The VipersNest Continuous

Actually, the ballast runs on 240v only, so it would run much more efficiently than those running at 120v. As for heat output, many folks vent their reflectors, so the additional heat wouldn't be a problem. We are currently running (2) 1000 wattr's and a 400 watt in 42 sq ft. We still have areas in the room with lower light levels, even with all those lumens. Probably the most efficient way to light our setup with our current hardware would be to go verticle with the bulbs. Our Canadian Sunstar? is the glass tube type cool tube and is designed to run verticle as well as horizontal. Just remove the reflector and it will put out light 360 degrees. I would opt to pick up another one for $150, and just might here soon. It gives a much broader light dispersal than the rectangular hood we have. Just my 2 cents worth...lol.

240v or 120v they use the same wattage and would cost the same to run... Actually I was just on a journal where someone was told it would cost 30-40% less to run 240v and not too long later found out otherwise... I wish I could remember who's journal it was... someone with broken ribs... there was a link there that explained how there's no energy savings. The only reason I would have to run 240v is to put more ballasts on one line... it just distributes the energy over two hots instead of one which cuts your amperage in half. I don't think I could ever be sold on a 206,000 lumen 1500w HID light... $500 for the ballast and $200 for the bulb. I don't really even think it would help with light penetration to grow sativas in a warehouse... you'd have to have the light so far above the plant to get to the outer branches the lumens would be cut in 1/3 or more before it made it to the canopy.

NOW... Microwave Plasma Sulfur that would be the shit. If the price were right and it were designed for indoor gardening I'd jump on that band wagon quick fast and in a hurry... Like Pit I would most definitely love a sponsor to send me acouple to journal. There's a journal by Envirotech where a guy says he can get them for $900 but I looked at them and they are made for warehouses... the angle is such that you would have to place them really high above the plants to get good coverage... I guess with the lumen output it would still work out if you had the ceiling height available but I think I'll wait acouple years when they're more geared towards indoor gardening and have a much better price tag on them...

Well those are my thoughts... LOL... Seems lately everytime I spout off at the keyboard someone seems to take offense to it so I'll throw my disclaimer in here... I don't mean to offend anyone I'm just stating my opinion... I in no way believe anyone elses opinion to be incorrect just not for me...

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

240v or 120v they use the same wattage and would cost the same to run... Actually I was just on a journal where someone was told it would cost 30-40% less to run 240v and not too long later found out otherwise... I wish I could remember who's journal it was... someone with broken ribs... there was a link there that explained how there's no energy savings. The only reason I would have to run 240v is to put more ballasts on one line... it just distributes the energy over two hots instead of one which cuts your amperage in half. I don't think I could ever be sold on a 206,000 lumen 1500w HID light... $500 for the ballast and $200 for the bulb. I don't really even think it would help with light penetration to grow sativas in a warehouse... you'd have to have the light so far above the plant to get to the outer branches the lumens would be cut in 1/3 or more before it made it to the canopy.

NOW... Microwave Plasma Sulfur that would be the shit. If the price were right and it were designed for indoor gardening I'd jump on that band wagon quick fast and in a hurry... Like Pit I would most definitely love a sponsor to send me acouple to journal. There's a journal by Envirotech where a guy says he can get them for $900 but I looked at them and they are made for warehouses... the angle is such that you would have to place them really high above the plants to get good coverage... I guess with the lumen output it would still work out if you had the ceiling height available but I think I'll wait acouple years when they're more geared towards indoor gardening and have a much better price tag on them...

Well those are my thoughts... LOL... Seems lately everytime I spout off at the keyboard someone seems to take offense to it so I'll throw my disclaimer in here... I don't mean to offend anyone I'm just stating my opinion... I in no way believe anyone elses opinion to be incorrect just not for me...

hes its true 240/120 is the same for cost. its twice twice the amps..
no doubt sulfur pasma is the way to go..and yes ceiling height will be a factor but I have a double garage with 12' ceilings that I can use them in

no doubt sulfur pasma is the way to go..and yes ceiling height will be a factor but I have a double garage with 12' ceilings that I can use them in

My provider still thinks it cuts his electricity and no matter what I tell him or explain how power works....there is a slight power savings in short runs of big wire with 240v from lack of line loss. I guess 120v wires can run pretty warm unless it is a big wire, since current x resistance at max temp (resistance climbs pretty quick as temp rises) = volts dropped on wire or line loss. With 1/2 the power going through that wire it doesn't heat up and it's resistance doesn't climb and therefore it's voltage drop is less and less loss. Now is it significant...only over long time will it be worth rewiring, but if you have the option to go 240v over 120v always pick 240v.

