The Purple Experiment

All the plants in this grow are looking better after the dry out scare. I may have jumped the gun on flower nutrients as the Do si dos wasnt actually in flower yet, but I started seeing pistils today, so I'll be switching the @VIVOSUN recipe to flower tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the start of week 6 for this grow, I'll update with pictures when I make the switch

Week six total of this grow, week two of flower. Things are looking better in this tent now, no more yellowing leaves and no more signs of drought. It should be smooth sailing from here on out, fingers crossed at least.
All of my grows seem to have one plant that just lags behind or is generally smaller, I'm not really sure if that's on me or is up to genetics.
Do si dos is just smaller over all than the other two plants. She looks healthy though and the node spacing is pretty tight, she also was slower into flower than the other two so maybe she'll just take longer to finish up.

Granddaddy purple is leggy and looks almost sativa like. Its the only one I really tried to train/LST but I think I got to them too late to make any real impact so I'll be mostly letting them grow untrained. The main cola looks like it'll be really nice if it fattens up though.

Purple punch is continuing its trend of being the best looking plant out of this set. She looks full and healthy with a bunch of side colas, and has that nice christmas tree shape to her.

They are all still early into flower, and according to the documentation from @Royal Queen Seeds about halfway through their life cycles, but does anyone know when I should expect to see some color start to show up? I'm excited to see some purple!

After looking more closely at do si dos, I have realized its actually not in flower yet. What I thought were pistils were actually a clump of new fan leaves growing out of the main stalk. This plant not being in flower yet puts it at least two weeks behind the other two plants in the tent. It shouldn't be a problem, but I should probably stop feeding it flower nutes. Hopefully she starts to flower soon, I know the descriptions are pretty much just promotional material but this strain allegedly has a 9-10 week grow time, which means it should be in flower at this point, but who knows. I guess I'll just wait and see

Back
Top Bottom