Internet over a company or a product and I am actually sorry I started with this one because there are other LED vendors out there that are as bad or much worse- but this crap is just killing adoption of a perfectly suitable technology. I guess I just finally blew a cork, and it happened today on this GLH site. Oh well.

slow your roll man. Obviously you have never looked at this thread and what its about. If you had you likely never would have commented. there are no sales pitches here...just a documented grow.....like all my other grows. Check the negativity at the door....or stay and watch.....

Sorry man, will take the rant elsewhere, or just continue to eat it. All this BS about LED lighting is killing me. These guys are just ruining the reputation of a perfectly good technology. As an long time, old school electrical engineer, I just popped a circuit breaker after reading these guys web site. I will hang on for the grow- thanks for your patience/ forgiveness.

pit, i know you said that between grows you you use a bug bomb, and then wash down with bleach. are these just the regular foggers that you can buy at wal mart, or do i need to get some kind of specialty fogger? thanks for the help bro, gardens lookin great.

pit, i know you said that between grows you you use a bug bomb, and then wash down with bleach. are these just the regular foggers that you can buy at wal mart, or do i need to get some kind of specialty fogger? thanks for the help bro, gardens lookin great.

My 1st grow had powdery mold. I bombed ,bleached and painted. have 4 grows since w/o PM. I do wash the entire room with bleach and water after each cycle.
Spidermites have been my biggest problem. My current proactive method is done by flushing with Azamax once in veg and 1 in bloom. Its alot harder to cure bug problems if you already have them.

slow your roll man. Obviously you have never looked at this thread and what its about. If you had you likely never would have commented. there are no sales pitches here...just a documented grow.....like all my other grows. Check the negativity at the door....or stay and watch.....

:bravo: :welldone: :bravo: :welldone:

Wooohooo... Good job Pit... :thumb:
That was some good info though... :)

My 1st grow had powdery mold. I bombed ,bleached and painted. have 4 grows since w/o PM. I do wash the entire room with bleach and water after each cycle.
Spidermites have been my biggest problem. My current proactive method is done by flushing with Azamax once in veg and 1 in bloom. Its alot harder to cure bug problems if you already have them.

That's gotta be hard to do with your new perpetual system...

That's gotta be hard to do with your new perpetual system...

no harder than anything else...all garden areas will be pretreated in one way or another...once everyhing is obtained its just a matter of incorporating it into the grow....add azamaz or whatever you like....works in bothe mediums.

i had a spider mite issue in the past and used a no pest stripe and i havent seen a mite since. i use a bomb on them and every other thing you can thank of and it just pissed them off..lol i also have flora mite waiting for those pricks just in case, but the no pest strips seem to work the best for me and got rid of them once put in my room. its been a few grows and i haven't seen any mights yet

Hey plantpot4fun, I would personally recomend hitting up your local hydro shop for the correct bomb for garden pests, or go online as well. You can be proactive with the, sometimes ongoing, battle some have with garden pests in this way. Yet IMO its a great idea to decontaminate after every run.

Your garden looks great BTW Pit ;) woot!

Bugs are inevitable....I think that having the insect game on point is one of the most important things to learn. for me at least

Bugs are inevitable....I think that having the insect game on point is one of the most important things to learn. for me at least

yup considering they can wipe out an entire crop in days I'd say its pretty important. Are you running the azatrol 1-2 oz per 20 gallons of res as a systemic form of protection?

yup considering they can wipe out an entire crop in days I'd say its pretty important. Are you running the azatrol 1-2 oz per 20 gallons of res as a systemic form of protection?

yes

Back
Top Bottom