The Purple Experiment

Stizz1e

My friends and I have had a long running debate as to weather or not purple weed is actually any good, or if it just looks pretty in the bag. So to try and solve this debate once and for all I have taken it upon myself to test the argument. Please join me on my road to finding out if purple weed is in fact just nice to look at.
I have a new @VIVOSUN 2.7'X2.7'X5' smart grow system tent that I'm running this experiment in. I'm using their 150 watt aerolight se with the growhub e42a smart hub. On top of that I have moved my vs1000 100watt light into the tent as well for 250 watts of purple production power :snowboating: All of my seeds are autoflowers again from @Royal Queen Seeds

Strain/s: Purple Punch Autoflower, Granddaddy Purple Autoflower, and Dosidos Autoflower
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 3 Gallon
Tent Size: 32" X 32" X 63"
How Many Plants: 3
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Flowering
Medium: 75% Fox Farms Ocean Forrest 25% Perlite and a solo cup worth of Fox Farms Happy Frog
Lights: 150 Watt LED and 100 Watt LED
Nutrients: Fox Farms Nutrients
Room/Tent Temperature: 70° - 80°F
Relative Humidity: 50% - 65%
Pests: None
Watering: One to two times weekly, one feeding per week

My seeds spent the night in a closet soaking in a shot glass worth of tap water. I then planted them directly into 3 gallon pots with a fox farms ocean forest/perlite mix. I added a solo cup worth of happy frog potting soil in the center of the pots to plant the actual seeds into in hopes of letting them get out of the seedling stage before getting into soil; that is too hot for them, a problem I believe I ran into with my Royal Haze auto from my last grow.

Dosidos autoflower details:

1723235049409.png

Strain Type: Autoflowering
THC: 20%
CBD: Low
Yield Indoor : 12 to 14 oz/m²
Yield Outdoor: 3 to 5 oz/plant
Height Indoor: 3 to 4 feet
Height Outdoor: 3 to 5 feet
Flowering time: 7 - 8 weeks
Harvest Month: 9 - 10 weeks after sprouting
Genetic Background: Do-Si-Dos x Cookies Auto
Type: Sativa 35% Indica 60% Ruderalis 5%
Effect: Calming
Climate: Long Summers
Flavor: Candy, Citrus

Granddaddy purple auto details:
1723235139380.png

Genetic Background: Granddaddy Purple x Big Bud Auto
THC: 19%
Type: Sativa 20%, Indica 75%, Ruderalis 5%
Flowering time: 8 - 9 weeks
Height Indoor: 2 to 4 feet
Yield Indoor : 13 to 16 oz/m²
Yield Outdoor: 4 to 5 oz/plant
Harvest Month: 10 - 12 weeks after sprouting
Effect: Physically Relaxing, Sleepy, Uplifting
Flavor: Blueberry, Fruity, Herbal, Pine

Purple Punch auto details:

1723235203442.png

CBD: Medium
Yield Outdoor: 3 to 4 oz/plant
Height Indoor: 2 to 3 feet
Height Outdoor: 3 to 4 feet
Genetic Background: Purple Punch x Old Skunk Auto
Effect: Physically Relaxing
Flavor: Candy, Fruity

I'm excited to see how this grow turns out, hope you enjoy the ride!

My friends and I have had a long running debate as to weather or not purple weed is actually any good, or if it just looks pretty in the bag. So to try and solve this debate once and for all I have taken it upon myself to test the argument. Please join me on my road to finding out if purple weed is in fact just nice to look at.
I have a new @VIVOSUN 2.7'X2.7'X5' smart grow system tent that I'm running this experiment in. I'm using their 150 watt aerolight se with the growhub e42a smart hub. On top of that I have moved my vs1000 100watt light into the tent as well for 250 watts of purple production power :snowboating: All of my seeds are autoflowers again from @Royal Queen Seeds

Strain/s: Purple Punch Autoflower, Granddaddy Purple Autoflower, and Dosidos Autoflower
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 3 Gallon
Tent Size: 32" X 32" X 63"
How Many Plants: 3
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Flowering
Medium: 75% Fox Farms Ocean Forrest 25% Perlite and a solo cup worth of Fox Farms Happy Frog
Lights: 150 Watt LED and 100 Watt LED
Nutrients: Fox Farms Nutrients
Room/Tent Temperature: 70° - 80°F
Relative Humidity: 50% - 65%
Pests: None
Watering: One to two times weekly, one feeding per week

My seeds spent the night in a closet soaking in a shot glass worth of tap water. I then planted them directly into 3 gallon pots with a fox farms ocean forest/perlite mix. I added a solo cup worth of happy frog potting soil in the center of the pots to plant the actual seeds into in hopes of letting them get out of the seedling stage before getting into soil; that is too hot for them, a problem I believe I ran into with my Royal Haze auto from my last grow.

