The VipersNest Continuous

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Well we are anouncing the LED lamp. Mike from Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting has was kind enough to supply us with one of their 600W LED units. I like the technolgy hes implemented.
He PMd me the Fedex tracking number today and we shoud have it early next week...Thanx Mike!!
3w Leds
4 different blue spectrums
4 different red spectrums
sep IR diodes
sep UV diodes.
We are going to start them on clones, then on a veg cycle, and finish with a bloom.
Ill start a new thread just on the LED's for Mike.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Cool Bro...
Damn... You don't even have the LED yet and I'm waiting for you to start this other journal already... LOL. :popcorn: Guess I'll just sit here and wait patiently... :loopy:... LOL.

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

nice add pit, I hope it works as well as these guys did for you:

11_7_1.jpg

BTW it seems my hydro store has one coming in next week with my name printed on the label. Pitt I have a friend that has them for about 900$ the 600 watt Led's if anyone whats to know the wave's I can tell them. Led's suppose to be the thing. I hope yours works better than the one I seen. All honesty,,, I'd opt for the 1500 watt HPS anyday. GL with it. I know its in the hands of a capible person and I hope you'll post the grow for sure. I'll sure hope to see it. GL Dude

BTW it seems my hydro store has one coming in next week with my name printed on the label. Pitt I have a friend that has them for about 900$ the 600 watt Led's if anyone whats to know the wave's I can tell them. Led's suppose to be the thing. I hope yours works better than the one I seen. All honesty,,, I'd opt for the 1500 watt HPS anyday. GL with it. I know its in the hands of a capible person and I hope you'll post the grow for sure. I'll sure hope to see it. GL Dude

IDK bro... the 1500w seems like a waste... I can't imagine what that would be needed for, 2 600w put out more lumens than the 1500w and with the distance you have to pull that thing back from the tops of the plants cause of the heat I can't imagine much of the 206,000 lumens making it to them... seems like it's a raise in electric bill and heat issues... maybe it's just me but I can't imagine a positive to it... Just my thoughts... Don't mean to offend anyone.

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

I agree with you H2OGanjaFarmr 1500w HPS for the average med user/home grower seems a bit overkill. That might be good for someone doing a warehouse grow with 20 foot ceilings and mad air conditioning. I also think that it is a lot of lumens form one spot. I have been debating is it better to have light distribution or intensity? Well might be a good light for the sativa connoisseur that want a lot of light to make those girls fill out or if you are looking to grow massive plants.

Haven't stopped by in a long time and glad I did. Really excited to hear you are doing an LED grow Pit can't wait to see what you are able to do with it!

:peace:

PitViper is the man to validate grow results!!! I am excited to get your evaluation report..
Will you be starting a separate thread for this test?

yes...he was kind enough to supply it so I will give him a dedicated thread.

Im waiting for a sponsor to come up with some Sulphur Plasma lamps. 4 250w units will spread nicely and give aprox 600,000 lumens...for a 1000w output. I would take that all day long. The 1500w unit hes talking about is a beast...Im not sure how that would work for me. I would just spend another 1000 and get 2 1000's giving me 4 and allowing more light overlap...the more sources..the more coverage.

600,000 lumens on lightmovers would be incredible. do you suppose for us that have just a few potted plants, that we can just spin them around and reposition them periodically, to get better light coverage, or would that stress the flowering plant? I'm sure in veg it would be great exercise for the stems to grow while being pulled different directions, but in flower I'm not so sure...

Im waiting for a sponsor to come up with some Sulphur Plasma lamps. 4 250w units will spread nicely and give aprox 600,000 lumens...for a 1000w output. I would take that all day long. The 1500w unit hes talking about is a beast...Im not sure how that would work for me. I would just spend another 1000 and get 2 1000's giving me 4 and allowing more light overlap...the more sources..the more coverage.

Those Sulphur Plasma lamps are the shiznit. They have the best spectrum and output. I can't wait to get one of those.....but I'm going to have to wait. The prices are still way too high.

600,000 lumens on lightmovers would be incredible. do you suppose for us that have just a few potted plants, that we can just spin them around and reposition them periodically, to get better light coverage, or would that stress the flowering plant? I'm sure in veg it would be great exercise for the stems to grow while being pulled different directions, but in flower I'm not so sure...

I dont understand your statement. its good to rotate your pots whether you are in soil or hydro...sometimes you cant in hydro due to root issues.

Actually, the ballast runs on 240v only, so it would run much more efficiently than those running at 120v. As for heat output, many folks vent their reflectors, so the additional heat wouldn't be a problem. We are currently running (2) 1000 wattr's and a 400 watt in 42 sq ft. We still have areas in the room with lower light levels, even with all those lumens. Probably the most efficient way to light our setup with our current hardware would be to go verticle with the bulbs. Our Canadian Sunstar? is the glass tube type cool tube and is designed to run verticle as well as horizontal. Just remove the reflector and it will put out light 360 degrees. I would opt to pick up another one for $150, and just might here soon. It gives a much broader light dispersal than the rectangular hood we have. Just my 2 cents worth...lol.

Those Sulphur Plasma lamps are the shiznit. They have the best spectrum and output. I can't wait to get one of those.....but I'm going to have to wait. The prices are still way too high.
I will get them when the price has stabilized...1-2 years.

I dont understand your statement. its good to rotate your pots whether you are in soil or hydro...sometimes you cant in hydro due to root issues.

thx I was worried it would cause undue stress on a flowering plant, but i'll keep it up. sorry this was off topic. shoulda been a pm or something. I'm seeing that I clutter u guy's journals so I'll work on putting my ?'s where they belong...

Actually, the ballast runs on 240v only, so it would run much more efficiently than those running at 120v. As for heat output, many folks vent their reflectors, so the additional heat wouldn't be a problem. We are currently running (2) 1000 wattr's and a 400 watt in 42 sq ft. We still have areas in the room with lower light levels, even with all those lumens. Probably the most efficient way to light our setup with our current hardware would be to go verticle with the bulbs. Our Canadian Sunstar? is the glass tube type cool tube and is designed to run verticle as well as horizontal. Just remove the reflector and it will put out light 360 degrees. I would opt to pick up another one for $150, and just might here soon. It gives a much broader light dispersal than the rectangular hood we have. Just my 2 cents worth...lol.

sounds like a good bang for the buck:bravo:

thx I was worried it would cause undue stress on a flowering plant, but i'll keep it up. sorry this was off topic. shoulda been a pm or something. I'm seeing that I clutter u guy's journals so I'll work on putting my ?'s where they belong...

no its all good man...thats what the journal is here for. nothing is off topic here.To answer your question...I dont think the plants will have any stress at all....rather they will be just getting more light and intensity..they wll love it.

sounds like a good bang for the buck:bravo:

It is in my opinion. Problem is, our friend with the hydro shop doesn't stock them, so we would have to go to the competition to get another...lol. You can even get a 60 inch wide hood for them, little large for a closet grow...lol. We have even sat down and designed a rotating platter, 6 foot in diameter, to place in a 7 foot square room. Hang one bulb in the center, verticle, and the other in a corner, also verticle, with the plants rotating on the platter. All plants would get 360 degrees of light from the top and sides. May this summer we can build a test unit and commit a journal to it.

Back
Top Bottom