:peace:

I could probably get away with my 10' ceilings but I'd rather have something geared towards indoor gardening... with all the problems I seem to run into while growing even if I think I'm prepared for everything something always comes along and kicks my ass a bit so I like to make things as easy as possible... I'd hate to buy some expensive ass light even though it's the tip of the turd and find out I have something else to deal with I didn't expect... LOL. IDK... I think within the next year or so they'll have something more geared towards indoor gardening and less expensive... hell... if someone were to send me a sulfur plasma for free I'd roll with the punchs but otherwise it'll have to wait. :)

My provider still thinks it cuts his electricity and no matter what I tell him or explain how power works....there is a slight power savings in short runs of big wire with 240v from lack of line loss. I guess 120v wires can run pretty warm unless it is a big wire, since current x resistance at max temp (resistance climbs pretty quick as temp rises) = volts dropped on wire or line loss. With 1/2 the power going through that wire it doesn't heat up and it's resistance doesn't climb and therefore it's voltage drop is less and less loss. Now is it significant...only over long time will it be worth rewiring, but if you have the option to go 240v over 120v always pick 240v.

:peace:

Yeah... true true... right up untill I load the shit out of that 240v just like I do the 120v... J/K... Maybe... LOL.

I tend to run other things on my lighting circuit as well... Like I had 3 600w, acouple fans I wanted to turn off when the lights went off, and if I would have had it at the time I would have had a light mover, all on a 20a... technically not overloading... but pushing it... LOL. I'm gonna be framing in a grow room that I kinda just threw up recently and putting quite a bit more into it so I was gonna put a 240v in for the lighting well then I'd have to have a 120 as well and another timer... one for the light mover and fans and one for the lighting... I like the big industrial timers and I like keeping things as simple as possible to try and reduce problems so it kind of goes against my OCD... will I put in a 240v maybe to most likely... still thinking on it... LOL

Yeah... true true... right up untill I load the shit out of that 240v just like I do the 120v... J/K... Maybe... LOL.

I tend to run other things on my lighting circuit as well... Like I had 3 600w, acouple fans I wanted to turn off when the lights went off, and if I would have had it at the time I would have had a light mover, all on a 20a... technically not overloading... but pushing it... LOL. I'm gonna be framing in a grow room that I kinda just threw up recently and putting quite a bit more into it so I was gonna put a 240v in for the lighting well then I'd have to have a 120 as well and another timer... one for the light mover and fans and one for the lighting... I like the big industrial timers and I like keeping things as simple as possible to try and reduce problems so it kind of goes against my OCD... will I put in a 240v maybe to most likely... still thinking on it... LOL

we have a pimp electrical infrastructure

Any back up Generators?

Ya know... sometimes I think it would almost be cheaper to run all my equipment off a whole house Natural Gas Generator... LOL.

no generators...Ive never lost power here...:yahoo:

we have
2 1000w hps
1 600w LED...new
1 434w T5HO
2 7w movers
2 130w 500cfm blowers
3 250w MH (not used much)
1 125w CFL clone lamp

sep 100a serv
6oa timer split to 2 30a circuits
another timer for closet .all timers are commercial
14 4 outlet receptacles

Well that's why I've been playing mega millions lately, if I win, im defintly going to get me some sulphur. If not ill pick up your super penetrator ;):ganjamon:

Well that's why I've been playing mega millions lately, if I win, im defintly going to get me some sulphur. If not ill pick up your super penetrator ;):ganjamon:

they are free to members Dro...Ill give you 3 of the new enhanced models....the other testers didnt survive but I know you will ...your crafty

There are only 2 types of indoor growers:

1.)those who have lost power
2.)those who are about to lose power

:ganjamon:

Same with mites.....dontcha know!

you are sooo right...Ive been lucky

Any back up Generators?

Ya know... sometimes I think it would almost be cheaper to run all my equipment off a whole house Natural Gas Generator... LOL.

now we are in my domain......even if you didn't have to pay 10 grand to buy all the equipment, electricity from your utility provider would still be cheaper :grinjoint:

they are free to members Dro...Ill give you 3 of the new enhanced models....the other testers didnt survive but I know you will ...your crafty

hey Pit, what is free to members?

Back
Top Bottom