Dosidos autoflower details:

1723235049409.png

THC: 20%
Yield Outdoor: 3 to 5 oz/plant
Height Indoor: 3 to 4 feet
Genetic Background: Do-Si-Dos x Cookies Auto
Type: Sativa 35% Indica 60% Ruderalis 5%
Effect: Calming
Flavor: Candy, Citrus

Granddaddy purple auto details:
1723235139380.png

Genetic Background: Granddaddy Purple x Big Bud Auto
Flowering time: 8 - 9 weeks
Height Indoor: 2 to 4 feet
Yield Indoor : 13 to 16 oz/m²
Yield Outdoor: 4 to 5 oz/plant
Harvest Month: 10 - 12 weeks after sprouting
Effect: Physically Relaxing, Sleepy, Uplifting
Flavor: Blueberry, Fruity, Herbal, Pine

Purple Punch auto details:

1723235203442.png

CBD: Medium
Yield Outdoor: 3 to 4 oz/plant
Height Indoor: 2 to 3 feet
Height Outdoor: 3 to 4 feet
Genetic Background: Purple Punch x Old Skunk Auto
Effect: Physically Relaxing
Flavor: Candy, Fruity

I'm excited to see how this grow turns out, hope you enjoy the ride!
GDP was one of my favorites, great start my friend :welldone:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Agree with Bill that Granddaddy Purple is my favorite so far. Purple flower seems more fun and last year's purple has turned black haha.
Awesome, I'm not sure I've ever smoked the real thing lol so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to get some purple rosin out of these plants at some point too

Nice start to your grow journal @Stizz1e

Keep up the excellent work.
I will stop in occasionally to see how you are coming along, if you don't mine.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks! Absolutely love having you around!

Do si dos is a great strain! I just vaped some.
It'll be interesting to see how the auto version stacks up.
Good to hear! Before grabbing these seeds I had never heard of it, but the pictures and description sounded interesting so I figured I'd give it a shot.

We have signs of life from all three plants, gdp and do si dos are both fully sprouted, purple punch is coming up, but still has the seed casing on it, hopefully it sheds that by tomorrow. I was the most worried about the purple punch as when I tapped it in the shot glass it didn't sink like the others did, but I'm happy to see it sprouting. Pics tomorrow when they are all up and green

They look good. :thumb:
If you have enough soil it’s better for the roots if you fill the pot. :Namaste:
That’s the most valuable real estate in your tent.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
My thought there was that I'd wait until I was out of seedling stage and then back fill to get rid of the stretched stems that always seem to happen with my seedlings

My thought there was that I'd wait until I was out of seedling stage and then back fill to get rid of the stretched stems that always seem to happen with my seedlings
Sounds like a plan. :thumb:
Have a nice weekend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

We're into week three on this grow and everything is looking good. I've back filled the pots now that the initial seedling stretch is finished, and all the girls are working on their third nodes along with side branching. I'm still running the vivosun seedling routine on the grow hub but I'll switch that next week to the veg routine. Pretty standard veg pics incoming.

The do si dos seems to be the slowest/smallest of the three, but is still keeping up

The granddaddy purple is very tightly stacked which I like to see, usually there is a decent amount of stretch in this stage, I'm wondering if the lights being at 60% is helping the stretch.

Purple punch seems like its doing the best/growing the fastest so far. We'll have to wait and see if that continues to be the case.

This grow went off the rails a bit. I was away for a little over a week this past week and left the plants on AC infinity self watering bases, they were somewhat effective. The plants all stretched more than I would have liked or allowed them to if I was able to be on top of them, but they are all alive which is more than I can say for my og kush grow.
They all got trimmed and watered today with flower nutrients as all three went into flower over the last week or so. I think I'll be able to tame them back but I'll have to run this experiment again to get a more suitable result.

Heres the Do Si Dos before clean up:

Here she is after:

Granddaddy purple I forgot to take a picture before clean up but here she is after:

Granddaddy purple after some training:

Purple Punch before clean up:

And after clean up:

I'll try to train the others in a day or so but the soil was so dry that my training stakes weren't staying in the ground so I hope after getting watered today that the stalks will be a bit more pliable and that the dirt will hold onto the stakes better

Back
Top Bottom